• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Ban Working Down Under?

Haz.

Politicians take note, gun bans do not work. Criminals Down Under continually brag about how easy it is to obtain firearms despite bans, amnesties, and further tightening of the toughest gun laws in the western world.

A HARDENED Gold Coast criminal has told The Courier-Mail he could obtain a "very nice" handgun for about $2000 in two hours "through bikie connections".

The man, who has a criminal history involving outlaw motorcycle clubs, said the weapon would be "top of the range, like a Glock 9mm" and was likely to have come from a cache of guns stolen during a break-in and then stored for later use or sale. "It could be easily procured for a job," he said.

A spate of shootings on the Gold Coast, including the killing of police officer Damian Leeding during an armed hold-up, has turned the spotlight on the availability of illegal guns and last month prompted the Crime and Misconduct Commission to add firearms to its priority list.

Read more:

<http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gold-coast-criminal-tells-how-guns-be-bought-in-under-two-hours-thanks-to-bikie-connections/story-e6freoof-1226163419307>

Daylen

From all the evidence you have offered up Haz I think it is conclusive that the gun ban is working beautifully and perfectly. I can't find much of any evidence of the ban not doing its job. In fact I fear it will have a completely successful conclusion. If it does Haz you're welcome to immigrate to The South, we like guns, self defense and freedom here, for the most part.

Haz.

Someone said on a board Down Under this evening that criminals never handed in one gun during the gun ban. I had to agree, they sure never handed in one, not one! Thing is, they are now running the country!

Cheers, Haz.

rodbender

Someone said on a board Down Under this evening that criminals never handed in one gun during the gun ban. I had to agree, they sure never handed in one, not one! Thing is, they are now running the country!

Cheers, Haz.

The thing about this comment is; There are people in this Republic that would not hand them in as well, making them then part of a criminal element while they were not before.

Daylen

Cheers, Haz.

Wasn't that the intent?

since9

Campaign Veteran

Perhaps those who implemented the ban were the front-runners of a criminal effort to gain control of a country? Legitimate governments have no need to ban firearms, as they rule with the consent of the people. Illegitimate governments desperately need to control their citizenship, starting with their most effect means of telling their government they're out to lunch.

I sincerely hope I'm not recalled to active duty to quell any unlawful uprising down under. If I am, I assure you I'll do everything in my power to ensure any and all such actions adhere to both the spirit and intent of our own Constitution.

I'd like to say "if things get any more stupid, I'd like to..." but things down under have long since passed the point of stupid.

Where do we sign up, Haz? Austrailia defended America's freedoms sixty years ago. It's the least we can do in return.

Haz.

Perhaps those who implemented the ban were the front-runners of a criminal effort to gain control of a country? Legitimate governments have no need to ban firearms, as they rule with the consent of the people. Illegitimate governments desperately need to control their citizenship, starting with their most effect means of telling their government they're out to lunch.

I sincerely hope I'm not recalled to active duty to quell any unlawful uprising down under. If I am, I assure you I'll do everything in my power to ensure any and all such actions adhere to both the spirit and intent of our own Constitution.

I'd like to say "if things get any more stupid, I'd like to..." but things down under have long since passed the point of stupid.

Where do we sign up, Haz? Austrailia defended America's freedoms sixty years ago. It's the least we can do in return.

You cannot enter the country with firearms mate. It has definately passed the point of stupid here. The majority of people now are whining, "WE SHOULD BE UP IN ARMS OVER THIS" on talk back radio every day now about the coal seam gas industry. Drillers are boldly entering private property without the owners permission and with the complete backing of the government. Land owners are at a loss not knowing what to do? They are now unarmed and vulnerable.

"I constantly call up and write in asking, What arms should we be up in"? The only arm's we now have are the two attached to the sides of our bodies?

Lets all go down to Canberra and raise up our two arms in protest, whilst swaying to and fro waving whats left of our meager rights goodbuy. Cheers, Haz.

Last edited: