• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Electric Weapon Letter for Online Retailers

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Ebay Online Retailer Needs To Update Their Information....

The one that I bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHX-800-6-8...826?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4842c58f3a

He has higher voltage ones on his seller page
http://stores.ebay.com/vipdeals

Incidentally it just came in the mail today. I haven't had the nerve to test it out on myself yet, but it seems to be a well built device. Positive controls, quality switches, seems solid.

This retailer you bought from still has this on their page:

"*IMPORTANT* PLEASE READ:

Stun Guns are legal in most U.S. states for individuals of legal age (18 and up) with the following known restrictions. We do not ship stun guns to the following areas:

The following states consider stun guns illegal: Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Wisconsin

The following cities/counties consider stun guns illegal: Annapolis, MD; Baltimore, MD; Crawford County, IA; District Of Columbia; Philadelphia, PA

No Sales Or Shipments Outside the United States."

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Are you grounded?

Stun Guns are legal in most U.S. states for individuals of legal age (18 and up) with the following known restrictions. We do not ship stun guns to the following areas:

The following states consider stun guns illegal: Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Wisconsin

The following cities/counties consider stun guns illegal: Annapolis, MD; Baltimore, MD; Crawford County, IA; District Of Columbia; Philadelphia, PA

After reading Resdon111's posts, I sent this question to several eBay retailers of stun guns:
As of Nov 1, Act 35 went into effect in Wisconsin, legalizing stun guns in the home for anybody or out in public for concealed carry permit holders which I am. See Act 35 at http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/acts/11Act35.pdf The section covering stun guns(called "electric weapons") reads,

"941.295 (2g) The prohibition in sub. (1m) on pos-
sessing or going armed with an electric weapon does not
apply to any of the following:
(a) A licensee or an out−of−state licensee.
(b) An individual who goes armed with an electric
weapon in his or her own dwelling or place of business
or on land that he or she owns, leases, or legally occupies."

Will you ship to me in Wisconsin now?
And they all answered that they would ship to Wisconsin now. I ordered mine last night but I sure as HELL am not going to try it on myself! :shocker:

Resdon111

The responded to me via PM that they would ship here, and they now have.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Do I smell something?

In case anybody wonders about the stun gun I talked about in posts 22 & 24; I ordered it on the 10th and received it on the 14th. This thing is SCARY powerful! Just the sound of it crackling is enough to make a bad guy soil himself.... :shocker::shocker::shocker:

3520w1s.jpg

Big Dipper

Are you kidding? You could not get me drunk enough to try that.... This thing could set the ozone layer on fire! :eek:

Along those lines, is there any chance you could find the local town "wino", give him/her a big jug of MD 20/20, have him/her sign a "hold harmless" agreement and check the effectiveness that way? :D :banana: