• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Up North...

shadowmun43

I live near traverse city and would like to know if any O.C. members would like to do some plinking or get togethers just seems like most of all the meets go on is Southern Michigan and not up here, anybody up here like to become more active here like down state? thanks Tim

qqq1

Sorry this is a thread crap but I'm bored.

AAAHH! I hate when people call the upper area of lower Michigan "up north". Everything below the bridge is "lower Michigan". I remember stopping at a gas station somewhere below the bridge and they had shirts that said "Up North" and there was a picture of the top of lower Michigan on them. I guess it's because I'm from the UP but to me everything under the bridge is lower Michigan, only the UP is up north.

Anyway, hope you get a group going.

Outdoorsman

AAAHH! I hate when people call the upper area of lower Michigan "up north". Everything below the bridge is "lower Michigan". I remember stopping at a gas station somewhere below the bridge and they had shirts that said "Up North" and there was a picture of the top of lower Michigan on them. I guess it's because I'm from the UP but to me everything under the bridge is lower Michigan, only the UP is up north.

For many, like myself, anything above the Zilwaukee Bridge is considered "up north". :) Although I like your idea of "up north" much better.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Says you. I didn't realize there was an "official" designation. Sorry but the majority of the population lives below Mt. Pleasant so anything north of there is "Up North". The uppers are really super dupper up north yuppers. :lol:

Last edited:

scot623

When most of the population lives closer to Detroit than Saginaw...anything north of Saginaw is Up North...when you cross the bridge you're going to the U.P. Keep in mind the only "Up North" for those in the UP is Canada.

Evil Creamsicle

As one who grew up in Ferndale, but was a frequent visitor [every weekend] to either my parent's place in Mackinaw or my grandparent's place in Gould City, I developed a definition of 'up north' that can be globally identified.

I pretty much go by the rule of 'anything above the 45th parallel' is 'up north'

ETA: The northern 25% of the planet.

Last edited:

shadowmun43

Trash talking someones thread

This is for QQQ1 check your compass,when some gives a location North of you from down state I'm up North of you.Gee I hope when someone post you don't just nit pick thier threads for post number count. I try to get along with everybody but thiers always that one guy! thanks for the support from the other O.C. posters and thats why in Southern Michigan we call it the U.P. anything under that (The Bridge) is headed UP NORTH. I don't want to argue with you I reckon Id'a just let ya know howa southerner's talk......

Last edited: