• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waukesha Police Department calls from Oct. 8 and Oct. 9

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
To be honest, this guy sounds like he has a screw a bit loose. Who really thinks a place like Home Depot would have a shooting range?

Not defending him but there used to be a range under Camp Randall stadium in Madistan. You could shoot .22 caliber pistols and rifles there. I went several times back in the late 90's when I lived in that infernal town. I have no idea if the range is still there.

Strange things do happen. I knew a barber with a FFL.

There is a Bar with an FFL that's only 15 minutes away from my house!

Last edited:
M

McX

There is a Bar with an FFL that's only 15 minutes away from my house![/QUOTE]

like Heaven.

Motofixxer

Not defending him but there used to be a range under Camp Randall stadium in Madistan. You could shoot .22 caliber pistols and rifles there. I went several times back in the late 90's when I lived in that infernal town. I have no idea if the range is still there.

Ask and you shall receive...oh wait you didn't ask. Well here is the answer anyway.

"Katie (Leedle) Ripley '02 and Brandon Ripley '03 ask Abe: “Is it true that there is a firing range located under Camp Randall?”

Answer: It is true that a firing range existed below the grand infrastructure of Camp Randall Stadium from 1917 to 2004. It was used extensively by the Army, Air Force and Navy ROTC programs for training and serious competition. It was demolished in 2004 as part of the Phase I renovation of Camp Randall.

The university considered building a new range in a different location, but the idea has been abandoned for now, due to costs and regulations.

Built in 1917, Camp Randall is the fourth-oldest, college-owned football complex in the nation. The last major renovation took place 39 years ago, when an upper deck was added in 1966."

MKEgal

Off-topic, but gotta love small-town police blotters...:

A 12-year-old boy reported at 9:42 a.m. Saturday that his 9-year-old brother was hitting other girls in the apartment complex in the 1000 block of Delafield Street. Police responded and learned the 12-year-old boy called police because he had police called on him Friday and he wanted his brother to know how it felt. The 12-year-old boy was advised about the role of police.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested after it was reported he was uncontrollable and walking around the house swearing

A theft of laundry soap was reported at 3:51 p.m. Saturday

A man reportedly was trying to pick the locks of squad cars’ trunks wile police were responding to another call at 4:26 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Third Street. Police were alerted to the situation by neighbors. Police made contact with the man, who said he was goofing off to see if anyone would call the police. The man was warned about his behavior and his probation agent also was advised about his behavior.

People were advised at 11:20 p.m. Saturday after it was reported that 40 college students were being loud in the 100 block of Cook Street. Police responded, found 10 college students and noted the noise was not excessive.

Police also were called to the area of the 200 and 400 blocks of Mccall Street by Alderman Vance Skinner for reports of large groups of college students going between two homes. Police did not observe any abnormal amounts of college kids walking in the Mccall Street area.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Ask and you shall receive...oh wait you didn't ask. Well here is the answer anyway.[snip]
The answer is appreciated. It's sad that a range existing for so long and being so useful is gone now.

Off-topic, but gotta love small-town police blotters...:

Hehehe.... Out by me it would read more like:

A hwy W man reported that his cattle dog; a blue healer named "Snips", was missing on Saturday. After asking neighbors if they'd seen the dog, the man called the sheriffs department. The Sheriffs department promised to keep an eye out for "Snips". Later the man called back and explained that the dog was found behind his machine shed, and hadn't come when called because it was chewing on a deer leg.
A woman reported Tuesday that her outhouse was stolen from behind her Church road residence. The Sheriffs department suspects it was used in a bonfire for the local schools homecoming game.
A family who recently moved to the area from "da city" called 911 to report a possible break in at their home on Maple Hill road after they heard loud noises in their house. Police came and the offender, who was wearing a mask, was quickly found and subdued. The alleged perpetrator "Scooter" J. Raccoon was released a few miles down the road.