• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Folk Festival

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
BBQ is GOOOOOOOOD

Grew up two blocks from the Dixie Pig. Pulled pork BBQ was a staple in the diet. Anyone who doesn't like Bar-B-Que is un american. Even Jursey has a large number of BBQ Restaurants.
:lol:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Grew up two blocks from the Dixie Pig. Pulled pork BBQ was a staple in the diet. Anyone who doesn't like Bar-B-Que is un american. Even Jursey has a large number of BBQ Restaurants.
:lol:

Ahhh but in NJ, BBQ is actually "Barbecue", meaning chicken cooked over a fire with barbecue sauce...not shredded roadkill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue

TFred

Ahhh but in NJ, BBQ is actually "Barbecue", meaning chicken cooked over a fire with barbecue sauce...not shredded roadkill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue
Just Curious, Pro, have you ever tried Virginia BBQ? They have the NC style (vinegar based, which I do not care for at all) and Virginia style (tomato based, which I love). You can get chicken, traditional pulled pork, or beef brisket. They also have one of the world's best potato salads. :)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just Curious, Pro, have you ever tried Virginia BBQ? They have the NC style (vinegar based, which I do not care for at all) and Virginia style (tomato based, which I love). You can get chicken, traditional pulled pork, or beef brisket. They also have one of the world's best potato salads. :)

TFred

Sliced beef brisket with a slightly sweet. full flavored hickory sauce is numero uno. Done right and you don't even need a knife - just a hearty appetite.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like we need a VCDL Barbecue Cook-Off! We can match real barbecue against whatever they call barbecue in Jersey. I am thinking Summer 2012...

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

TFred

I've never actually heard of that place before. Is it good?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Quick everybody, go about and edit your posts to reflect open carrying while participating in these barbecue related activities!!! Then we'll be on topic...

Blk97F150

Quick everybody, go about and edit your posts to reflect open carrying while participating in these barbecue related activities!!! Then we'll be on topic...

Or just make sure you are Open Carrying while typing on the keyboard.... :uhoh:

(Maybe he is just upset because Kentucky doesn't have any good BBQ places?? :p )

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES

This violates Forum rule #8.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Grapeshot. And you a moderator. You are an embarrassment to the ...shot clan.

. You're right of course, mostly and to some degree - but consider that w/o rules there can be no exceptions to the rules. :uhoh:

Events where we might OC (yet are not specific to OC) and are unique to that state/subforum are most appropriate in that regular state section. I did OC and campaign directly for OC at this event as I do at many similar non OC specific events throughout the year.

The BBQ conversations relate to what type of food is desired at our regular OC dinners and ProShooter's reluctance to even look at BBQ. It's a well know an insider joke, hence directly related to Greater Richmond Area Open Carry group.

Frequently I ask myself what would John do? In this case I think he would say "Carolina chopped" since there is no Indian cuisine being offered for consideration.

BTW - The proper way to refer to our clan is Shot, capitalized. It's another subject but am part and party to the Graham Clan.

Blk97F150

The BBQ conversations relate to what type of food is desired at our regular OC dinners....

To expand on that, an OC lunch was recently held at Virginia BBQ in Manassas. While I didn't make that event, I recall they were very accommodating to those that did... and had no issues with OC. (I can't seem to get the search engine to find that thread....). So.... BBQ and OC very much go hand in hand.... :banana:

scouser

ProShooter said:
I've never actually heard of that place before. Is it good?

There's one on Lakeside Avenue, practically opposite the firehouse. Come in from Hilliard heading towards Dumbarton Rd, and it's one, maybe two, blocks on your right before you get to the Farmers' Market. I've never tried it, when we are around there it's because we're having Sunday breakfast at Feathernesters which is owned by some friends of the wife and I and is just the other side of the building that has the old cars on display in it

Blk97F150 said:
Yep. Not as good as Buz & Neds in Richmond.... but still very good!

Buz & Neds is a favorite of mine, I'd go there everyday for lunch when working except it's a bitch of a place to park a truck. Q Barbeque, by the Wally World on Midlothian Turnpike, is a good one too and they also have a place in Hampton near the Coliseum. I also like Pierce's in Williamsburg, but not their sauce because it has cinnamon (which is something I don't like) in it.

I've carried in Buz & Neds, Q & Pierces without any problems.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

Q is very good as well. I've eaten in the Hampton one a couple of times. (Edit: Q is a lot like Rocklands... similar BBQ style).

I like Pierces too. When I have the chance I bring a quart of that home with me! :p

(To keep on topic, I'm Open Carrying an AR rifle while I type this...:uhoh: )

Last edited: