• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MACHETES, shanks, knives, hammers and screwdrivers are regularly taken into hospitals

Haz.

Hows this for a distorted view on self defence Down Under. Dont arm hospital security guards because armed security guards may upset the armed criminals in hospital and this would only inflame tensions and increase the likelihood of violence.
Haz.

Concern over weapons in hospitals
by: Jessica Craven From: Herald Sun October 11, 2011 12:00AM.

MACHETES, shanks, knives, hammers and screwdrivers are regularly taken into hospital emergency departments.

But the security industry has rejected the idea of armed guards, arguing they would only inflame tension and increase the likelihood of violence.

A parliamentary inquiry into security at the state's hospitals also heard security staff at The Alfred hospital physically restrain four patients a day on average, with a third of them requiring shackles.

Spotless project manager Jennifer Nicholson, who runs security at The Alfred, said the increase in violence and aggression was in line with an increase in patients.

Read More:

<http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/concern-over-weapons-in-hospitals/story-fn7x8me2-1226163356869>

since9

Campaign Veteran
Even with an anchoring document like our Constitution and its Bill of Rights, Haz, half of all Americans have been similarly brainwashed. I'm beginning to think the only reason we're one of the last countries on Earth embracing the right to keep and bear arms is because we were one of the first, and we codified it in the cornerstone, founding document of our Constitution.

The only solution I see is that the teaching of our Constitution (or similar Constitutions) and their underlying principles must not only continue, but must proliferate. The greatest nation on Earth (sorry, Haz) grew out of our Constitution. Our nation has continually gone downhill as the result of a diversion of focus from our Constitution. The solution to not only our own nation's problems, but those of many others, isn't an adherence to our Constitution, but to the principles upon which our nation was founded.

Over the years, I've discovered something which seems to be fairly ubiquitous throughout the years: When nations originating from a revolution hold true to the principles upon which they were founded, they do great! When they don't, when the try to, especially in times of plenty, re-invent the wheel, they fail.

Point Learned: Most of the ideas learned during times of feast are fluff. Those learned in times of famine are usually what one needs in order to get one's butt out of hot water. Most of the principles supporting the free world today aren't those built on emergency responsive government.