• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Store in Monroe

amlevin

Just out of curiosity will this be a "full service" gun store? Guns for everyone, including hunters? Or will it be just another "Norpoint like" store with a few "tacticool" weapons on display, a dozen or so pistols in a counter, and a response of "I can order it for you" for just about everything else?

I'm waiting for someone to open a store with a good selection of firearms IN STOCK along with a wide selection of cleaning supplies and accessories. Would be nice to see someone provide a good Reloading Section. So far the only stored I've found up North that stock wide selections of firearms, holsters, and reloading supplies are Kesselring's and Adventure Sports.

I'm sure there are some stores farther South that fit the description of "Full Service" but for some reason they don't seem to exist North of the King/Snohomish line.

Just wondering.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Hey guys, my buddy Roberto just opened a new store in Monroe. Epic Firearms. http://www.epicfirearms.com/
He is a very cool and knowledgeable guy and used to be a Manager at Wade's in Bellevue. So stop by if you get a chance.
Tell him Trevor sent you.

This is in the same complex as the bar JR Phinickey's‎ by the looks of it.

I too am curious how much he will keep in stock... Trevor any thought?

jbone

The place Sky Valley Traders was, or is this a different store?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
@jbone, This is a different store.

So I went into Epic Firearms today. I noticed someone from WAGuns stopped by too, cards were on display :).

Location/Hours:
They are located immediately next door to JR Phinickeys Bar and are open Tue-Sat 11AM - 7PM.

Staff:
The staff was polite and interested in helping, one of which was the owner (other may have been co-owner/partner?). Both were males probably in there lower 30's.

Firearms/Stock:
They only had around 15 pistols 1/2 of which were used. The staff member said they are a little behind and are wanting to carry more in stock items, they are receiving new items every day. They did give me quotes on items to order, prices seem comparable. They have several hunting rifles, a couple "assault" :) rifles and a couple defensive shot guns. They have a good selection of knives and some axes. I was hoping they had some tactical flashlights but I did not see any. As far as holsters they carry blackhawk ($43), a leather holster (local?, $20 something) and a fabric holster ($15ish). Gun maintenance and cleaning supplies were rather light, only a couple sets to choose from but they did have oils/lubes and fabric squares. Gun safes and other misc items such as snap caps, targets and carrying cases.

Ammo/Reload Supply:
They have 1 multi-tierd double sided shelving (3' wide) full of ammo. I only looked at 9mm, prices are comparable to others in the area (lower sales tax in Monroe though). Reloaded FMJ ammo was $105 per 500 9mm (about $0.21 a round), new FMJ ammo was $12.99 per 50 9mm (about $0.26). This is not even close to my $0.16 a round I get from another source, but seems to be in line with other local shops. They do NOT have reload supplies and do not plan to.

Overall, its nice to have a nice and local shop I can stop by incase I need something in a hurry or on the way up the mountian.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Just out of curiosity will this be a "full service" gun store? Guns for everyone, including hunters? Or will it be just another "Norpoint like" store with a few "tacticool" weapons on display, a dozen or so pistols in a counter, and a response of "I can order it for you" for just about everything else?

I'm waiting for someone to open a store with a good selection of firearms IN STOCK along with a wide selection of cleaning supplies and accessories. Would be nice to see someone provide a good Reloading Section. So far the only stored I've found up North that stock wide selections of firearms, holsters, and reloading supplies are Kesselring's and Adventure Sports.

I'm sure there are some stores farther South that fit the description of "Full Service" but for some reason they don't seem to exist North of the King/Snohomish line.

Just wondering.

Yeagers in Bellingham good for hunters.

jbone

A gun store right next to a bar. The anti's will just loooove that. :rolleyes:

Another great place is Skagit Arms in Burlington (Holiday Sports). And Skagit Arms is across the street from a McDonalds, that area has double the Anti's; Guns, and the Happy Meal phobia folks.

Metalhead47

Another great place is Skagit Arms in Burlington (Holiday Sports). And Skagit Arms is across the street from a McDonalds, that area has double the Anti's; Guns, and the Happy Meal phobia folks.

Not to mention the PETA types, AND mcd's is a big ebil corporation that provides jobs n pays taxes to support the non producers at westlake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk