• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle OC report.

jsanchez

So I'm walking down 1st ave south bound, coming from the army surplus store, and this lady stops me and asks me if I'm a cop. I tell her no, and she asks me whats up with the gun, and I explain to her and she was surprized but thought it was cool. Just as I was finishing up with her, this 25 year old white guy walks up to me and tells me to "cover that up", I tell him "I don't have to." He walks on. So I go to Rite Aid down by West Lake Center, buy a couple of items, and then head over to the Link rail. I go down to the International District and pick up some chinese food for my wife. I'm coming back on the Link, and I'm on the train, and this security guard comes up to me and tells me I'm not to have a gun on the train, and to cover it up for the benifit of the other passengers, while he points at the rule sign right above my head. I tell him the actual rule says unlawful weapons and was left off when they printed the sign. I told him state law allows me on the Link, and he should check with his supervisor or any transit police officer, and I told him I will not cover it up. He went back to the other end of the car and that was the end of it.

'

Metalhead47

So I'm walking down 1st ave south bound, coming from the army surplus store, and this lady stops me and asks me if I'm a cop. I tell her no, and she asks me whats up with the gun, and I explain to her and she was surprized but thought it was cool. Just as I was finishing up with her, this 25 year old white guy walks up to me and tells me to "cover that up", I tell him "I don't have to." He walks on. So I go to Rite Aid down by West Lake Center, buy a couple of items, and then head over to the Link rail. I go down to the International District and pick up some chinese food for my wife. I'm coming back on the Link, and I'm on the train, and this security guard comes up to me and tells me I'm not to have a gun on the train, and to cover it up for the benifit of the other passengers, while he points at the rule sign right above my head. I tell him the actual rule says unlawful weapons and was left off when they printed the sign. I told him state law allows me on the Link, and he should check with his supervisor or any transit police officer, and I told him I will not cover it up. He went back to the other end of the car and that was the end of it.

'

Doesn't it just warm the cockles of your heart to send someone who "knows the law" to go pout off in the corner like with with but a few kind words? :banana: