Thread: The Second 2011 Wisconsin Hwy 67 Adopt A Highway Cleanup

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up The Second 2011 Wisconsin Hwy 67 Adopt A Highway Cleanup

I drove our pickup section last weekend and it's getting messy again... lots of papers and trash. I am in the process of moving lock, stock, and barrel over to Grant County so I won't be able to help with the cleanup any more. We need somebody to step up and take it over.

This will be our third year of giving something back to the community and showing everybody that we are just regular citizens who happen to believe in the RKBA.

For you new people, our section of roadway is just south of Dousman, WI on Hyw 67 and runs on both sides of the road from county C Northward to the first intersection with county D. The following map should make it all more clear.

If we can get 10-15 volunteers, we can knock this project out in 1-1/2 hours of enjoyable outdoor activity, getting to know other members better, and being ambassadors for the RKBA;

There are many ways to support Open Carry, and this is one of them. One of you natural leaders out there please step forward and take hold of this or it won't get done.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Adopt a Highway Program OpenCarry.Org Sponsorship

Any chance anyone picked up coordinating this Open Carry Adopt a Highway sponsorship program in '11 or '12 ?

I just received a call from the State of Wisconsin Adopt a Highway program asking about our participation. I haven 't called back yet. They typically ask how many times the highway was picked up for the season.

If someone can take it over for 2013, I'm guessing we can keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    I drove our pickup section last weekend and it's getting messy again... lots of papers and trash. I am in the process of moving lock, stock, and barrel over to Grant County so I won't be able to help with the cleanup any more. We need somebody to step up and take it over.

This will be our third year of giving something back to the community and showing everybody that we are just regular citizens who happen to believe in the RKBA.

For you new people, our section of roadway is just south of Dousman, WI on Hyw 67 and runs on both sides of the road from county C Northward to the first intersection with county D. The following map should make it all more clear.

If we can get 10-15 volunteers, we can knock this project out in 1-1/2 hours of enjoyable outdoor activity, getting to know other members better, and being ambassadors for the RKBA;

There are many ways to support Open Carry, and this is one of them. One of you natural leaders out there please step forward and take hold of this or it won't get done.

I would love to see this happen again this year.
    I have not missed one (I don't think).
    Not so sure I can head it up. I suck at this kind of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I would love to see this happen again this year.
    I have not missed one (I don't think).
    Not so sure I can head it up. I suck at this kind of stuff...
    Are there any pickups planned for 2013?

If so, put them on here, so people can help.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

As I said in the other thread, I am willing to participate, but my attempts at organizing / motivating have met with indifference, so I'm not going to do that any more.

With the sun setting so late, we could meet in the early evening (6pm) on a weeknight and still have plenty of light.

I do have a couple evening commitments, but most days I could be there in the evening.
    A weekend is also a possibility, but there will be more traffic (more dangerous), and more heat.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I am willing to participate, but my attempts at organizing / motivating have met with indifference, so I'm not going to do that any more.

With the sun setting so late, we could meet in the early evening (6pm) on a weeknight and still have plenty of light.

I do have a couple evening commitments, but most days I could be there in the evening.
    A weekend is also a possibility, but there will be more traffic (more dangerous), and more heat.
    Just a note from somebody who has actually participated in a pickup; there is no danger from the increased traffic on the weekends but there IS more opportunity to wave at and interact with passing motorists. We always did it on the weekend to accommodate people with regular jobs who wanted to participate, but those people seem conspicuously quiet....
    Last edited by davegran; 06-25-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I would love to do one, but my weekends and weekdays are rather busy.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)