• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olive Garden - American flag display would disrupt dining. First guns, now flags

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.cbs12.com/articles/garden-4735966-flag-olive.html#ixzz1aa6dLDOZ

AP-WBRC said:
The comments come after 80-year-old Marti Warren of Anniston said she wasn't allowed to bring an American flag into an Olive Garden for a planned Kiwanis Club banquet in the east Alabama town of Oxford.

Search on "darden" - http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/search.php?searchid=485105 - for old posts.

Olive garden is owned by Darden Restaurants. They do have a no weapon policy.

http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red Lobster

jbone

Article says "flags or banners of any type"

Their tossing the American flag in the any ole category is despicable. These are today’s commies, sit down have a meal, happy to participate in the capitalist world, but don’t’ dare bring the flag around here where others can see it. Only eat there once myself, so it’s easy to say a second time should never happen. Well, unless we have a meet in my area with everyone wearing the stars and stripes.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can't find the thread or link when I want it (anybody?), but Darden Industries is no longer anti-gun according to correspondence exchanged.

Have OC'd every time I have been to an Olive Garden or Red Lobster, numerous times with a group of OCers, and never a problem.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Darden restaurants seem to be hit or miss when it comes to OC. The fact that they won't allow an American flag to be displayed is absolutely ridiculous. This is America, love it or leave it.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Perhaps we don't know the whole story fellas? If you have a restaurant with a very mellow colored theme do you want someone bringing in a big flag with different colors clashing the mood? I don't think this is an anti-US flag deal, I think olive garden just wants to control what's decorated in THEIR restaurant.

before anyone hops my xxxxx I have every bit of respect for the US flag and took a few tongue lashings from many people here for defending the US Flag Code when members who claimed to be patriotic were violating our code for the flag. I've served on a base honor guard gave multiple folded flags to families of deceased veterans.
^ Not blowing myself up here, just throwing it out there before someone pulls a SCHLITZ ISN'T PATRIOTIC ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT THE US FLAG PLACED ON EVERY WALL OF EVERY BUILDING PRIVATE OR PUBLIC IS A COMMIE!!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Schlitz is such a Commie, I can't believe he doesn't want the American flag to be allowed at Olive Garden, how unpatriotic!!! What is wrong with you Schlitz?!? :D

Honestly, I only object to their reasoning that an American flag would disrupt other diners. Why not have a case by case determination regarding flags and banners?

Last edited:

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
Honestly, I only object to their reasoning that an American flag would disrupt other diners. Why not have a case by case determination regarding flags and banners?

Or better yet, how about "no flags or banners except those of the country and/or state in which the restaurant is located"?

xd shooter

I have no source to cite for this except FB...:(

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant: We've had some questions about whether or not guests can bring the American flag into our restaurants. We are very sorry for any misunderstanding about this issue. We do not have a policy at Olive Garden concerning bringing the American flag into our restaurants. Some members of our team were misinformed about company policy by our corporate office. As a company we take responsibility for that and we regret it. We take pride in how we communicate to our restaurants and we are correcting this so it doesn't happen again. Like all Americans we have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the American flag and everything it symbolizes, and we welcome anyone who wishes to bring the flag into our restaurants. In fact, we periodically provide American flag collar pins to our employees to wear while serving guests.

Maybe someone can collaborate?

Daylen

Olive Garden has a no weapons policy? well dang I've carried in there a bunch... you'd think they would post a sign or tell someone.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I would never have eaten there to begin with (around here, their food is all premade, frozen meals that they just microwave), but I am positive to never eat there for any reason.

Kirbinator

Anniston, AL is the home of the recently closed by BRAC Army base Fort McClellan.

For them to do this, at that place, is just pure stupidity and ignorance... if not a complete slap in the face of the local economy.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I wrote them a letter, but these fascists wanted all my personal information, including e-mail, address, and phone number, probably so they could call to make sure I was home before they sent their mafioso in for the hit.