• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California bans open carry

SovereignAxe

And that means that I (and a few others) have now banned goods and services that originate form CA. No rights, no $.

do you mean that you're a business owner that won't be accepting goods from the state or that you as a consumer won't be buying good from CA, like CA wine?

and I don't think I have to ask that if you're a business owner you'll be doing both.

Dreamer

Jerry Brown in an elitist ex-hippy fascist who will do anything in his power (and even a few things outside his authority, if he thinks he can get away with it...) to pillage and desecrate the sovereignty, liberty and freedom of the People of Kalifornia.

He should be impeached for violating his oath of office to uphold the US and California Constitutions, and tried for Treason and Sedition.

Let's not tippy-toe around the facts, folks. The control-freak globalist neo-feudalists are acting like rats trapped in a corner, and are pulling out all the stops on their march toward global tyranny. It's time to start speaking the TRUTH, and stop worrying about the tender sensibilities of the Sheeple...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
People in California who had chosen to go armed were in a quandary because obtaining a CCW permit was next to impossible and as usual, especially in those areas where one was needed the most. So that did the only thing they could; OC. But even with that, California had a really crazy law on the books about not having the firearm loaded.

And then there were the incidents with some people who, just like in other states, wanted to "test" the locals and the police to see what sort of reactions they'd get. While this might not pose much of a concern in places like Arizona, Utah, or Virginia, with the demographics of California, it did. Couple this with Gov. Brown's history and you get a situation where now effectively, there is no carry when out and about. And I doubt if they'll see shall issue any time soon, either.

You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum.

Personally, I agree with one thing they don't like and that is the people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors. I would hope we have a minimum, if any, of these types on this site.

As for this coming to Virginia, I seriously doubt it but then again, I would not bet my life on it. Anything can happen and it's just a matter of socio-political climate here and in other places. A manufactured crisis with suspension of constitutional law and there you go. But is it likely to happen otherwise? No, I don't think so.

since9

Campaign Veteran
And that means that I (and a few others) have now banned goods and services that originate form CA. No rights, no $.

+1, but I'd liken it to a +10. Millions of us who value the right to keep and bear arms will be boycotting anything and EVERYTHING from California because of their refusal to respect our right to keep and bear arms.

UnrealTard

I couldn't agree more!

Very well said SouthernBoy. "...people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors." I carry concealed every day in the state of Minnesota. I'm not making political statements, I'm prepared to defend myself and others in the unlikely event I am forced to do so. I empathize with Californian's difficulty in obtaining CCW licenses but the OC'ers just set the entire process back.

People in California who had chosen to go armed were in a quandary because obtaining a CCW permit was next to impossible and as usual, especially in those areas where one was needed the most. So that did the only thing they could; OC. But even with that, California had a really crazy law on the books about not having the firearm loaded.

And then there were the incidents with some people who, just like in other states, wanted to "test" the locals and the police to see what sort of reactions they'd get. While this might not pose much of a concern in places like Arizona, Utah, or Virginia, with the demographics of California, it did. Couple this with Gov. Brown's history and you get a situation where now effectively, there is no carry when out and about. And I doubt if they'll see shall issue any time soon, either.

You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum.

Personally, I agree with one thing they don't like and that is the people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors. I would hope we have a minimum, if any, of these types on this site.

As for this coming to Virginia, I seriously doubt it but then again, I would not bet my life on it. Anything can happen and it's just a matter of socio-political climate here and in other places. A manufactured crisis with suspension of constitutional law and there you go. But is it likely to happen otherwise? No, I don't think so.

nobama

Jerry Brown in an elitist ex-hippy fascist who will do anything in his power (and even a few things outside his authority, if he thinks he can get away with it...) to pillage and desecrate the sovereignty, liberty and freedom of the People of Kalifornia.

He should be impeached for violating his oath of office to uphold the US and California Constitutions, and tried for Treason and Sedition.

Let's not tippy-toe around the facts, folks. The control-freak globalist neo-feudalists are acting like rats trapped in a corner, and are pulling out all the stops on their march toward global tyranny. It's time to start speaking the TRUTH, and stop worrying about the tender sensibilities of the Sheeple...

Wow! completely agree. We should NOT care what the truth says, speak it, and speak it often. I say down with brown!!

rodbender

While I disagree with any type of ban on firearms, these folks elected these asshats and should have seen this coming. I do feel bad for the freeedom loving people in Kalifornikation. They need to get over Kalifornia and realize that if they want true freedom, they need to get the hell out.

nobama

Very well said SouthernBoy. "...people who deliberately go out and try to get a rise out of police and citizens, looking for a confrontation which they can record and/or film. These people are not doing anyone any favors." I carry concealed every day in the state of Minnesota. I'm not making political statements, I'm prepared to defend myself and others in the unlikely event I am forced to do so. I empathize with Californian's difficulty in obtaining CCW licenses but the OC'ers just set the entire process back.

So, they did have that right, but just dont excersize that right? " Ok you sheep,you have the right but I had better not ever see you using that right or we will be forced to take that right away!"

UnrealTard

Let me reiterate.

I'm speaking very specifically of OC'ers that intentionally confront law enforcement and record, post their exploits in the name of "exercising their rights". I'm not referring to citizens that open carry as a course of their daily activity. People open carry in Minnesota and citizens by and large don't give it a second thought. We don't go out of our way to "poke the stick in the cage". We just exercise our right. OC'ers that agitate just got a lesson in how effective their tactics are.

So, they did have that right, but just dont excersize that right? " Ok you sheep,you have the right but I had better not ever see you using that right or we will be forced to take that right away!"

scornd

California. Beautiful place, but I wouldnt want to live there.

jefferson_state_seal-300x289.jpg
Damn Federalists!

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Is that a crazy mentality or what? Something like, "Yeah, you do have the right to write letters in protest of Rep. XXX [some government official] but that doesn't mean you should do it".

It never ceases to amaze me that most people wouldn't dream of curtailing free speech or the right to assemble to redress grievances, but some of those folks wouldn't waste a moment telling others that just because thy have a right to openly carry a firearm doesn't mean they should.

It is not a BUFFET OF RIGHTS, it's a BILL OF RIGHTS and you have to accept all of them.... or none at all. There is no picking and choosing with this most fundamental document. How is it that some can say "no" to restrictions on the First Amendment while at the same time saying, "maybe" to restrictions on the Second? That one just escapes me.

SouthernBoy

I'm speaking very specifically of OC'ers that intentionally confront law enforcement and record, post their exploits in the name of "exercising their rights". I'm not referring to citizens that open carry as a course of their daily activity. People open carry in Minnesota and citizens by and large don't give it a second thought. We don't go out of our way to "poke the stick in the cage". We just exercise our right. OC'ers that agitate just got a lesson in how effective their tactics are.

Well I'd bet that the situation is different in California than in Minnesota, and I can guarantee it's quite a bit different from what we have in Virginia. This was a situation just waiting to boil over into what was signed into law the other day. And don't look for the Ninth Circuit Court to overturn that one.

What I find when discussing this topic with people in other states is this. They see things through their state tainted eyes. And this is pretty much human nature. Someone in a state where there are more controls and less freedom for someone who carries is most likely going to view OC'ers as people who are ruining it for everyone. Their state and its laws, along with the demographic and socio-political climate, is going to dictate how they view us, like it or not. For those of us who live in states where there are minimum restrictions and the carrying of a firearm, open or concealed, is no big deal, are targets of those other folks who do not have such freedom simply because they have grown up in a different climate with a different mindset. For the life of me, I cannot seem to get those folks to see this.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer

If you percieve that posters are anti-gun, because they dont support all forms of carry or gun politics- then your intuition is perfectly attuned.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
You should see all of the negative postings on glocktalk.com about this. There are a fairly high percentage of members on that site who do not like OC'ing at all and think OC'ers are not only retards, but ruining things for everyone. And they're using California's new law as proof. Reading some of their posts would make you think you were in an anti-gun forum...

I humbly submit Wisconsin as a refutation of their "ruining it for everyone" Buck Snort.

I realize the circumstances aren't exactly the same but OC did more to bring awareness of our 2A rights than anything has in years.

SouthernBoy

Idaho would be a Utopia if it were not for the Kalifornia's that move here. They screwed up their state and are spreading like a cancer to Idaho.

And as you well know, they don't drop their baggage at the border before entering your state. They bring along their nutty ideas of how things should be and be done not thinking for one moment that this sort of mentality is NOT about to ingratiate them with the native folks in Idaho. We see that here in Virginia to some degree.