• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piggly Wiggly in Edgerton, WI posted...

Cory

Piggly Wiggly in Edgerton, WI just recently posted their doors with signs that prohibit carrying firearms. I've carried in that store before and have always checked for signs, so this must have happened within the last couple weeks. The signs are large and very noticeable so I wouldn't have missed it in the past.

vermonter

I think I've had this discussion before after the Dickson Dozen got signs put up all over Dickson City PA. If a sign goes up and you have a CCW, just ignore it and CCW anyway. No one will know unless you do something stupid like flash it and scare the sheep. I do not OC, but all the PPL I have seen do it in VT are professional and clean cut looking and no cause for alarm with anyone except the nosey PD on Church St. What ruined it in CA was when the BP party marched up the stairs. That scared a lot of PPL including Reagan, the rest is history.

protias

I think I've had this discussion before after the Dickson Dozen got signs put up all over Dickson City PA. If a sign goes up and you have a CCW, just ignore it and CCW anyway. No one will know unless you do something stupid like flash it and scare the sheep. I do not OC, but all the PPL I have seen do it in VT are professional and clean cut looking and no cause for alarm with anyone except the nosey PD on Church St. What ruined it in CA was when the BP party marched up the stairs. That scared a lot of PPL including Reagan, the rest is history.

So you'll gladly give your money to someone who hates liberty?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
So you'll gladly give your money to someone who hates liberty?

Not to mention chance getting a trespassing ticket, being detained by LE, and more than likely having several other citations thrown at you for everything under the book? I'd rather find a 2A friendly store that wants my money.

phred

Piggly Wiggly in Mosinee removed their signs. When I found out about them posting a month or so ago, I talked to the owner about removing them. He said he would consider it, but needed time to get more information. In the meantime I let other area WCI members know about the posting. Today I was in Charlies Hardware to pick up a new gun and I saw the Pig's owner come in so I asked him about his signs saying that it was about time that I let the world know that his store was posted. (It was still posted last week or so). He said they had a corporate meeting and decided to let individual stores chose what they wanted to do. With that, and my little chat and letter to him, along with other area people who talked to him, he removed the signs. I let him know I appreciated it.

Even though I don't shop there much anyway, I'll put his store back on my "white" list.

Last edited: