Thread: Patch.com - California group calls for rifle carry in public

Moderator / Administrator

Patch.com - California group calls for rifle carry in public

http://pacifica.patch.com/articles/b...open-carry-law

SNIP

Over the past two years, Arntzen has helped organize protests at Bay Area restaurants where open carry proponent groups have hosted armed meetings.

Those groups include statewide chapters of Responsible Citizens of California, an organization that advocates the right to open carry.

Yih-Chau Chang, the organization's press secretary, said the group was disappointed with the governor's approval of AB 144, but that "this certainly is not going to stop the open carry of handguns."

He said open carry proponents statewide are already planning to challenge the law in court.

Chang added that many such advocates, including himself, carry exposed, unloaded handguns on a daily basis and will likely choose to openly carry unloaded long guns in lieu of handguns once the law takes effect in January.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He said open carry proponents statewide are already planning to challenge the law in court.
    Is this for real? Where is the money for this going to come from? People should not make statements like this unless they actually mean it, and can pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
    Is this for real? Where is the money for this going to come from? People should not make statements like this unless they actually mean it, and can pay for it.
    I am sure that there are numerous groups planning lawsuits. Pretty much every news article covering the passing of AB144 has noted this fact. They have been raising money since AB144 was first introduced.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I am sure that there are numerous groups planning lawsuits. Pretty much every news article covering the passing of AB144 has noted this fact. They have been raising money since AB144 was first introduced.
    Who? Name one, specifically.

I don't mean to be an ass, and I hope somebody with deep pockets does sue, but I have serious doubts. And the press will just repeat ANYTHING you tell them, true or not, especially if they like the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
    Who? Name one, specifically.

I don't mean to be an ass, and I hope somebody with deep pockets does sue, but I have serious doubts. And the press will just repeat ANYTHING you tell them, true or not, especially if they like the sound of it.
    The NRA has made such a claim.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Question

It says the law doesn't apply to people with a concealed permit. So...IF you have a concealed permit, you CAN open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    It says the law doesn't apply to people with a concealed permit. So...IF you have a concealed permit, you CAN open carry?
    No. The law was changed in 2009, that one must carry in accordance with the type of license that they were issued. While there are licenses to carry "Loaded and Exposed", their issuance is limited to counties of less than 200,000 at the last census and are only valid inside the county where they are issued. (Which to me, is an equal protection problem.)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com