Thread: positive OC experience

positive OC experience

I will start by saying I carry every day, every where I legaly can and today was no exception. Started out with going to work with my buddy, we do HVAC work in some not so good areas of the city, Flint, he is aware of it and is OK with it. He has his CPL too but doesn't carry every day. I know, I'm working on that with him to get him to carry every day too. anywho, we had a short day so I went to Discount Tire on Court St. east of center to get my tires rotated and it was fairly busy but I walked in and stood in line, got a few glances, a couple people who were waiting went outside, not sure if it was because of me or not. I got up to the counter and conducted my business, nothing was said at that time but another service guy came in shortly after and walked past me and said " your the first open carrier I have ever seen in here in 8 years I been here. I said "I hope thats a good thing" and he responded "no problem". A man about 70 was with him (another customer) and he asked me.......... get this........ " is that real?" I responded "You betcha, it wouldn't be any good if it wasn't" all in a good natured tone. while waiting I chatted with a few people and no one paid any attention to my pistol. When my truck was done the young man who did it came and got me and then asked me "what you carry?" Told him a 9mm taurus mil pro. he told me he had a glock 23 but was only 19 so couldn't get his CPL yet but he knew he could open carry. Also told me he has been to this web site too and learned alot form it. Told him great and then left. Good contact all around I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    I will start by saying I carry every day, every where I legaly can and today was no exception. Started out with going to work with my buddy, we do HVAC work in some not so good areas of the city, Flint, he is aware of it and is OK with it. He has his CPL too but doesn't carry every day. I know, I'm working on that with him to get him to carry every day too. anywho, we had a short day so I went to Discount Tire on Court St. east of center to get my tires rotated and it was fairly busy but I walked in and stood in line, got a few glances, a couple people who were waiting went outside, not sure if it was because of me or not. I got up to the counter and conducted my business, nothing was said at that time but another service guy came in shortly after and walked past me and said " your the first open carrier I have ever seen in here in 8 years I been here. I said "I hope thats a good thing" and he responded "no problem". A man about 70 was with him (another customer) and he asked me.......... get this........ " is that real?" I responded "You betcha, it wouldn't be any good if it wasn't" all in a good natured tone. while waiting I chatted with a few people and no one paid any attention to my pistol. When my truck was done the young man who did it came and got me and then asked me "what you carry?" Told him a 9mm taurus mil pro. he told me he had a glock 23 but was only 19 so couldn't get his CPL yet but he knew he could open carry. Also told me he has been to this web site too and learned alot form it. Told him great and then left. Good contact all around I think.
    Great but this would probably be best fit for the list your experience thread.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    Is it real. LMAO, Ive gotten that one a few times. Never fails me for a source of amusement.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i generally get more questions about what i'm carrying than why
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Around here I get more whys than whats. Man I wish I was back home....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post

When my truck was done the young man who did it came and got me and then asked me "what you carry?"

Told him a 9mm taurus mil pro.

Good contact all around I think.
    Thanks for sharing your positive OC experience, Ken.

I do not open carry, but more and more I am encouraged to do so when I read of accounts like yours.

I have a MilPro PT111 9mm too, and it is one dandy little pistol!
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 10-17-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired