• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Folk Festival

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It looks like it's a City event and I can't find a no weapons rule.

I may miss Hunting tomorrow and come to town for the Gunshow and this.

Anyone going?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Our esteemeed ProShooter dreives his income by telling people that he knows more than they do, and then charging them money to listen to him and watch as he sweeps the room with the muzzle of his squirtguns.

He apparently has conned the NRA and the folks in charge of the Utah concealed carry permit process into believing he can follow a lesson plan script even though he speaks with a New Joisey accent.

He says he teaches folks how to use OC spray but I've not seen any frankfurters in his classroom so canot say for sure if he knows or not.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Richmond Folk Festival is just for folks like us - count me in.

Reminder to avoid the NPS information building - no carry allowed inside, but there should be signs.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Our esteemeed ProShooter dreives his income by telling people that he knows more than they do, and then charging them money to listen to him and watch as he sweeps the room with the muzzle of his squirtguns.

He apparently has conned the NRA and the folks in charge of the Utah concealed carry permit process into believing he can follow a lesson plan script even though he speaks with a New Joisey accent.

He says he teaches folks how to use OC spray but I've not seen any frankfurters in his classroom so canot say for sure if he knows or not.

stay safe.

LOL! :)

The squirtgun has been long since been retired. Probably better than 2 years ago now. It was replaced by a bright orange Glockwannabe...

DisplayPic.aspx

And as far as my Joisey accent goes, I have not uttered the phrase "Youzguyz" in the past 3 years. In fact, I recently perfected the y'all/y'all's/all y'all/all y'alls phase of my southern indoctrination. :)

The next OC class will be on October 23th....if you are interested, we're always taking volunteers for the "spray the bad guy" drill. LOL!!

Blk97F150

And as far as my Joisey accent goes, I have not uttered the phrase "Youzguyz" in the past 3 years. In fact, I recently perfected the y'all/y'all's/all y'all/all y'alls phase of my southern indoctrination. :)

Yeah, yeah.... but the indoctrination will never be complete until you like BBQ!! :cool:

Eeyore

Been living in the south for over 15 years, and still the only time I say "y'all" is when I mean it ironically. I've always wanted to start a business selling T-shirts that say "....and the North will kick your @s$ again" but my wife (a delicate flower of the South) would, well, kick my @s$.

I do, however, partake of fried okra (no idea when or how I acquired a taste for it) and BBQ.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Been living in the south for over 15 years, and still the only time I say "y'all" is when I mean it ironically. I've always wanted to start a business selling T-shirts that say "....and the North will kick your @s$ again" but my wife (a delicate flower of the South) would, well, kick my @s$.

I do, however, partake of fried okra (no idea when or how I acquired a taste for it) and BBQ.

What do you mean ...again?:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Parked only 2 1/2 blocks away and arrived at the Festival at 1:30 PM. :D

Over the next 3 hours gave away approximately 650 GSL stickers - it was a feeding frenzy sometimes. Interacted positively with Richmond PD and event staff - several from each of these groups actually asked for the stickers! Lots of great conversations, including with one gentleman who wanted to challenge the merits of GSL and providing for your own self-defense - he quit when he realised that a small crowd had gathered and were nodding in agreement with my responses.

It was a nice way to spend an afternoon + had kettle chips and lemonade, Wore my legs out though.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went back to the gun show early and resisted buying another gun this morning...then went to the Festival. I was hoping I'd spot you but it was crowded and spread out. No comments about my gun but a few about my Big Guns Save Lives Pin. I bought 5 at the show and gave them all away at the festival.

Then I went back to the show and bought the 1958 Remington I passed up this morning...:uhoh:

va_tazdad

Bbq??

Yeah, yeah.... but the indoctrination will never be complete until you like BBQ!! :cool:

When I first was fortunate to move to Virginia as a young lad, (many years ago) I was "adopted" by the couple that lived down stairs from North Carolina. They said 2 Yankees would never survive if they weren't trained properly.

They introduced me to many southern treats, but to this day IU still can't eat Grits. Pop said I would always be a Yankee until I learned to eat "proper".

BBQ was an instant hit in my book, but I will NEVER surrender to Grits as a human food!

All American Nightmare

LOL! :)

The squirtgun has been long since been retired. Probably better than 2 years ago now. It was replaced by a bright orange Glockwannabe...

DisplayPic.aspx

The next OC class will be on October 23th....if you are interested, we're always taking volunteers for the "spray the bad guy" drill. LOL!!

I will volunteer to be sprayed if you will denounce the yankee way, eat BBQ with a side of Okra and and pledge a oath the the C.S.A!:D