Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California bans open carry

California bans open carry

Open Carry in California now illegal

California Gov. Enacts Ban On Open Handgun Carrying | Fox News

Concealed Carry is almost impossible to get a permit.

And that means that I (and a few others) have now banned goods and services that originate form CA. No rights, no $.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    And that means that I (and a few others) have now banned goods and services that originate form CA. No rights, no $.
    do you mean that you're a business owner that won't be accepting goods from the state or that you as a consumer won't be buying good from CA, like CA wine?

and I don't think I have to ask that if you're a business owner you'll be doing both.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Virginia?

This could never ever happen in the Commonwealth of Virginia!

Right?

Jerry Brown in an elitist ex-hippy fascist who will do anything in his power (and even a few things outside his authority, if he thinks he can get away with it...) to pillage and desecrate the sovereignty, liberty and freedom of the People of Kalifornia.

He should be impeached for violating his oath of office to uphold the US and California Constitutions, and tried for Treason and Sedition.

Let's not tippy-toe around the facts, folks. The control-freak globalist neo-feudalists are acting like rats trapped in a corner, and are pulling out all the stops on their march toward global tyranny. It's time to start speaking the TRUTH, and stop worrying about the tender sensibilities of the Sheeple...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    People in California who had chosen to go armed were in a quandary because obtaining a CCW permit was next to impossible and as usual, especially in those areas where one was needed the most. So that did the only thing they could; OC. But even with that, California had a really crazy law on the books about not having the firearm loaded.

And then there were the incidents with some people who, just like in other states, wanted to "test" the locals and the police to see what sort of reactions they'd get. While this might not pose much of a concern in places like Arizona, Utah, or Virginia, with the demographics of California, it did. Couple this with Gov. Brown's history and you get a situation where now effectively, there is no carry when out and about. And I doubt if they'll see shall issue any time soon, either.

You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum.

Personally, I agree with one thing they don't like and that is the people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors. I would hope we have a minimum, if any, of these types on this site.

As for this coming to Virginia, I seriously doubt it but then again, I would not bet my life on it. Anything can happen and it's just a matter of socio-political climate here and in other places. A manufactured crisis with suspension of constitutional law and there you go. But is it likely to happen otherwise? No, I don't think so.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    +1, but I'd liken it to a +10. Millions of us who value the right to keep and bear arms will be boycotting anything and EVERYTHING from California because of their refusal to respect our right to keep and bear arms.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I couldn't agree more!

Very well said SouthernBoy. "...people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors." I carry concealed every day in the state of Minnesota. I'm not making political statements, I'm prepared to defend myself and others in the unlikely event I am forced to do so. I empathize with Californian's difficulty in obtaining CCW licenses but the OC'ers just set the entire process back.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    People in California who had chosen to go armed were in a quandary because obtaining a CCW permit was next to impossible and as usual, especially in those areas where one was needed the most. So that did the only thing they could; OC. But even with that, California had a really crazy law on the books about not having the firearm loaded.

And then there were the incidents with some people who, just like in other states, wanted to "test" the locals and the police to see what sort of reactions they'd get. While this might not pose much of a concern in places like Arizona, Utah, or Virginia, with the demographics of California, it did. Couple this with Gov. Brown's history and you get a situation where now effectively, there is no carry when out and about. And I doubt if they'll see shall issue any time soon, either.

You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum.

Personally, I agree with one thing they don't like and that is the people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors. I would hope we have a minimum, if any, of these types on this site.

As for this coming to Virginia, I seriously doubt it but then again, I would not bet my life on it. Anything can happen and it's just a matter of socio-political climate here and in other places. A manufactured crisis with suspension of constitutional law and there you go. But is it likely to happen otherwise? No, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Jerry Brown in an elitist ex-hippy fascist who will do anything in his power (and even a few things outside his authority, if he thinks he can get away with it...) to pillage and desecrate the sovereignty, liberty and freedom of the People of Kalifornia.

He should be impeached for violating his oath of office to uphold the US and California Constitutions, and tried for Treason and Sedition.

Let's not tippy-toe around the facts, folks. The control-freak globalist neo-feudalists are acting like rats trapped in a corner, and are pulling out all the stops on their march toward global tyranny. It's time to start speaking the TRUTH, and stop worrying about the tender sensibilities of the Sheeple...
    Wow! completely agree. We should NOT care what the truth says, speak it, and speak it often. I say down with brown!!

While I disagree with any type of ban on firearms, these folks elected these asshats and should have seen this coming. I do feel bad for the freeedom loving people in Kalifornikation. They need to get over Kalifornia and realize that if they want true freedom, they need to get the hell out.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealTard View Post
    Very well said SouthernBoy. "...people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors." I carry concealed every day in the state of Minnesota. I'm not making political statements, I'm prepared to defend myself and others in the unlikely event I am forced to do so. I empathize with Californian's difficulty in obtaining CCW licenses but the OC'ers just set the entire process back.
    So, they did have that right, but just dont excersize that right? " Ok you sheep,you have the right but I had better not ever see you using that right or we will be forced to take that right away!"

Let me reiterate.

I'm speaking very specifically of OC'ers that intentionally confront law enforcement and record, post their exploits in the name of "exercising their rights". I'm not referring to citizens that open carry as a course of their daily activity. People open carry in Minnesota and citizens by and large don't give it a second thought. We don't go out of our way to "poke the stick in the cage". We just exercise our right. OC'ers that agitate just got a lesson in how effective their tactics are.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    So, they did have that right, but just dont excersize that right? " Ok you sheep,you have the right but I had better not ever see you using that right or we will be forced to take that right away!"

California. Beautiful place, but I wouldnt want to live there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jefferson_state_seal-300x289.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	7103
    Damn Federalists!
    Last edited by scornd; 10-11-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Is that a crazy mentality or what? Something like, "Yeah, you do have the right to write letters in protest of Rep. XXX [some government official] but that doesn't mean you should do it".

It never ceases to amaze me that most people wouldn't dream of curtailing free speech or the right to assemble to redress grievances, but some of those folks wouldn't waste a moment telling others that just because thy have a right to openly carry a firearm doesn't mean they should.

It is not a BUFFET OF RIGHTS, it's a BILL OF RIGHTS and you have to accept all of them.... or none at all. There is no picking and choosing with this most fundamental document. How is it that some can say "no" to restrictions on the First Amendment while at the same time saying, "maybe" to restrictions on the Second? That one just escapes me.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealTard View Post
    I'm speaking very specifically of OC'ers that intentionally confront law enforcement and record, post their exploits in the name of "exercising their rights". I'm not referring to citizens that open carry as a course of their daily activity. People open carry in Minnesota and citizens by and large don't give it a second thought. We don't go out of our way to "poke the stick in the cage". We just exercise our right. OC'ers that agitate just got a lesson in how effective their tactics are.
    Well I'd bet that the situation is different in California than in Minnesota, and I can guarantee it's quite a bit different from what we have in Virginia. This was a situation just waiting to boil over into what was signed into law the other day. And don't look for the Ninth Circuit Court to overturn that one.

What I find when discussing this topic with people in other states is this. They see things through their state tainted eyes. And this is pretty much human nature. Someone in a state where there are more controls and less freedom for someone who carries is most likely going to view OC'ers as people who are ruining it for everyone. Their state and its laws, along with the demographic and socio-political climate, is going to dictate how they view us, like it or not. For those of us who live in states where there are minimum restrictions and the carrying of a firearm, open or concealed, is no big deal, are targets of those other folks who do not have such freedom simply because they have grown up in a different climate with a different mindset. For the life of me, I cannot seem to get those folks to see this.

America First!

If you percieve that posters are anti-gun, because they dont support all forms of carry or gun politics- then your intuition is perfectly attuned.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum...
    I humbly submit Wisconsin as a refutation of their "ruining it for everyone" Buck Snort.

I realize the circumstances aren't exactly the same but OC did more to bring awareness of our 2A rights than anything has in years.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Open carry in Idaho seems to be ok. No one proposing legislation to ban it here. We even carry recorders to protect ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Open carry in Idaho seems to be ok. No one proposing legislation to ban it here. We even carry recorders to protect ourselves!
    Idaho would be a Utopia if it were not for the Kalifornia's that move here. They screwed up their state and are spreading like a cancer to Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Idaho would be a Utopia if it were not for the Kalifornia's that move here. They screwed up their state and are spreading like a cancer to Idaho.
    And as you well know, they don't drop their baggage at the border before entering your state. They bring along their nutty ideas of how things should be and be done not thinking for one moment that this sort of mentality is NOT about to ingratiate them with the native folks in Idaho. We see that here in Virginia to some degree.

America First!

I thought key California legislation had to clear a voter hurdle, as in a proposition?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Happy about this decision....

I've got to tell all of you; personally speaking, I'm happy about this new law. For complete disclosure, I'm a 27 year police Lieutenant here in California. I had the distinct displeasure in having to deal with three OC situations within my city. Each one called for my officers to conduct a tactical contact under difficult circumstances (remember, these simply come out as;"man with a gun" calls) and deal with OCers who were seemingly enjoying the stir their conduct generated. Now, I can't speak for other states and their social environments which might be conducive to open carry....but, here in California, this isn't the wild west anymore. Here, if you show you have a gun....if you pretend you have a gun.....if you imply or even mention that you have a gun....you are going to get rained on with cops and the confrontation WILL TAKE PLACE! And because that is the enviroment of this state, very few Californians were tolerant of, or gave a rats ass to, the Open Carry movement.

Like every state in this nation, there is good and bad unique to that state. And so it is with California on this issue, and there wasn't much doubt as to the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by buggybear View Post
    I've got to tell all of you; personally speaking, I'm happy about this new law. For complete disclosure, I'm a 27 year police Lieutenant here in California. I had the distinct displeasure in having to deal with three OC situations within my city. Each one called for my officers to conduct a tactical contact under difficult circumstances (remember, these simply come out as;"man with a gun" calls) and deal with OCers who were seemingly enjoying the stir their conduct generated. Now, I can't speak for other states and their social environments which might be conducive to open carry....but, here in California, this isn't the wild west anymore. Here, if you show you have a gun....if you pretend you have a gun.....if you imply or even mention that you have a gun....you are going to get rained on with cops and the confrontation WILL TAKE PLACE! And because that is the enviroment of this state, very few Californians were tolerant of, or gave a rats ass to, the Open Carry movement.

Like every state in this nation, there is good and bad unique to that state. And so it is with California on this issue, and there wasn't much doubt as to the outcome.
    Where do you stand on permits?

If indeed you are a Police Lieutenant, you should wander over the Colorado river to Arizona and witness first hand how REAL Police and experienced 911 dispatchers handle a MWAG call.

It makes me feel warm a fuzzy all over that you don't believe in the USA. That you agree with the POLICE state, you are part of the problem. Are you going to be there anytime an unarmed citizen is being robbed, mugged, beaten, or shot? I guess it was your day off when the gunman shot up the quary. It is people like you that are responsable for the erosion of our freedoms. Instead of responding with SWAT for MWAG call why not respond and observe...or ask what is going on instead of over reacting.

Your a piece of work and paranoid. I attended the acadamy in Idaho, it is just not taught to have a automatic..."THEY ARE GUILTY OF SOMETHING" response.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast