Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bardstown Has wasted Enough of My Time

Activist Member
    Congratulations! I believe these victories are not as minor as some think, because when we win with one local government it makes others realize they are indeed breaking the law and that the situation is serious. When I first got involved with government and began keeping up with the daily operations that are involved, I could not believe what our elected (and non elected) public servants were capable of. This issue is one of those ridiculous violations that use to amaze me, but now after getting involved and realizing how our modern day government works, I no longer find it ludicris that our government is capable of such blatant violations of law. If it was not for men and women such as our friend gutshot and many others that stand up to these oppressive tyrants, just imagine what kind of America we would now be living in. They say knowledge is pain and I couldn't agree more. It is easy to turn on the television and listen to the mainstream news networks babble about their nonsense, but it is another thing to actually get involved and research the atrocities that are happening at an alarming pace within all governments in the great United States, from the small locales to the over-grown, un-constitutional federal government we have today. If it wasn't for people who bring these issues to light, and fight with everything they have to abolish the work of tyrants, we would have lost our freedoms many years ago. We are going to need more people willing to stand and fight these gross violations of our rights and liberties more than ever in the near future, and I believe we have a chance to salvage our wonderful country when I see people actually taking the chance and causing change. Situations such as these truly inspire me, and I am thankful for everyone that stands and fights for not only their rights, but the rights of everyone.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    [SIZE=4]I've spent a year and a half trying to get the City of Bardstown to obey the law, but they refuse to comply. They will no longer take my phone calls and refuse to answer my emails.
    Won't take phone calls or emails? I've had some officials behave that way to me...my solution: visit them at their home!
    After that, they'll take your calls, believe me.

Its outrageous that gov't officials would refuse a communication from someone they serve...I don't care if they don't support the viewpoint or not ... if they don't want to deal with the public, get a new job.

To Whomever it may Concern:

Governor Beshear of Kentucky has Signed into Law a Piece of Legislation that further Prempts Local Gun Control Ordinances.

This Legislation is Kentucky House Bill 500, of The 2012 Kentucky Legislative Session.

In Addition to The Current Kentucky Revised Statute 65.870 Language, House Bill 500 Refines Kentucky Law to Include a Provision that Allows a Person to Bring Action before a Court to Compel Compliance with The Provisions of Subsection (1) of KRS 65.870, and Allows that Person to Recover Damages and Expert Witness Fees as The Courts Finds Appropiate.

House Bill 500 takes Effect on July. 11, 2012.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 06-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Maybe Issace can use this victory to help fight his battle. And great work on Gutshots behalf. It may have taken two long years, but because of his hard work victory day is finally here..
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    To Whomever it may Concern:

Governor Beshear of Kentucky has Signed into Law a Piece of Legislation that further Prempts Local Gun Control Ordinances.

This Legislation is Kentucky House Bill 500, of The 2012 Kentucky Legislative Session.

In Addition to The Current Kentucky Revised Statute 65.870 Language, House Bill 500 Refines Kentucky Law to Include a Provision that Allows a Person to Bring Action before a Court to Compel Compliance with The Provisions of Subsection (1) of KRS 65.870, and Allows that Person to Recover Damages and Expert Witness Fees as The Courts Finds Appropiate.

House Bill 500 takes Effect on July. 11, 2012.

aadvark
    You forgot to add the most important part: the newly amended law strips local officials found to be in violation of state preemption of their immunities granted by the constitution and allows charges of Official Misconduct! The first time this law is used and someone is charged with OM, I look for unlawful ordinances to be removed quickly.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Won't take phone calls or emails? I've had some officials behave that way to me...my solution: visit them at their home!
    After that, they'll take your calls, believe me.

Its outrageous that gov't officials would refuse a communication from someone they serve...I don't care if they don't support the viewpoint or not ... if they don't want to deal with the public, get a new job.
    That's a great idea! Unfortunately, its about 200 miles from where I live.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

This is OT, but I couldn't resist sharing this. Since my last visit to Bardstown, the city has been found in violation of the Open Records act by the Office of the Ky. Attorney General and now found to be in violation of the Open Meetings law, for conducting city business in closed session. The Mayor failed to inform the City Council members that the Attorney General had made this determination. They were completely in the dark about it. The Mayor is not into sharing information, even with his partners in crime. I guess he thought nobody would find out about it. Is it any surprise that city officials that violate one state law would violate others?

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

Activist Member
    Absolutely not, and I would guess once Lawrence County starts getting investigated by Isaac we will find more violations than just ordinance violations. Sadly it does not amaze me, because I am so used to hearing about corrupt politicians that it no longer phases me, and that is sad. We no longer have a government that is truly by the people and for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Absolutely not, and I would guess once Lawrence County starts getting investigated by Isaac we will find more violations than just ordinance violations. Sadly it does not amaze me, because I am so used to hearing about corrupt politicians that it no longer phases me, and that is sad. We no longer have a government that is truly by the people and for the people.
    We all take for granted that our elected officials operate our government in a lawful manner. They have legal council to advise them and keep them in compliance with the law. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. Way too often they attempt to find a way around the law and their legal advisors help in that attempt. As time goes by and these minor violations succeed, they get more confident and begin more and more serious violations. Eventually they are breaking laws all over the place and think that is the way it should be, because they have gotten away with it for so long. We should all start attending more meetings and watching what these people are doing. As we can see, its not just about guns. These people are serious threats to our liberty.

William Pitt

Samuel Adams

I am attending a meeting tomorrow at lawrence county (solid waste board) to bring up how a member of the board has been in violation of an ordinance for 16 years. Lawrence county has an ordinance that every house that the property line lies within 250 feet of the sewer must be hooked on, at their expense. She didn't want to pay for a lift station, so she was allowed to keep her septic system.

Lawrence county has broken the open records act also, a week ago we couldn't get minutes from a fiscal court meeting of two months prior and couldn't get the solid wast board minutes from three months. The judge executive had the nerve to tell my cousin that he had three months, while reading the KRS.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Activist Member
    Allowing someone to do that and not allow others would be an ethical violation. I believe you can request an AGO since the issue at hand is concerning open meetings law. You can just rack up win after win, and show the good people of Lawrence County how bad they have been duped. The local government has made it rather obvious that they either don't care for the law, or are extremely ignorant of it. Either way, the county deserves to know the truth about the people they are electing, and deserve justice for being victimized. The citizens of your county have placed their trust in the elected public servants and have been let down, and it must stop.

While speaking of government corruption, I don't believe it will be much longer and we will be fighting a much bigger fight than this. Obummer has now said that nobody does anything on their own and that government does it all for us, that congress does not matter, that the UN will decide United States law and policy from here on out, that he will implement the UN Arms Trade Treaty regardless of whether the Senate ratifies the treaty, has signed executive orders stating the government can take anything of ours they want at ANYTIME, that the Federal government can take complete control over all forms of communication, that the ARMY can arrest and detain or kill American citizens on his command, and so on. Don't believe me, look it up for yourself. We now have the MSM admitting they have lied for the globalists, and that our country is now ran by the global elite. We have the Army training to disarm American citizens and implement martial law. We are in scary times people, please research what is going on in this country for yourself! Research all the quotes that have been made by the Rockefellers, Soros, Kissinger, etc., and realize something is wrong! They are now admitting what many have always believed! We have had numerous Presidents warn us about what is happening right now in American history, and we need to research and realize our country is on the verge of collapse!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345