• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So it begins

MilProGuy

I just wish he would NOT use the word WEAPON. Call it a gun, or a firearm, but WEAPON has negative connotations.

It is sad, in the midst of political correctness (which has seemingly taken the place of common sense) that the word "weapon" takes on a negative connotation.

A handgun or a long gun is, indeed, a weapon.

None of us want to be faced with the prospect of having to defend our lives with anything less.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
LGOC is the perfect excuse to get that HK USC 45 or Hi-Point 995 I've been wanting so bad...

Wow, there is a huge difference between those two guns. Kind of odd that they are your two choices since they are on opposite ends of the spectrum in a couple ways (ex HK=$1400, hi-point=$200). Not criticizing your choices in any way, just thought it was kinda funny.

Last edited:

Gooelf

Media

Media gets terminology messed up all the time. Weapon, Firearm, rifle, pistol are all acceptable terms for describing firearms. Handgun is slightly acceptable for a pistol, but gun is not right. It's a magazine not a clip, unless you are talking about an old WW 2 M1 Garande clip. It's a cartridge not a bullet or a round of ammunition. Oh and for ***** and giggles I went to the Brady website and they stated on there the Tucsan shooter had an "assault clip" or something like that, how ridiculous.

Ca Patriot

The cop with his gun drawn looked like he was going to sh*t his pants, HAHAHAHA

awsome video

i am certain he is looking on youtube to find the video and maybe even lurking on this board.

relax man, lol

I know I should know this, but I thought e checks only applied to handguns, not long guns ?

Last edited:

pullnshoot25

The cop with his gun drawn looked like he was going to sh*t his pants, HAHAHAHA

awsome video

i am certain he is looking on youtube to find the video and maybe even lurking on this board.

relax man, lol

I know I should know this, but I thought e checks only applied to handguns, not long guns ?

Still a firearm and cops want to be there to probe it.

MilProGuy

Did anyone notice the second cop had his gun drawn?

I noticed that too.

But, if I'd been his shoes I'd have done the same thing.

Some people think this kind of thing is funny. I don't.

Carrying an unloaded AR15 around one's neck, meandering around the neighborhood is childish and immature, and smacks of "look at me!"

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I noticed that too.

Why would you pull a gun on somebody walking down the street minding their own business? His activity, however ill-advised is 100% legal. Would you do the same thing if the guy was OCing a handgun? Soon LGOC will be the only option in CA. Should all of the people who decide to carry in that manner be stopped at gunpoint? Where do you draw the line? By the way I don't think it is funny either. I think it is sad that this is what it has come to if you wish to defend yourself in CA.

wrightme

I noticed that too.

Carrying an unloaded AR15 around one's neck, meandering around the neighborhood is childish and immature, and smacks of "look at me!"

W.H.Y.?

The citizen was not breaking any laws, and was walking a frufru dog. WHY would YOU draw?

sudden valley gunner

Some might say a 40 year old guy skateboarding, with a lollipop in his hand, singing row row row your boat is childish does this justify a threat of deadly force?

People give cops way too much leeway. Government minions are supposed to have less liberty and freedom than "the people". Would you justify a homeowner coming out of his house with his pistol at "low and ready"? If not why do you justify a cop doing it? :banghead:

Save Our State

W.H.Y.?

The citizen was not breaking any laws, and was walking a frufru dog. WHY would YOU draw?

One cop with a drawn weapon doesn't seem out of line to me. Like it or not, guns do elevate the spectre of combat/conflict. Many of us on this forum have taken issue with an unloaded gun being nearly useless as a defensive weapon. I would offer that a cops weapon still holstered during an encounter with another armed person may be nearly as useless. Since they are trained to handle their weapons, why should we fear their wanting to protect themselves or their partner(s)?

HKcarrier

For me, personally, a police officer approaching me at "low ready" isn't all that threatening... I know it means he means business, but he's not threatening.. he's not pointing it at me... he's just on high alert... I"m not HAPPY about it, but I guess I don't realy think it's all that big of a deal...

Now if the cop POINTS it at me, or orders me to the ground or some other BS, then I'm going to get VERY pissed.

the cops approaching the guy with the poodle should have been laughing. :D

Phoenix David

While it bothers me seeing these kinds of videos, I also understand that you guys are in a totally different environment with California laws that just take and shred the Constitutional rights of everyone in that state in order to "protect" them and this is the only way you have to protect yourself and also make a political statement about the violation of Constitutional rights.

