• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California bans open carry

PistolPackingMomma

snip...

And over the last 3 years, I've gotten on your forum about 6 times. Each time, when an opinion differing from the site norm is given, the "Troll" title is tossed out. What the hell do you people call this a forum for??? I'm trying to give some insight into a perspective few of you share. If you don't welcome that, you might as well all sit around rubbing each other and call that a forum too.....

I can't and won't speak for anyone else here, but as for myself, it isn't a difference of opinion that bothers me; it is an anti-liberty attitude. You came to a place where people believe in and exercise their rights. What sort of response did you really expect to receive?

GWbiker

A "troll" with over 200 posts? Maybe, if he had 10 or 15.

Give the guy a break. We all have unique insights and perspectives, and just because they may different from ours, that doesn't necessarily make them "wrong".

If everybody on this forum had the same outlook and view on things, there could be no real discussion.

Listening to other people's opinions, comments, and insights can broaden our base of understanding on a given subject if we will be open-minded enough to listen and weigh all sides of a discussion.

I see only 4 posts. Has he posted under another name, you're aware of?

donny

Jerry Brown in an elitist ex-hippy fascist who will do anything in his power (and even a few things outside his authority, if he thinks he can get away with it...) to pillage and desecrate the sovereignty, liberty and freedom of the People of Kalifornia.

He should be impeached for violating his oath of office to uphold the US and California Constitutions, and tried for Treason and Sedition.

Let's not tippy-toe around the facts, folks. The control-freak globalist neo-feudalists are acting like rats trapped in a corner, and are pulling out all the stops on their march toward global tyranny. It's time to start speaking the TRUTH, and stop worrying about the tender sensibilities of the Sheeple...

Ahahaha. Good grief, that's just hilarious.

Yes, OC in Cali now is banned. I for one am glad. It was past time for that nonsense to stop. Way too many attention whores. Now we can get on with the real problem: making the state shall issue.

mohawk001

Mohawk,

Visited your last 10 posts; you have one theme....confrontation. All from the safety of your basement. I disregard your post and encourage everyone else to do the same.

And Canuck.....Again with the "Troll". Tell you what, JC....I'll message you my work phone number, you can confirm my department and call it....I'll pick up the phone and we can chat.....IF, you will then do the honorable act of removing yourself from this forum for not possessing the courage to accept intelligent and professional people with differing opinions. You interested in that deal? Advise on this thread so all can see.

So your feelings were hurt I can see. Too bad. Again, you're a hypocrite and I'm willing to bet a liar. As for basement, I'm on a military installation at the moment. I've done more than you ever can dream of when it comes to defending the people of this country. After all, when children like you make up stories and insult others in the way you do, it is usually a result of suppressed emotions trying to found an outlet. Maybe get some help. There are professionals out there who want to help you if you'll only go see them. As for disregarding my post, go ahead. You won't hurt my feelings. However, you have done everything you accuse me of. So again, hypocrite. Get a life and a job.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Respect -- Arizona honors all out of state CCW permits, to include California. Arizona permits OC/CC constitution carry of firearms by anyone of legal age while visiting Arizona, regardless of home state. In short, Arizona trusts all gun owners.

California -- does not honor any out of state permits. In many counties refused to issue CCW permits to local citizens. OC is your state will soon be illegal.

California, trusts no one to carry a gun. Not even their citizens and over reacts with full SWAT gear when a MWAG call is sounded.

Crime Rates between Sacramento, California and Tucson, Arizona:
Violent Crime 8 7
Property Crime 7 7

Both violent and property are 4 for the United States overall. Doesn't make much sense, then, as to why California foolishly reacts with such terror:

California: OMG! Man with a gun! Eeek!

Airzona: Howdy, pardner.

1245A Defender

well...

I strongly support concealed weapon permits and am disappointed in the difficulties in acquiring them. Concealed weapon wearing civilians would ACTUALLY be effective in response, should they choose, to a critical violent event....Unlike OCers, who would simply be targeted first or have their unloaded weapon taken from them. That's why OCers "exercise their rights" at a Palo Alto coffee house and not an Oakland or Compton Popeyes...

Why would I review, or give a crap, about MWG calls in Arizona??? Did you not read my post about different environments. I only know California; I'm only responsible for LE supervision in California.

And Doc, I was on duty on 10/6 and an active participant in the manhunt. I know in your little gun-world, you imagine a different outcome if every one in that meeting was strapped...and maybe that particular meeting might not have gone down the way it did....But if you are trying to make me believe that society would be safer if everyone had a gun on their hip, in this day and age of nuetral morality, lack of discipline and no accountability for actions.....I'm going to disagree with you with every fiber of my being.....And unless you've done what I've done and seen what I've seen over these last nearly 3 decades, your opinion is not going to carry to much weight with me.....respectfully.

And over the last 3 years, I've gotten on your forum about 6 times. Each time, when an opinion differing from the site norm is given, the "Troll" title is tossed out. What the hell do you people call this a forum for??? I'm trying to give some insight into a perspective few of you share. If you don't welcome that, you might as well all sit around rubbing each other and call that a forum too.....

What does this even mean??
this guy with four posts, in this thread, today?
he has been a member for two years!
he is 27 but had 3 decades of seeing things, that we dont.
and he respectfully disses us for our desire to open carry our means to defend ourselves.

Last edited:

rodbender

Here, if you show you have a gun....if you pretend you have a gun.....if you imply or even mention that you have a gun....you are going to get rained on with cops and the confrontation WILL TAKE PLACE!

There is a lawsuit in Illinois about carrying, because the folks there can't carry at all. What are you, pray tell, going to do if SCOTUS says we have a right to carry?

We've been handling armed subject calls every week since the emergence of gang violence in the late 80's. Our officers have gone home every time (from this type of call) and only the bad guys have taken losses (arrest/injury/death).

In these many encounters, how many gang members have you seen open carry in a holster?

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Just curious. What would California and Brown do if, say, several thousand openly armed individuals marched on the capital in Sacramento, demanding their rights back? Hard to arrest several thousand folks and very hard to ignore them. Now if they were radical lefties marching for the downfall of capitalism I would bet Brown and the rest of his ilk, and California supporters, would applaud them. But with RKBA supporters, it's a whole different picture. Kinda makes you wonder what lives in California (not that I would find that hard to imagine).

I feel sorry for the good people of that state who have to put up with the crazies who seem to always get their way. And with police believing as our friend here on this thread seems to feel about people who OC, is there any wonder why California is not a desirable place to live and raise a family?

I had the pleasure of having lunch with a former Californian, who was also a former LEO in that state, and he related to us at the table how out of touch things were in that state when it came to citizens being armed in public. He was S-O-O-O-O happy to be in Virginia where normalcy tends to be the rule in such matters. Hard to take California seriously when they produce such political figures like Jerry Brown, Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Henry Waxman.

rpyne

Unlike OCers, who would simply be targeted first or have their unloaded weapon taken from them.

This claim is pure unadulterated bull crap. I know it, every freedom loving member of this forum knows it, and unless you've had your head buried in the sand most of your life, you know it. There is absolutely NO backing for such a claim. Making such a claim only taints your credibility and the credibility of your officers.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
This is rich.......

I've got to tell all of you; personally speaking, I'm happy about this new law. For complete disclosure, I'm a 27 year police Lieutenant here in California. I had the distinct displeasure in having to deal with three OC situations within my city. Each one called for my officers to conduct a tactical contact under difficult circumstances (remember, these simply come out as;"man with a gun" calls) and deal with OCers who were seemingly enjoying the stir their conduct generated. Now, I can't speak for other states and their social environments which might be conducive to open carry....but, here in California, this isn't the wild west anymore. Here, if you show you have a gun....if you pretend you have a gun.....if you imply or even mention that you have a gun....you are going to get rained on with cops and the confrontation WILL TAKE PLACE! And because that is the enviroment of this state, very few Californians were tolerant of, or gave a rats ass to, the Open Carry movement.

Like every state in this nation, there is good and bad unique to that state. And so it is with California on this issue, and there wasn't much doubt as to the outcome.

I feel sooooo bad that you had to deal with people that were exercising their rights. I mean, it's so disappointing that you guys already have to deal with the 4th amendment and the 5th amendment. Those two amendments get in the way all the time and now they want to exercise their 2A "rights". Yeah, you should probably just prone everybody out, search them, make them talk and throw them in the slammer.:rolleyes:

How about this instead? You get the call, ask the dispatcher to get more information, go and just observe the person's conduct, find out it's an OCer and then leave them the heck alone. You are not required to do a damn thing nor can you be held liable for inaction. The only ones looking for trouble are you guys.

I strongly support concealed weapon permits and am disappointed in the difficulties in acquiring them. Concealed weapon wearing civilians would ACTUALLY be effective in response, should they choose, to a critical violent event....Unlike OCers, who would simply be targeted first or have their unloaded weapon taken from them.

Oh right, the ole "OCers are targeted first" gem. Why don't you cops conceal your weapons on duty then? And heck, why should you wear those uniforms? I mean, you should be targeted first right? Wouldn't it be prudent to conceal so the bad guys don't see you in a convenience store and decide they should shoot you and rob it?:rolleyes:

Now for the common sense. A cop and an OCer provide nearly the same deterrent effect. We OC because we'd rather not even become a victim of a crime. Is the criminal waiting in an alley waiting for someone to rob going to take the guy that just walked by with the gun, or that jogger who doesn't have one? They're not that stupid.

That's why OCers "exercise their rights" at a Palo Alto coffee house and not an Oakland or Compton Popeyes...

Ah, no, wrong again. OCer's are taking responsibility for their own safety and part of that means they don't go looking for trouble or trying to become vigilantes.

Why would I review, or give a crap, about MWG calls in Arizona??? Did you not read my post about different environments. I only know California; I'm only responsible for LE supervision in California.
Gee, I don't know? To learn something? You know, expand your horizons and such. You seem to be in need.

What? Didn't you just say this?:
...And unless you've done what I've done and seen what I've seen over these last nearly 3 decades, your opinion is not going to carry to much weight with me.....respectfully.

Have you ever thought of the possibility that we hear the same crap over and over again from people with an anti-rights agenda? That we might just be getting sick of it and don't care to have to explain the difference between tyranny and freedom one more time?

Bottom line: It doesn't matter much what you "think" as an officer who has taken an oath to uphold the constitution, it matters that you uphold it. If all those pesky rights seem to keep getting in your way, maybe you shouldn't have taken the job in the first place. The very fact that you'd take time out of your busy schedule to come on an OC specific forum and chastise us says as much.

Please excuse me while I go and join the Subaru Impreza forum and harp on them about how an Mitsubishi EVO is so much better than a WRX STI. Oh wait...........that would be Trolling...........

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Here's something I find interesting. The carrying of a firearm, either openly or concealed, in those states/locales where these rights have not been stolen, does not create RAS and therefore no reason for an LEO to stop and detain a citizen. So how is it that this sort of behavior by our employees (i.e. public servants) is tolerated? Without RAS, where is the reason for someone so carrying to be even approached? I don't get it. Unless it's manufactured by the LEO and his department.

Last edited:

PavePusher

I'm speaking very specifically of OC'ers that intentionally confront law enforcement and record, post their exploits in the name of "exercising their rights". I'm not referring to citizens that open carry as a course of their daily activity. People open carry in Minnesota and citizens by and large don't give it a second thought. We don't go out of our way to "poke the stick in the cage". We just exercise our right. OC'ers that agitate just got a lesson in how effective their tactics are.

Shouldn't abuse of office be confronted and exposed? I don't condone actual set-ups, entrapment or deliberate provocation, but I don't recall any OCers who have done anything but wait to be approached by police. I may have missed something...?

PavePusher

I've got to tell all of you; personally speaking, I'm happy about this new law. For complete disclosure, I'm a 27 year police Lieutenant here in California. I had the distinct displeasure in having to deal with three OC situations within my city. Each one called for my officers to conduct a tactical contact under difficult circumstances (remember, these simply come out as;"man with a gun" calls) and deal with OCers who were seemingly enjoying the stir their conduct generated. Now, I can't speak for other states and their social environments which might be conducive to open carry....but, here in California, this isn't the wild west anymore. Here, if you show you have a gun....if you pretend you have a gun.....if you imply or even mention that you have a gun....you are going to get rained on with cops and the confrontation WILL TAKE PLACE! And because that is the enviroment of this state, very few Californians were tolerant of, or gave a rats ass to, the Open Carry movement.

Like every state in this nation, there is good and bad unique to that state. And so it is with California on this issue, and there wasn't much doubt as to the outcome.

So, you admit to harrasing people engaged in peaceful, legal Civil Obedience? Interesting...

Last edited:

PavePusher

I strongly support concealed weapon permits and am disappointed in the difficulties in acquiring them. Concealed weapon wearing civilians would ACTUALLY be effective in response, should they choose, to a critical violent event....Unlike OCers, who would simply be targeted first or have their unloaded weapon taken from them. That's why OCers "exercise their rights" at a Palo Alto coffee house and not an Oakland or Compton Popeyes...

And Doc, I was on duty on 10/6 and an active participant in the manhunt. I know in your little gun-world, you imagine a different outcome if every one in that meeting was strapped...and maybe that particular meeting might not have gone down the way it did....But if you are trying to make me believe that society would be safer if everyone had a gun on their hip, in this day and age of nuetral morality, lack of discipline and no accountability for actions.....I'm going to disagree with you with every fiber of my being.....And unless you've done what I've done and seen what I've seen over these last nearly 3 decades, your opinion is not going to carry to much weight with me.....respectfully.

No-one has made any recommendation to arm "everyone". And sorry, but the Constitution trumps what any of us have seen or experienced. It applies to Californians, Arizonans and folks in the northern-most reaches of Maine equally.

PavePusher

JRF: You and I are very close in opinion, no doubt. Thanks for posting.

GW: I'm not going to keep trading with you. Your opinions appear to be much more emotional based than knowledge based. And, you're disrespectful. Speaking of respect, I'm not going to disrespect my fine brothers and sisters in Arizona law enforcement. That said, I would imagine they would disproportionately agree with these two positions: 1) California law enforcement officers, ON THE WHOLE, are better trained and are tactically sound with the latest in dynamic response to critical events. There is, of course, no shortage in tactically skilled officers in AZ. 2) THE SOCIETAL ATMOSPHERE REGARDING GUNS, THE USE OF GUNS, THE WEARING OF GUNS ETC. IS EXTREMELY DIFFERENT IN AZ. COMPARED TO CA. (emphasis to bring clarity....). It is for that reason that reviewing AZ. response for this particular issue carries little to no benefit for CA. tactical officers. It is apples and oranges. Comprende'?
So, has it occurred to me that my department is doing it wrong? No. We've been handling armed subject calls every week since the emergence of gang violence in the late 80's. Our officers have gone home every time (from this type of call) and only the bad guys have taken losses (arrest/injury/death). Though the good tactician is always open to change, I'm thinking we've been doing pretty good...

With all respect, "THE SOCIETAL ATMOSPHERE REGARDING GUNS, THE USE OF GUNS, THE WEARING OF GUNS ETC...." is meaningless when the activity takes place in a peaceful, legal manner. No-one is allowed to harrass anyone for following the law, no matter what the unwritten social climate is. That's not how Law works.

rushcreek2

This UOC ban brings California into further direct conflict with Heller/McDonald.

If I just had to reside in California, I would establish legal residency in a county like San Berdoo.
(San Bernardino), obtain a CCW, and then exercise my travel rights throughout the rest of the PRK.

Sanctimonious dissertations by priviledged badge-bearers in CA doesn't cut it. California law enforcement's watch over one of the most crime-ridden states in the union merits no award.

Haven't revisited my "home" state since 1978 - Californians who voted for Jerry Brown deserve the honor of residing in the most liberty-free-zone in the U.S.A.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I strongly support concealed weapon permits...

Too bad those who (rarely) issue them in the State of California do so at one-tenth the rate as are issued throughout the United States as a whole.

...and am disappointed in the difficulties in acquiring them. Concealed weapon wearing civilians would ACTUALLY be effective in response, should they choose, to a critical violent event....

Then why do most law enforcement officers open carry?

Unlike OCers, who would simply be targeted first or have their unloaded weapon taken from them.

Then why do nearly all street cops OC?

Why would I review, or give a crap, about MWG calls in Arizona?

Because they're approaching the issues at most levels appropriately, while California is not.

Did you not read my post about different environments. I only know California

If you only know California, how in the world can you claim the Arizona is a different environment? The rates of violent and property crime are very similar. Both AZ and CA have gangs.

I'm only responsible for LE supervision in California.

As a supervisor, you should be better informed. Throughout my 20 years of service on active duty military, we did not "know only" U.S. military tactics. We studied the tactics of other militaries, both friend and foe, as well as what to expect among the general populace. To do anything less would have been foolish.

And unless you've done what I've done and seen what I've seen over these last nearly 3 decades, your opinion is not going to carry to much weight with me...

I find that rather pompous. I could cite 5 decades, similar to what you're doing, but on a more global scale. However, I don't count my childhood and teen years, so it's just three decades of adulthood. :)

And over the last 3 years, I've gotten on your forum about 6 times. Each time, when an opinion differing from the site norm is given, the "Troll" title is tossed out.

As a long-term (26 years) forum administrator, I've seen the term "troll" brought out in response to most posts which go against the general grain of the forums, particularly if it's from a person with a low post count. It's not good form, and is fallacious argument, but people do it anyway. To correct the perception, however, you might stick around for a while, do some interaction, and get to know us as human beings. It's not a sure-fire solution, as there are folks here with high post counts who nevertheless get the "troll" label tossed at them when they disagree with the general mindset of the forum. I've been slapped with the "troll" label both here as well as on officer.com, even though I have never fit the technical definition of a troll.

What the hell do you people call this a forum for???

We call it a forum for the rational, intelligent, and dispassionate discussion of open carry.

I'm trying to give some insight into a perspective few of you share.

And we're trying to give you some insight into a perspective some law enforcement types don't share.

If you don't welcome that...

Are you welcoming our insight? Our perspectives? Our experiences? I've been carrying firearms for 23 years, both on and off duty, OC and CC, and have been shooting since I was nine (hence my username). That's 39 years of experience with firearms, and twenty years of safe and effective employment of various military weapons systems, including nuclear weapons.

Would you say my insight, perspective, and experience are worth your attention?

I'm not going to disrespect my fine brothers and sisters in Arizona law enforcement. That said, I would imagine they would disproportionately agree with these two positions: 1) California law enforcement officers, ON THE WHOLE, are better trained and are tactically sound with the latest in dynamic response to critical events.

I agree you're well-trained to tackled hoards of bad guys. How well are you trained with respect to handling good guys? i.e. law-abiding citizens who're lawfully-carrying a legal firearm? What what I've been able to discern, not so good. Yes, under California law, you have the authority to conduct a UA stop. That law, however, is quite un-Constitutional, a point which U.S. District Court Judge Black made perfectly clear in his ruling which forbade the practice when it was attempted in New Mexico (St. John vs Alamogordo)* Sadly, the case was decided there, instead of the district court over California. Nevertheless, his judgement* is clear, and will take some serious judicial squirming for any other district court or higher judge to wrangle out of it.

2) THE SOCIETAL ATMOSPHERE REGARDING GUNS, THE USE OF GUNS, THE WEARING OF GUNS ETC. IS EXTREMELY DIFFERENT IN AZ. COMPARED TO CA. (emphasis to bring clarity....). It is for that reason that reviewing AZ. response for this particular issue carries little to no benefit for CA. tactical officers. It is apples and oranges. Comprende'?

All too well. You however, are failing to consider the underlying problem: Pandering. Officers in Arizona (or Colorado, for that matter) don't pander to mentally unstable hoplophobes who errantly believe that a law-abiding citizens carrying a properly-holstered firearm is cause for alarm. Judge Black didn't pander to the irrational fear of the officers in New Mexico, either.

So, has it occurred to me that my department is doing it wrong? No. We've been handling armed subject calls every week since the emergence of gang violence in the late 80's. Our officers have gone home every time (from this type of call) and only the bad guys have taken losses (arrest/injury/death). Though the good tactician is always open to change, I'm thinking we've been doing pretty good...

You're good at finding criminals by searching through the haystacks of honest, law-abiding citizens. Unfortunately, California has a poor record when it comes to respecting the Constitutional rights of those honest, law-abiding citizens. If I'm not mistaken, you took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, did you not? If you do not believe UA checks trample on the Constitution, you don't know your Constitution as well as you think you do. If you believe the recent legislation banning OC in California is a good thing, you don't know your Constitution at all, and you're ignorant of FBI crime statistics with respect to both OC and CC among law-abiding citizens.

How can you honestly go to work day after day, as an enemy of our Constitution, after having taken an oath to support and defend it? If you're not an enemy of our Constitution, then start supporting it and defending it. Stop the UA checks. Stop the OC ban.

The ends do not justify the means, Mr. Supervisor. I've talked with a handful of our officers here in Colorado, city police, county sheriffs, and state troopers. They're not perfect. Who is? But they know, understand, and respect the Constitutions of our nation and of our state. In so doing, they respect The People.

Having lived in California for more than two years, with my best friend of 21 years having been a sworn law enforcement officer in that state for more than a decade, I cannot honestly say the majority of law enforcement officials in California understand, much less respect, our Constitution. The "senior law enforcement officials" referred to in the news certainly don't. Governor Brown certainly doesn't. By supporting the OC ban, all of them have countered the Constitution and have thus violated their oaths of office.

That's despicable behavior for any American, Sir!

*If, during the course of a valid investigatory detention, an officer has an articulable and
reasonable suspicion that a suspect is armed and dangerous, the officer may conduct a limited
protective search. U.S. v. Davis, 94 F.3d 1465, 1468 (10th Cir. 1996). Such a search must be
"reasonably related in scope to the circumstances which justified the interference in the first
place," Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1, 20 (1968), and should be limited to ensuring that the suspect is
unarmed. King, 990 F.2d at 1558 (citing Sibron v. New York, 392 U.S. 40 (1968)).

As discussed above, Defendants' detention of Mr. St. John was not a "valid investigatory
detention." Defendants had no reason to suspect that Mr. St. John was involved in, or was about
to become involved in, any criminal activity. Nor did they have any reason to believe that Mr. St.
John posed a safety threat. Accordingly, Defendants' search of Mr. St. John was invalid.
Case 6:08-cv-00994-BB-LAM Document 48 Filed 09/08/2009 Page 10 of 16

Additionally, Defendants lacked any reasonable suspicion for believing that Mr. St. John
was armed and dangerous, as required by Tenth Circuit jurisprudence. See Davis, 94 F.3d at
1468. Defendants ask the Court to ignore the conjunctive phrasing of the rule and find, in
essence, that anyone who is armed is, by virtue of that fact, dangerous. In light of the extensive,
controlling and compelling jurisprudence to the contrary, the Court declines to do so

In sum, Defendants had no reason for seizing Mr. St. John other than the fact that he was
lawfully carrying a weapon in a public place. Because New Mexico law allows individuals to
openly carry weapons in public—and Mr. St. John had done nothing to arouse suspicion, create
tumult or endanger anyone's well-being—there were no articulable facts to indicate either
criminal activity or a threat to safety. Accordingly, Defendants' seizure of Mr. St. John violated
his Fourth Amendment rights.

Judge Black, St. John vs Alamagordo, Case 6:08-cv-00994-BB-LAM Document 48 Filed 09/08/2009

Constitutionally, "MWAG" status is NOT sufficient to stop an individual, and it's high time the state of California un-screw it's head from its nether regions and smell some fresh air. While they're at it, they should wonder why the two most anti-gun locations in our country, Chicago and Washington D.C., got WORSE with respect to crime when gun laws were piled on higher and deeper, yet got better with respect to crime after SCOTUS ruled on McDonald and Heller.

I wonder how soon and how fast crime rates in California will increase? If there's a silver lining, perhaps some of the gangs who've moved out of California will move back now that they've managed to (temporarily) disarm your general populace.

Good luck with that! It didn't work at Virginia Tech, either.

Sincerely,

Since 9, retired US Military, and a graduate of Virginia Tech.

Last edited:

Japle

Posted by buggybear:
THE SOCIETAL ATMOSPHERE REGARDING GUNS, THE USE OF GUNS, THE WEARING OF GUNS ETC. IS EXTREMELY DIFFERENT IN AZ. COMPARED TO CA.

Societal atmosphere? What about the Constitution? Do you operate under a different Constitution from AZ? Is the Second Amendment worded differently in CA?

Possibly LEOs in CA aren't sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. That wouldn't suprise me at all.