• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best buy OC

bmwguy11

So today I was told by my ex-fiancée's brother who works at best buy in menomonee falls that if he ever sees me "carrying a gun" he will "call the cops". I thought best buy Corp policy was to follow state/local laws?

littlewolf

So today I was told by my ex-fiancée's brother who works at best buy in menomonee falls that if he ever sees me "carrying a gun" he will "call the cops". I thought best buy Corp policy was to follow state/local laws?

I believe Corp Policy and Jerk Employee's are two different animals.

Last edited:

littlewolf

So today I was told by my ex-fiance's brother who works at best buy in Menominee falls that if he ever sees me "carrying a gun" he will "call the cops". I thought best buy Corp policy was to follow state/local laws?

I believe Corp Policy and Jerk Employee's are two different animals.

MKEgal

Did he mean specifically (&/or only) in "his" BB,
or was he speaking in general?

If the former, I'd have a chat w/ his manager. Maybe don't even mention that you used to almost be related, just that this employee [name] threatened to make a false police report if you were shopping at that store while lawfully armed. And be sure to mention that OBTW you know that BB welcomes paying customers no matter what civil rights they peacefully exercise.

I've shopped in that store many times while OCing, with absolutely no problems from anyone.
Maybe your ex-almost-bro-in-law is only speaking about a personal vendetta, not a general dislike of OCers.

Heck, if you want company & a witness while shopping we can work out something.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Maybe your ex-almost-bro-in-law is only speaking about a personal vendetta, not a general dislike of OCers.

That's what I'm thinking. I think He has something against you. Alot of brothers have problems with their sisters ex's. Do what the others said and report him to the manager. Also take a recorder next time you go in there and try to record him threatening a false police report.

Motofixxer

I Oc in BB in Madison every time i go in...never had a look or a comment...

Once when I carried there I passed a big bodybuilder looking dude, a couple of times in the computer department. After the first time I passed him he seemed to lock eyes with me each time I seen him again. Then I was about in the middle of the store and headed towards the door with empty hands. He was standing in the main isle by the cashiers, and he just looked at me with his arms crossed till I exited and couldn't see him anymore. I then assumed he was Loss Prevention or something. Another trip there I conversed with a security guy at the camera inside the door, that I know. Described the guy on my last trip and he stated he didn't know any employees fitting that description. So who was this beefcake menacing looking guy eyeballing me??? I have no idea but he was intimidating...and I was carrying the firearm.

Then there was the time I was standing at the cashier and the short umm healthy african american customer behind me asked me if I was the Po Po, and if it was real. Then the cashier said..."what...oh I didn't even notice you had that" as I'm standing right in front of her.

HandyHamlet

Once when I carried there I passed a big bodybuilder looking dude, a couple of times in the computer department. After the first time I passed him he seemed to lock eyes with me each time I seen him again... So who was this beefcake menacing looking guy eyeballing me??? I have no idea but he was intimidating...and I was carrying the firearm.

Are you sure that wasn't Nik???

:p

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I carry in Best Buy Meno Falls all the time. PM me the name of the "almost ex-brother inlaw" and I can work it from my angle. Several friends are department managers, and I know the store manager as well.

bmwguy11

If the former, I'd have a chat w/ his manager. Maybe don't even mention that you used to almost be related, just that this employee [name] threatened to make a false police report if you were shopping at that store while lawfully armed. And be sure to mention that OBTW you know that BB welcomes paying customers no matter what civil rights they peacefully exercise.

I've shopped in that store many times while OCing, with absolutely no problems from anyone.

Heck, if you want company & a witness while shopping we can work out something.

It was in "his" BB. It happened outside of his work, in a chance encounter someplace else. I think I found a shopping buddy to take a trip down there. I need to add some blurays to my collection anyways.

Badger Johnson

If the former, I'd have a chat w/ his manager. Maybe don't even mention that you used to almost be related, just that this employee [name] threatened to make a false police report if you were shopping at that store while lawfully armed.

We Have A Winner!

What do vindictive employees hate the most? The 'Light of Day'. They don't know it and don't expect anyone to reveal their hateful (usually empty) threats, since they're what?

Class? Bueller? Anyone?

They're Living in a DreamWorld.

Question is how do you cope with denial on the part of the threatening employee. It'd be nice to have a witness to him saying that. See if you can arrange that, why don't you? :)

MKEgal

If you & Tom (TT) go shopping, let us know what the manager says & how things work out (I suspect the manager will follow policy, as shown in the letter, & as usual nothing bad will happen).

Some of us might also email Ms. Cogelow via the email on that letter, to let Corporate know that there's a rogue employee @ this store, & maybe they could reinforce their policy statement / training?

bmwguy11

My encounter with him was not while he was on the clock and was at a gas station in random passing when he saw me OC'ing. Conversation ensued back and forth. I'm 95% certain he works at the falls BB as I know he used to work at that one, so I assume that's still the same one he works at. I am taking a trip there saturday with someone do look for some blurays anyways, but I'll be certain to have my iphone on me in case. I expect nothing to happen, but it will be nice to have a 2nd person along just in case. who knows if he even works that day lol. But it'll be nice to meet another forumgoer here as I have not yet met anyone from OCDO.

would actually be nice to have a OC picnic at west bend regner park or something, especially considering the great positive response we got from the city council and mayor here, and even the police chief seems ok with the fact they didn't ban CCW.

protias

My encounter with him was not while he was on the clock and was at a gas station in random passing when he saw me OC'ing. Conversation ensued back and forth. I'm 95% certain he works at the falls BB as I know he used to work at that one, so I assume that's still the same one he works at. I am taking a trip there saturday with someone do look for some blurays anyways, but I'll be certain to have my iphone on me in case. I expect nothing to happen, but it will be nice to have a 2nd person along just in case. who knows if he even works that day lol. But it'll be nice to meet another forumgoer here as I have not yet met anyone from OCDO.

would actually be nice to have a OC picnic at west bend regner park or something, especially considering the great positive response we got from the city council and mayor here, and even the police chief seems ok with the fact they didn't ban CCW.

You don't have to hide my identity. :p It is always good to meet fellow forum members. :)