• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Wikipedia - the open carry photo

KBCraig

IMHO It is not a better photo, but the Author "DrunkDriver" [sic] gets to choose it seems.
It's Wikipedia. Anyone who wants to choose a different photo is free to do so.

The only restriction is that you have to own the rights to the photo, or it has to be in the public domain, or it has to be licensed under Creative Commons for free public use.

Aknazer

I'm sure someone from here can find a better picture than the posted one. I will admit that it seems better than the previous picture as it shows the person in an actual public setting, but the hat comes across as trying to depict the movement as cowboys imo. Also the person who posted it doesn't have a aiki account which makes me further question the picture.

Jack House

I don't see the issue. The photo isn't negative, it demonstrates open carry. What would you guys prefer? A PR photo? Maybe it's not the best photo, but it's not a bad photo either.

If someone decides they want to point at the Wiki page and declare it proof that only cowboys carry, then retort with photos of people wearing suits and casual clothing carrying.

I think this site's front page needs some updating, the gallery needs to be deleted(NOT the photos, just the CODE) and redone. The code they use now is crap. There are a lot of freeware galleries out there that they could use and it definitely needs more photos. The gallery has been a peeve of mine for a long, long time. Why not appoint someone in charge of it and have the members send in photos to be placed in the gallery? The reason I suggest having someone in charge, rather then a simple upload system is to prevent antis and trolls from uploading inappropriate photos.

The other annoyance I have is that the press center hasn't been updated since 08, makes it feel as if the group is dead in the water or something.

Prophet

Its much better than the picture of the guy in a black knit cap, flannel shirt, creeping outside in a Wal-Mart parking lot at night.

Not kidding, thats what it was.

SovereignAxe

I don't see the issue. The photo isn't negative, it demonstrates open carry. What would you guys prefer? A PR photo? Maybe it's not the best photo, but it's not a bad photo either.

If someone decides they want to point at the Wiki page and declare it proof that only cowboys carry, then retort with photos of people wearing suits and casual clothing carrying.

I think this site's front page needs some updating, the gallery needs to be deleted(NOT the photos, just the CODE) and redone. The code they use now is crap. There are a lot of freeware galleries out there that they could use and it definitely needs more photos. The gallery has been a peeve of mine for a long, long time. Why not appoint someone in charge of it and have the members send in photos to be placed in the gallery? The reason I suggest having someone in charge, rather then a simple upload system is to prevent antis and trolls from uploading inappropriate photos.

The other annoyance I have is that the press center hasn't been updated since 08, makes it feel as if the group is dead in the water or something.

Honestly I would prefer a woman. Who could argue with that?

XD40coyote

I dunno who these guys are or where this was at, but I found it while googling for OC pics. I think it's pretty good, the one guy has a serpa level 2, they are young guys, they are thin, and they are geeky looking with 1 being a muscle geek LOL. This counters the stereotype of middle aged fat men LOL.

Attachments

• ocbbq.jpg
    ocbbq.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 162

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I dunno who these guys are or where this was at, but I found it while googling for OC pics. I think it's pretty good, the one guy has a serpa level 2, they are young guys, they are thin, and they are geeky looking with 1 being a muscle geek LOL. This counters the stereotype of middle aged fat men LOL.

Thats a great picture... now to find the owner and see if they will open it up to the CC for use on wikipedia.

l_____l

I did a google pic search and found this. Certainly not a middle aged fat man here! :eek:
http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/barnidge-open-carry-ignites-a-discussion-about-gun-rights/

Surely poking fun at the movie "Open Water" :lol: