Thread: Oh the irony at INOVA Alexandria

Oh the irony at INOVA Alexandria

Ok I am here doing some work at INOVA Alexandria and they have the displays up about violence against women and how they had protective orders against boyfriends or spouses that didn't matter at still were attacked and murdered. I call this ironic because this is one of the no firearms allowed places. So you want to do what you can to keep the memory of these victims alive but continue to deny them the ability to protect themselves at your location.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Ok I am here doing some work at INOVA Alexandria and they have the displays up about violence against women and how they had protective orders against boyfriends or spouses that didn't matter at still were attacked and murdered. I call this ironic because this is one of the no firearms allowed places. So you want to do what you can to keep the memory of these victims alive but continue to deny them the ability to protect themselves at your location.
    INOVA doesn't appear to be completely anti, though. When my aunt was at INOVA Mount Vernon, I was able to carry every time I visited her. (They aren't posted, but I still kept to CC because my aunt is heavily anti.)
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Did they have displays up about violence against men by women? After all from what I have read, roughly 30% of domestic abuse is women abusing men. You just never hear it reported because it doesn't serve certain groups' interests. Kinda like breast cancer. There are approximately three times the number of prostate cancers reported each year over those of breast cancer. This is not meant to diminish either one of these diseases, but rather to show a disparity between two groups. I have two daughters and a wife so I am very much concerned about breast and cervical cancer and I don't take sides with sex on this issue.

And don't get on my case with this one. My brother died from cancer so I would be in no mode to entertain crap from anyone on this.

(sorry, a sore spot with me I guess)
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-13-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Did they have displays up about violence against men by women? After all from what I have read, roughly 30% of domestic abuse is women abusing men. You just never hear it reported because it doesn't serve certain groups' interests. Kinda like breast cancer. There are approximately three times the number of prostate cancers reported each year over those of breast cancer. This is not meant to diminish either one of these diseases, but rather to show a disparity between two groups. I have two daughters and a wife so I am very much concerned about breast and cervical cancer and I don't take sides with sex on this issue.

And don't get on my case with this one. My brother died from cancer so I would be in no mode to entertain crap from anyone on this.

I missed something I think....

My friends, I owe you all an apology for my rant in my post above (#3). I know that what I said could be taken out of context or misunderstood and for that reason, I should have kept my mouth (hands) shut (off the keyboard).
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

My friends, I owe you all an apology for my rant in my post above (#3). I know that what I said could be taken out of context or misunderstood and for that reason, I should have kept my mouth (hands) shut (off the keyboard).
    There's certainly no reason to apologize and if I read the post right, I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying. My Father had Prostrate Cancer which does seem to be trivialized by some. I'm not sure it caused his death as by that time, it was a race between the diseases, but it was one of that made his life more miserable than the others.

I just couldn't see what triggered your comment. Many times the offending post is removed leaving the replies hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    There's certainly no reason to apologize and if I read the post right, I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying. My Father had Prostrate Cancer which does seem to be trivialized by some. I'm not sure it caused his death as by that time, it was a race between the diseases, but it was one of that made his life more miserable than the others.

I just couldn't see what triggered your comment. Many times the offending post is removed leaving the replies hanging.
    To clarify, it had to do with the overwhelmingly one-sided programs and displays and little chest ribbons and fund raisers and everything else we see so much about for breast cancer when we see almost nothing about prostate cancer, which is three times more common than is breast cancer. In my mind, all cancers have merit in their exposure and need for charity help and in particular the deadly ones. I don't see the difference between breast cancer and prostate cancer except for the sex of the victims.

The reason for my apology, which I honestly meant and still do, is that after calming down and rereading my post, I could easily set how this could be misconstrued by some folks or be viewed as trivializing a deadly disease and I can assure you, nothing is further from the truth. My only brother died at 38 from melanoma so I take this very seriously.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-14-2011 at 01:58 PM.

America First!

Not only that, but males get breast cancer also. However, none of the groups like the Susan B whatever will even mention this. A higher percentage of men who get this disease die from it that do women simply because no one tells them to look for the signs that they have it. Thus it isn't discovered until it's in the later stages. I speak from experience and it is a sore spot with me too.
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

To clarify, it had to do with the overwhelmingly one-sided programs and displays and little chest ribbons and fund raisers and everything else we see so much of about breast cancer when we see almost nothing about prostate cancer which is three times more common than is breast cancer. In my mind, all cancers have merit in their exposure and need for charity help and in particular the deadly ones. I don't see the difference between breast cancer and prostate cancer except for the sex of the victims.

The reason for my apology, which I honestly meant and still do, is that after calming down and rereading my post, I could easily set how this could be misconstrued by some folks or be viewed as trivializing a deadly disease and I can assure you, nothing is further from the truth. My only brother died at 38 from melanoma so I take this very seriously.
    Again....no need to apologize or explain!

We have several members that either currently have Melanoma, Bone, Prostrate and other cancers and some that are survivors, and at least one that has suffered a relapse.

Many of us understand your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I missed something I think....
    D. I believe Paul was thinking someone would get on his case for his point of view, much like I do from time to time (with non serious issues) just to get his dander up.
    (what are friends for!)

However, neither Domectic violence (regardless of the sex of the parties) or CA is a matter to take lightly, we all probably have someone close to us that has been or will be a victim.

~Marco
    Ps. I worked PT as an MLT for a Adult and Pediactric Oncologist for 10yrs, the wife volunteered at a shelter for abused women/children.

BOT:
    When I donated blood at INOVA locations no one said anything about my firearm.
    Last edited by Marco; 10-14-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: BOT:)
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I wonder if it is certains INOVAs? Fairfax is clearly posted at the entrances but I wonder if it is because VCU has classrooms there?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    D. I believe Paul was thinking someone would get on his case for his point of view, much like I do from time to time (with non serious issues) just to get his dander up.
    (what are friends for!)

However, neither Domectic violence (regardless of the sex of the parties) or CA is a matter to take lightly, we all probably have someone close to us that has been or will be a victim.

~Marco
    Ps. I worked PT as an MLT for a Adult and Pediactric Oncologist for 10yrs, the wife volunteered at a shelter for abused women/children.

BOT:
    When I donated blood at INOVA locations no one said anything about my firearm.
    Marco... so the cat is out of the bag, eh? You get on my case from time to time??? Naw, never happened (heh, heh).

Let me tell you folks, Marco is a friend I am happy to have and I also have a great deal of respect for him. He's one of the good ones.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-14-2011 at 02:29 PM.

America First!

Exclamation

which is three times more common than is breast cancer.
    According to the doctor who treated my father's prostate cancer (successfully) - prostate cancer is a physiological inevitability. Everyone's prostate will succumb to it.

Some people just don't live long enough to get to that point.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Thanks Wylde!

All us old farts want to be reminded that the only chance of not getting Prostate Cancer is to clock out first.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-14-2011 at 03:23 PM.

If you want to get your physical exam just go to the airport and have tsa do it. They have the equipment and the gloves.

If you want to get your physical exam just go to the airport and have tsa do it. They have the equipment and the gloves.
    That is wrong on so many levels...

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    According to the doctor who treated my father's prostate cancer (successfully) - prostate cancer is a physiological inevitability. Everyone's prostate will succumb to it.

Some people just don't live long enough to get to that point.
    That's something I didn't know. I have heard that men with vasectomies are at a lower risk of prostate cancer but that information is several decades old.

America First!

A "sore spot", eh? I hope it won't require surgery.

But you know, those are things you're not supposed to say. I've got a pet peeve that you're not supposed to say, too - a major source of child abuse is from men who are crippled emotionally by their mothers as children, a form of psycho-sexual abuse in which women in "victim mode" try to make their own world safe from masculine traits by emasculating their little boys. Hence, the little boys grow up to be "nice", but unable to have normal healthy happy sex with grown women; they need someone "safe", "pure", and who is not an evil, manipulative, deceptive whacko (the sort of woman they could actually fall in love with, because of mother's imprint upon them as children). So they look for children to have sex with. Obviously it's a cycle, going back through generations upon generations - but the part women play in the transmission of evil is one of those things we are not allowed to talk about, and which is studiously ignored. I've been helping another lawyer with a case involving such a guy - he has to go in for testing to see whether or not he has a normal physiological sexual response, and if he does, that's treated as an indication that he needs to stay on probation. The testing procedure kind of reminds me of something out of "A Clockwork Orange".

But I didn't say all that....
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

It's not funny, it's sad.

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    A "sore spot", eh? I hope it won't require surgery.

But you know, those are things you're not supposed to say. I've got a pet peeve that you're not supposed to say, too - a major source of child abuse is from men who are crippled emotionally by their mothers as children, a form of psycho-sexual abuse in which women in "victim mode" try to make their own world safe from masculine traits by emasculating their little boys. Hence, the little boys grow up to be "nice", but unable to have normal healthy happy sex with grown women; they need someone "safe", "pure", and who is not an evil, manipulative, deceptive whacko (the sort of woman they could actually fall in love with, because of mother's imprint upon them as children). So they look for children to have sex with. Obviously it's a cycle, going back through generations upon generations - but the part women play in the transmission of evil is one of those things we are not allowed to talk about, and which is studiously ignored. I've been helping another lawyer with a case involving such a guy - he has to go in for testing to see whether or not he has a normal physiological sexual response, and if he does, that's treated as an indication that he needs to stay on probation. The testing procedure kind of reminds me of something out of "A Clockwork Orange".

But I didn't say all that....
    Please tell me you saw my apology, user. I can't say what possessed me to issue that sudden rant as it is out of character for me to do something like that. But for some reason, it hit me wrong. Oh well, lesson learned.

Since you're being a skoosh politically incorrect, I'll add to it. In the U.S. more rapes are committed against men than women... about three times as many, but you don't hear about that one either. Before anyone gets their panties in an uproar, think prison. Note I didn't say more men, I said more rapes against men. This is usually a good one to win bets on if one is of a mind to go down that path.

America First!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Or some of the men's rooms!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Wylde is correct about prostate CA. By the time a man is in his 60's, there is usually some microscopic evidence of it, and by the 70's almost all men have some small sections of the gland that harbor cancer cells. The malignant cells usually remain well encapsulated, and as Wylde reported, most men die of something else before some physiologic change "lets the dogs out". The question is what makes some men prone to early malignant changes AND why does the encapsulating mechanism fail?

In the meanwhile, take good care of your prostate: have at least 2-3 orgasms a week to keep the plumbing flushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ...In the meanwhile, take good care of your prostate: have at least 2-3 orgasms a week to keep the plumbing flushed out.
    That's no joke. If you consider plants, and how they concentrate toxins in the seeds, it's because they're designed to concentrate whatever they've got in the seeds. Reproduction gets very high priority, because the meaning of life is, "the DNA wants to get around." We do the same thing. Animals are designed to reproduce, even if it kills us. Failure to attend to the reproductive function (or at least simulate it - the body doesn't really know the difference) will kill you. It's the concentration of toxins and heavy metals in the prostate that causes the disruption to the cellular reproduction programming we refer to as "cancer".

Oh, and stay out of the gamma rays, too. Try to avoid places like Chernoble, Fukushima, and Lake Anna.

I'm glad I got my last bit of surgery in Alexandria before Inova took over, back when it was a real hospital and not just a business.
    Last edited by user; 10-18-2011 at 06:53 AM.