• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican Gathering Featuring Rand Paul

CharleyCherokee

Senator Rand Paul is going to be in Paducah down by the river tomorrow from 3:00 to 4:30pm. David Williams, Ed Whitfield, Todd P'Pool as well as other republican candidates for various other offices will be there as well. I will be down there, and if any of you happen to be near by for business or whatever I hope you can stop by too. Really I'll just be going there to hear Rand Paul speak. :D

langzaiguy

Wish I could be there! We are extremely lucky to have Rand Paul in the US Senate. I've also heard wonderful things about Todd P'Pool for Attorney General. He's certainly better than Jack Conway. I'm not too familiar with Ed Whitfield. I have no use for David Williams.

CharleyCherokee

I got to shake hands with Rand Paul, and Todd P'Pool which really has made my week. And before you ask... yes I was open carrying. :D

garyh9900

I have some very disturbing news. I recently heard the the NRA has endorsed Jack Conway for reelection as AG. They have given him an A rating. In my opinion this the NRA deciding that Conway is going to win and hoping to curry favor with him for the next four years. I don't know of any time that has worked. If Conway really values the NRA's endorsement, which I doubt, he should have to earn it. I don't think he has. I have little use for David Williams, either, but the worst scenario is Jerry Abramson getting closer to the the Governor's Mansion. It might be good to get Mr. Williams out of the Senate. Go Williams.
Remember this about NRA ratings: They have an incumbent friendly policy. They are also a single issue organization, meaning they could care less about any other issues.

garyh9900

BBBBut.... Jack Conway..... an A rating????!!!!!! Give me a break. By the way, I'm a Life Member of the NRA.
I am a life member as well. I don't know what they based their rating on, but they gave him an A which according to the NRA means he as supported gun rights while in office. I don't understand what they are using to base that on, since he doesn't vote for any legislation, and hasn't had an firearm related opinions that I recall. P' Pool got an AQ, which mean he gets an A based upon his questionnaire. My problem with P' Pool seems to be his lack of enthusiasm in regards to the Kentucky Open Meetings/Records act. I hold my right to have information below my right to bear arms, but it is still very important to me. I've had a couple of appeals to AG Conway, and I won both of them. It seems to be something that Conway really believes in.

garyh9900

"appeals to AG Conway"? I don't even know what that means.
If your request for open records or complaints regarding open meetings is denied by the local official who you are requesting info from you can appeal his/her denial to the Attorney General. The Attorney General takes your complaint and the denying officials response and determines who is right under the law. From what I've seen from P' Pool he doesn't support the degree of transparency the open records act is currently interpreted. You are entitled to almost unlimited information from you state, county, and local governments. You are also entitled to see/hear almost every discussion at public meetings(meaning they just cant decide a topic is to sensitive so they want to retreat to an executive session except for a very small exception). You would be surprised the stuff officials try to hide.