• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Illegal in CA starting 1/1/12 be forewarned

drdcup

FYI, Loaded open carry except in unincorporated areas is currently illegal. Past day the Govenor signed into law starting 1/1/12 unloaded open carry is also illegal. The only legal method except if you are lucky to have a CCW in CA is to open carry long guns. I suggest you check out the CA board for more information.

Nevada should be forewarned of something like this in the future as Clark county ie Vegas has a lot of people from CA and votes Democratic. Clark county should be incorporated into the state of CA proper.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I wonder how much it would cost to take out an ad in the Sacramento Bee thanking Governor Moonbeam for making our state a safer place . . ?

Or to put up a billboard in NLV to advise the criminals that the People's Republic of California is a safer place for THEM . . ?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
My letter to the Sacramento Bee:

"Thanks, Governor!

"I would like to thank Governor Brown for making my home a safer place, by banning the carry of unloaded guns in California.

"I live in Nevada.

"Everything that California does to make it harder for victims of violent crime to defend themselves is one more reason for our criminals to move, and I will certainly spread the word here.

"Please keep up the good work!

Sabotage70

I wonder how much it would cost to take out an ad in the Sacramento Bee thanking Governor Moonbeam for making our state a safer place . . ?

Or to put up a billboard in NLV to advise the criminals that the People's Republic of California is a safer place for THEM . . ?

That won't work. I'm sure most of them are 2 strikers anyways. Now if they repeal the 3 strike law, we'll be in business. :lol:

drdcup

I vote billboard.

Vegassteve

been spending some time reading on the calgun forum. From some of the posts it almost seems to me that calgun members were part of the people behind this bill. Where was the NRA in this fight? Anyone know if they got in it at all?

drdcup

I doubt the NRA did anything (sad) as they usually mention things on the NRA ILA website. From what I can see nothing of the three negative laws that were passed were mentioned. I think also one of the laws will be they are going to have long gun registration now too. Seems like the NRA doesn't want to be associated with a negative stigma of open carry.

CA now is just as worse as NY, NJ.