Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Folk Festival

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Richmond Folk Festival

It looks like it's a City event and I can't find a no weapons rule.

I may miss Hunting tomorrow and come to town for the Gunshow and this.

Anyone going?

I am working the AM shift at the fun show tomorrow and could go to the festival in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    I am working the AM shift at the fun show tomorrow and could go to the festival in the afternoon.
    I'll see you at the show, we'll talk about it there.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I'll be at the gun show, hawking my wares.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Under?

Our esteemeed ProShooter dreives his income by telling people that he knows more than they do, and then charging them money to listen to him and watch as he sweeps the room with the muzzle of his squirtguns.

He apparently has conned the NRA and the folks in charge of the Utah concealed carry permit process into believing he can follow a lesson plan script even though he speaks with a New Joisey accent.

He says he teaches folks how to use OC spray but I've not seen any frankfurters in his classroom so canot say for sure if he knows or not.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The Richmond Folk Festival is just for folks like us - count me in.

Reminder to avoid the NPS information building - no carry allowed inside, but there should be signs.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Better wares than warez!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Our esteemeed ProShooter dreives his income by telling people that he knows more than they do, and then charging them money to listen to him and watch as he sweeps the room with the muzzle of his squirtguns.

He apparently has conned the NRA and the folks in charge of the Utah concealed carry permit process into believing he can follow a lesson plan script even though he speaks with a New Joisey accent.

He says he teaches folks how to use OC spray but I've not seen any frankfurters in his classroom so canot say for sure if he knows or not.

stay safe.
    LOL!

The squirtgun has been long since been retired. Probably better than 2 years ago now. It was replaced by a bright orange Glockwannabe...

And as far as my Joisey accent goes, I have not uttered the phrase "Youzguyz" in the past 3 years. In fact, I recently perfected the y'all/y'all's/all y'all/all y'alls phase of my southern indoctrination.

The next OC class will be on October 23th....if you are interested, we're always taking volunteers for the "spray the bad guy" drill. LOL!!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

And as far as my Joisey accent goes, I have not uttered the phrase "Youzguyz" in the past 3 years. In fact, I recently perfected the y'all/y'all's/all y'all/all y'alls phase of my southern indoctrination.
    Yeah, yeah.... but the indoctrination will never be complete until you like BBQ!!

Been living in the south for over 15 years, and still the only time I say "y'all" is when I mean it ironically. I've always wanted to start a business selling T-shirts that say "....and the North will kick your @s$ again" but my wife (a delicate flower of the South) would, well, kick my @s$.

I do, however, partake of fried okra (no idea when or how I acquired a taste for it) and BBQ.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Been living in the south for over 15 years, and still the only time I say "y'all" is when I mean it ironically. I've always wanted to start a business selling T-shirts that say "....and the North will kick your @s$ again" but my wife (a delicate flower of the South) would, well, kick my @s$.

I do, however, partake of fried okra (no idea when or how I acquired a taste for it) and BBQ.
    What do you mean ...again?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Yeah, yeah.... but the indoctrination will never be complete until you like BBQ!!
    ewww, no.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Parked only 2 1/2 blocks away and arrived at the Festival at 1:30 PM.

Over the next 3 hours gave away approximately 650 GSL stickers - it was a feeding frenzy sometimes. Interacted positively with Richmond PD and event staff - several from each of these groups actually asked for the stickers! Lots of great conversations, including with one gentleman who wanted to challenge the merits of GSL and providing for your own self-defense - he quit when he realised that a small crowd had gathered and were nodding in agreement with my responses.

It was a nice way to spend an afternoon + had kettle chips and lemonade, Wore my legs out though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SNIP Wore my legs out though.
    I'm glad you put on your legs, it's kinda hard to get around without them.....
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I went back to the gun show early and resisted buying another gun this morning...then went to the Festival. I was hoping I'd spot you but it was crowded and spread out. No comments about my gun but a few about my Big Guns Save Lives Pin. I bought 5 at the show and gave them all away at the festival.

Then I went back to the show and bought the 1958 Remington I passed up this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Then I went back to the show and bought the 1958 Remington I passed up this morning...
    Pictures or it didn't happen...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Cool Bbq??

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    When I first was fortunate to move to Virginia as a young lad, (many years ago) I was "adopted" by the couple that lived down stairs from North Carolina. They said 2 Yankees would never survive if they weren't trained properly.

They introduced me to many southern treats, but to this day IU still can't eat Grits. Pop said I would always be a Yankee until I learned to eat "proper".

BBQ was an instant hit in my book, but I will NEVER surrender to Grits as a human food!

LOL!

The squirtgun has been long since been retired. Probably better than 2 years ago now. It was replaced by a bright orange Glockwannabe...

The next OC class will be on October 23th....if you are interested, we're always taking volunteers for the "spray the bad guy" drill. LOL!!
    I will volunteer to be sprayed if you will denounce the yankee way, eat BBQ with a side of Okra and and pledge a oath the the C.S.A!

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post

BBQ was an instant hit in my book, but I will NEVER surrender to Grits as a human food!
    LOL! I agree with you there!!

BBQ is GOOOOOOOOD

Grew up two blocks from the Dixie Pig. Pulled pork BBQ was a staple in the diet. Anyone who doesn't like Bar-B-Que is un american. Even Jursey has a large number of BBQ Restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Grew up two blocks from the Dixie Pig. Pulled pork BBQ was a staple in the diet. Anyone who doesn't like Bar-B-Que is un american. Even Jursey has a large number of BBQ Restaurants.
    Ahhh but in NJ, BBQ is actually "Barbecue", meaning chicken cooked over a fire with barbecue sauce...not shredded roadkill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Ahhh but in NJ, BBQ is actually "Barbecue", meaning chicken cooked over a fire with barbecue sauce...not shredded roadkill.

Just Curious, Pro, have you ever tried Virginia BBQ? They have the NC style (vinegar based, which I do not care for at all) and Virginia style (tomato based, which I love). You can get chicken, traditional pulled pork, or beef brisket. They also have one of the world's best potato salads.

TFred

Just because it aint dead yard bird, doesn't mean it's not real BBQ. Pork slow cooked over a pit with barbecue sauce, and slaw is goooooood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast