Unless different meanings are expressly specified in subsequent provisions of this title, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) BOOBY TRAP. Any concealed or camouflaged device designed to cause bodily injury when triggered by any action of a person making contact with the device. This term includes guns, ammunition, or explosive devices attached to trip wires or other triggering mechanisms, sharpened stakes, nails, spikes, electrical devices, lines or wires with hooks attached, and devices for the production of toxic fumes or gases.
(2) BURDEN OF INJECTING THE ISSUE. The term means that the defendant must offer some competent evidence relating to all matters subject to the burden, except that the defendant may rely upon evidence presented by the prosecution in meeting the burden.
(4) CRIME. A misdemeanor or a felony.
(8) FELONY. An offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in excess of one year is authorized by this title.
(9) MISDEMEANOR. An offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment not in excess of one year may be imposed.
(10) OFFENSE. Conduct for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment, or the death penalty, or to a fine is provided by any law of this state or by any law, local law, or ordinance of a political subdivision of this state.
(16) VIOLATION. An offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment not in excess of 30 days may be imposed.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §130; Acts 1978, No. 770, p. 1110; Act 2001-971, 3rd Sp. Sess., p. 873, §2.)