Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olive Garden - American flag display would disrupt dining. First guns, now flags

Herr Heckler Koch

Olive Garden - American flag display would disrupt dining. First guns, now flags

http://www.cbs12.com/articles/garden...#ixzz1aa6dLDOZ

Quote Originally Posted by AP-WBRC
    The comments come after 80-year-old Marti Warren of Anniston said she wasn't allowed to bring an American flag into an Olive Garden for a planned Kiwanis Club banquet in the east Alabama town of Oxford.
    Search on "darden" - http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/se...earchid=485105 - for old posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jensen View Post
    Olive garden is owned by Darden Restaurants. They do have a no weapon policy.

http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red%20Lobster

Article says "flags or banners of any type"

Their tossing the American flag in the any ole category is despicable. These are today’s commies, sit down have a meal, happy to participate in the capitalist world, but don’t’ dare bring the flag around here where others can see it. Only eat there once myself, so it’s easy to say a second time should never happen. Well, unless we have a meet in my area with everyone wearing the stars and stripes.
    Last edited by jbone; 10-12-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Can't find the thread or link when I want it (anybody?), but Darden Industries is no longer anti-gun according to correspondence exchanged.

Have OC'd every time I have been to an Olive Garden or Red Lobster, numerous times with a group of OCers, and never a problem.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Darden restaurants seem to be hit or miss when it comes to OC. The fact that they won't allow an American flag to be displayed is absolutely ridiculous. This is America, love it or leave it.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Perhaps we don't know the whole story fellas? If you have a restaurant with a very mellow colored theme do you want someone bringing in a big flag with different colors clashing the mood? I don't think this is an anti-US flag deal, I think olive garden just wants to control what's decorated in THEIR restaurant.

before anyone hops my xxxxx I have every bit of respect for the US flag and took a few tongue lashings from many people here for defending the US Flag Code when members who claimed to be patriotic were violating our code for the flag. I've served on a base honor guard gave multiple folded flags to families of deceased veterans.
    ^ Not blowing myself up here, just throwing it out there before someone pulls a SCHLITZ ISN'T PATRIOTIC ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT THE US FLAG PLACED ON EVERY WALL OF EVERY BUILDING PRIVATE OR PUBLIC IS A COMMIE!!!
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Schlitz is such a Commie, I can't believe he doesn't want the American flag to be allowed at Olive Garden, how unpatriotic!!! What is wrong with you Schlitz?!?

Honestly, I only object to their reasoning that an American flag would disrupt other diners. Why not have a case by case determination regarding flags and banners?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-12-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Honestly, I only object to their reasoning that an American flag would disrupt other diners. Why not have a case by case determination regarding flags and banners?
    Or better yet, how about "no flags or banners except those of the country and/or state in which the restaurant is located"?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    Or better yet, how about "no flags or banners except those of the country and/or state in which the restaurant is located"?
    I like that!!

Darden restaurants could provide them/have on hand for special meetings.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yep, that would work too!

I have no source to cite for this except FB...

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant: We've had some questions about whether or not guests can bring the American flag into our restaurants. We are very sorry for any misunderstanding about this issue. We do not have a policy at Olive Garden concerning bringing the American flag into our restaurants. Some members of our team were misinformed about company policy by our corporate office. As a company we take responsibility for that and we regret it. We take pride in how we communicate to our restaurants and we are correcting this so it doesn't happen again. Like all Americans we have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the American flag and everything it symbolizes, and we welcome anyone who wishes to bring the flag into our restaurants. In fact, we periodically provide American flag collar pins to our employees to wear while serving guests.
    Maybe someone can collaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post

I can't collaborate but I am going to call that their CYA response...

Olive Garden has a no weapons policy? well dang I've carried in there a bunch... you'd think they would post a sign or tell someone.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post

Collaborate?

I would never collaborate. I don't want to be a flaved wag.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Collaborate?

I would never collaborate. I don't want to be a flaved wag.

Wow, even I wasn't paying attention. I repeated the error. The word should be corroborate....lol

I would never have eaten there to begin with (around here, their food is all premade, frozen meals that they just microwave), but I am positive to never eat there for any reason.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Anniston, AL is the home of the recently closed by BRAC Army base Fort McClellan.

For them to do this, at that place, is just pure stupidity and ignorance... if not a complete slap in the face of the local economy.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I wrote them a letter, but these fascists wanted all my personal information, including e-mail, address, and phone number, probably so they could call to make sure I was home before they sent their mafioso in for the hit.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

+1. That's what most meeting locations do.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    +1. That's what most meeting locations do.
    We could setup a dinner for a location.... And all wear the most red/white/blue cothing possible even american flag jumpsuits... How would that go over?

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    We could setup a dinner for a location.... And all wear the most red/white/blue cothing possible even american flag jumpsuits... How would that go over?

Sent using tapatalk
    So, would the group be dining NAKED if they were asked to remove the offending Red, White, and Blue?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Not unless you wear your red/white/blue undies too.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Olive Garden doesn't have meeting rooms, so this group wanted to, essentially, hold their meeting, with pledge and all, in the open dining area.

If I was eating there unaffiliated with a group --any group-- who disrupted my meal in that way, I'd be very irritated. Allowing such disruptions is bad business, but then so is ******* off a lot of people due to bad publicity. It's a careful balancing act. When I was a full service restaurant manager, I sometimes had to make that decision, knowing that the customer is not always right. The customer who drives away other customers is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Olive Garden doesn't have meeting rooms, so this group wanted to, essentially, hold their meeting, with pledge and all, in the open dining area.

If I was eating there unaffiliated with a group --any group-- who disrupted my meal in that way, I'd be very irritated. Allowing such disruptions is bad business, but then so is ******* off a lot of people due to bad publicity. It's a careful balancing act. When I was a full service restaurant manager, I sometimes had to make that decision, knowing that the customer is not always right. The customer who drives away other customers is wrong!
    I strongly agree!
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Not a big fan of OG, period. However, I had to visit our local one for a family gathering.....the one here did not have any signage prohibiting firearms.

So do they proscribe carrying weapons or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast