• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H.R. 822 (Bob Goodlatte, Randy Forbes)

45acpForMe

I received the following email and it shows the ways that letting the Federal govt set the rules allows them to make their adverse changes. I am not sure how pro-gun representatives Goodlatte and Forbes are but it may be worth a call to let them hear our voice against setting tighter restrictions on concealed carry.

As I type this, all-out war has been declared on your gun rights in Washington, D.C. by the House Judiciary Committee.

Your National Association for Gun Rights has been warning you that H.R. 822 is a Trojan Horse.

Just today, Republicans helped pass an amendment that orders the Feds to investigate the “safety” of mail-in CCW permits from states like Florida, Utah and New Hampshire.

If you possess a NH, FL or UT permit, the Feds are going to investigate if these permits are “safe.”

So-called “pro-gun” Republicans even KILLED an amendment that would have allowed permit holders to defend themselves in the District of Columbia, one of the most dangerous cities in the country.

Over the past two days, amendments have been offered to require REAL ID-type government requirements on state CCW permits as well as giving Eric Holder the power to classify even more gun owners as “terrorists.”

And while these amendments may have failed in the House, Harry Reid’s Senate is sure to put the screws to gun owners.

The Senate DOES have the votes to impose a HOST of anti-gun amendments to H.R. 822 much like they have done with legislation in the past.

While the institutional gun lobby has put its full support behind H.R. 822, gun owners just cannot afford for them to play poker with our gun rights.

I have listed the phone numbers for every Republican on the Judiciary Committee below. Please make as many calls as you can expressing your displeasure with H.R. 822, but do it quickly before this monster gets even worse.

-- Dudley

Please call these numbers and demand that H.R. 822 be defeated at all costs:

Rep.Lamar SmithR-TX202-225-4236
Rep.Trent FranksR-AZ202-225-4576
Rep.Darrell IssaR-CA202-225-3906
Rep.Benjamin QuayleR-AZ202-225-3361
Rep.Tim GriffinR-AZ202-225-2506
Rep.Dan LungrenR-CA202-225-5716
Rep.Elton GalleglyR-CA202-225-5811
Rep.Dennis RossR-FL202-225-1252
Rep.Sandy AdamsR-FL202-225-2706
Rep.Mike PenceR-IN202-225-3021
Rep.Steve KingR-IA202-225-4426
Rep.Howard CobleR-NC202-225-3065
Rep.Jim JordanR-OH202-225-2676
Rep.Steve ChabotR-OH202-225-2216
Rep.Tom MarinoR-PA202-225-3731
Rep.Trey GowdyR-SC202-225-6030
Rep.Louie GohmertR-TX202-225-3035
Rep.Ted PoeR-TX202-225-6565
Rep.Jason ChaffetzR-UT202-225-7751
Rep.Bob GoodlatteR-VA202-225-5431
Rep.Randy ForbesR-VA202-225-6365
Rep.James Sensenbrenner, Jr.R-WI202-225-5101

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Neither are true supporters of the Second Amendment and our RKBA, although they make noises in that general direction.

But since I've got unlimited long-distance calling and time on my hands I do not mind making a few phone calls. I might look up the "home office" nymbers and call there as well.

stay safe.

kcgunfan

I don't know who Dudley is, but he doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to legislative processes. Any bill can have any number of amendments attached to it, by either house, before the final vote. But, that's not a reason to vote it down. Vote it down on the amendments (if any), not because it can be amended. Even if the Senate does that, it still has to go through a conference committee and a final vote in both houses.

Is that the same guy that put out all of that misinformation about the bill a couple weeks ago?

Does anyone know where to find the proposed amendments and their status? I'd like to check out a couple things on them. I'm going to withhold comment on them until I read them for myself.

mrjam2jab

I don't know who Dudley is, but he doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to legislative processes. Any bill can have any number of amendments attached to it, by either house, before the final vote. But, that's not a reason to vote it down. Vote it down on the amendments (if any), not because it can be amended. Even if the Senate does that, it still has to go through a conference committee and a final vote in both houses.

Is that the same guy that put out all of that misinformation about the bill a couple weeks ago?

Does anyone know where to find the proposed amendments and their status? I'd like to check out a couple things on them. I'm going to withhold comment on them until I read them for myself.

11 out of 12 amendments deniedl