It's got to be a very unnerving experience because you don't know what the police are going to do and this is the only way to exercise your rights and bring to light the plight of California. Hopefully some day soon things like this will be a thing of the past.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Save Our State said:
One cop with a drawn weapon doesn't seem out of line to me.

For me, personally, a police officer approaching me at "low ready" isn't all that threatening... I know it means he means business, but he's not threatening.. he's not pointing it at me... he's just on high alert... I"m not HAPPY about it, but I guess I don't realy think it's all that big of a deal...

You guys both give too much credit to a uniform.

If a random person is approaching you with a weapon drawn you should take it as what it is, a threat of deadly violence. You should be able to quickly think if you have done anything that warrants you being arrested or attacked, and if not, you should respond accordingly. Just because a person has a job with a certain government agency, or has a blue or black set of clothes on with a shiny tin object near their heart doesn't mean they can threaten your life whenever they desire. They are citizens with no rights greater than yours. Could you do that to them and expect to be treated the way you suggest one act? No. Then they are your superior in a "free country".

I'll leave you with a quote which underlines the importance of the fourth amendment.

In Plummer, the defendant became angry when the Kentland Town Board ordered
him to trim shade trees on his property. The defendant then “left his house with his
loaded revolver in his hand, and went onto the business streets of [the] town inquiring for
the members of [the] town board, making threats that he was not to be fooled with, saying
they had ordered his trees to be cut down, and that he would shoot them; and, while so
talking in an excited manner he would frequently brandish his revolver around.”
After being told to go home, the defendant started walking back to his property.
The town marshal then came upon the scene and ordered the defendant to “put up his
gun.” When the defendant did not do so, the marshal approached the defendant from
behind, struck the defendant with his billy club, and fired his gun at the defendant. The
defendant, who had dropped his gun when he was struck by the billy club, retrieved his
gun and returned fire. During an exchange of further gunfire, the marshal was killed.

After noting that the marshal was attempting to make an illegal arrest, our supreme
court further noted that a police officer may not “use more force than necessary to effect
an arrest.”
The court held that if an officer is resisted before he has
used “needless force and violence,” he may then “press forward and overcome such
resistance, even to the taking of the life of the person arrested, if absolutely necessary.”
The court then noted that the marshal had not indicated to the defendant that
he was under arrest and that there had been no necessity for the marshal to strike the
defendant with his billy club. The court reasoned that the marshal therefore became a
“trespasser” and that the marshal’s assault with the billy club, coupled with the discharge
of his weapon, “gave [the defendant] the clear right to defend himself.” The court
stated that “[w]hen a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be,
and is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel force by force, and if, in the
reasonable exercise of his right of self-defense, his assailant is killed, he is justifiable.”

Id. (citing Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80 (1877); Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1 (1881)).
Wilson v. Indiana - Indiana Appeals - 2006

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This is my rifle, this is my gun.
This is for fighting and this is for fun.

you just had to didn't you?

Why do people say things like "okay! sure! thanks guys! appreciate it!" when the cops violate their rights in these videos? I understand you're not resisting and you want to maintain a good relationship with the police, but you don't have to say thank you as you watch them rip the constitution into pieces.

Ca Patriot

What also strikes me odd about the cop having his pistol drawn is that apparently he feels a threat from a guy with an AR. If he truely felt a threat from a guy with an AR then why did he approach with a inferior handgun ? If the guy with the AR was truely a threat he could have turned and mowed down that cop in 2 seconds and there is nothing a puny little handgun was going to do about it.

If I was the cop and I saw a man with an AR and I felt my safety was in question, I would held back and followed in my car until back up arrived.

Side note : I remember one time when I open carried with a handgun and I was stopped by the police. At the end of the detention they gave me the usal lecture on how stupid I was and how lucky I didnt get shot. One of the cops said to me, "you know, if a shooting had gone down you would have lost, we have bullet proof vests and bigger guns"

I am planning on open carrying my AR in .308 before I leave California in the next month and if a cop tries to give me a lecture I am going to say "you know, my .308 would slice through your vest and through you and through your partner but MY vest will stop your puny little .40 cal handgun round"

PavePusher

I noticed that too.

And is no reason for police to threaten your life. Are you active duty? Do you remember your oath?