Thread: good day oc'ing in pa...

good day oc'ing in pa...

had the day off, so got up dressed and headed out...

stopped at wallpaper picked up 300 rounds of 40 and not one blink but on the way out one lady asked if i was scared i'd get arrested and i said no open carrying a firearm in pa is perfectly legal and she said oh i'm checking that out...

rode up to phonenixville, pa but stopped in oaks at dunkin donuts where to my surprise was a state police and local sheriff officers who to my surprise didn't even blink and i'm sure they saw me carrying...

headed up to french creek outfitters and fired off 200 rounds, left to get something to eat at kfc and since the misses wanted to go back to walmart but ofcourse this was a different one much closer to home but again not even a blink from anyone...

all in all, i'd say everything went smooth considering the state trooper and local sheriff didn't say a word to me...

fyi; i always oc in my car in case i need to reach(prevent car jacking and or robbery) i don't want any clothes in the way...

today was definitely confident booster in oc'ing!

Sounds like a good day to me!
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Lol, I was beginning to think my fellow pa'ers were anti social
    “I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted” - Frederick Douglass, 1817-1895

I too was a little surprised by the lack of response, however, there is another PA forum that gets most of the local attention. I typically only check this one a couple times each week.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I too was a little surprised by the lack of response, however, there is another PA forum that gets most of the local attention. I typically only check this one a couple times each week.
    which forum might that be?

Campaign Veteran
    Sounds like you had a good day to me, also. I find it hard to believe that there were LEO's in a Dunkin-Donuts, though...

As for the "other" forum...don't get me started...

Let's just say "this" forum is much more well run and "friendlier".

Quote Originally Posted by SP101 View Post
    Sounds like you had a good day to me, also. I find it hard to believe that there were LEO's in a Dunkin-Donuts, though...

As for the "other" forum...don't get me started...

Let's just say "this" forum is much more well run and "friendlier".

Pay no attention to this malcontent, who was banned for the audacity of having scruples and integrity.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 10-16-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Pay no attention to this malcontent, who was banned for the audacity of having scruples and integrity.
    what, did he call Rotz a douchebucket, too?
    Givin' up the tactical advantage since 2008.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Campaign Veteran
    You guy's crack me up!

It is a shame that so few people ruined a perfectly good forum, but to be honest, I don't miss it one bit.

I do, however, miss seeing some of my old friends from those days.

I have my concealed weapons permit for PA and UT, but most of the time I would prefer to OC. I don't understand the rule about oc in a car? Can I not legally oc in my vehicle? It sounds like you have to have a special permit to legally oc in your car, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG23 View Post
    I have my concealed weapons permit for PA and UT, but most of the time I would prefer to OC. I don't understand the rule about oc in a car? Can I not legally oc in my vehicle?
    Yes, you can legally OC or CC a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle with your PA LTCF, or a permit/license from any other state.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG23 View Post
    It sounds like you have to have a special permit to legally oc in your car, is that correct?
    Yes you have to have a "special permit". Such as a PA LTCF (License To Carry Firearms) or similar permit/license from any other state.

It is illegal to OC or CC a loaded handgun in or on a vehicle WITHOUT being licensed to do so. You have 2 licenses which allow this, so you are legal.

Thumbs up

Yes, you can legally OC or CC a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle with your PA LTCF, or a permit/license from any other state.

Yes you have to have a "special permit". Such as a PA LTCF (License To Carry Firearms) or similar permit/license from any other state.

It is illegal to OC or CC a loaded handgun in or on a vehicle WITHOUT being licensed to do so. You have 2 licenses which allow this, so you are legal.
    Thank you for the insight!