Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DoJ Emergency CCW Rules approved!

Herr Heckler Koch

DoJ Emergency CCW Rules approved!

http://wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=250214
    Quote Originally Posted by WisPolitics.com
    “Given the short timeline between the promulgation of the rules by the Department of Justice and the implementation of the concealed carry law, we have little choice but to approve the emergency rules," Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said in a statement. "Failure to do so could prevent the law from going into effect on November 1st. We’re hopeful that the Department of Justice improves the permanent rules substantially before sending them to the Administration and the legislature for approval.”
    http://wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=250279
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 10-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.

bah whatever

From the other article:

"The rules need to be reined in," Walker said. "We just got the rules dropped off - or the proposed emergency rules dropped off the other day - but I've talked to the attorney general (J.B. Van Hollen) about this, and I talked this morning to Pam Galloway, the state senator who authored it, and we both feel pretty strongly that the law was pretty clear-cut. There was a pretty limited role for administrative rules. It was more for the technical process that was used but that the parameters were very well set out in the state statutes."
    Put your money where your mouth is Walker. Personally I'd rather Walker keep the garbage rules out of the picture even if it means delaying things. I've waited this long.

Herr Heckler Koch

Statement from Governorís Press Secretary on the Department of Justiceís Emergency Co

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    bah whatever

Put your money where your mouth is Walker. Personally I'd rather Walker keep the garbage rules out of the picture even if it means delaying things. I've waited this long.
    Exactly. Coming from the guy who obliterated Constitutional Carry to begin with, his word means nothing.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Emergency means Emergency.... There is plenty of time to fix them after November 1st.

I have a bridge. It's a nice bridge. I can give you a deal. The deal of a lifetime actually. PM me.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

If it makes us feel better, at least Gov. Walker said that he hoped that the DOJ would improve on the rules before they are put into permant law. He could have said that he liked the changes that they did. I know, I know, I am really stretching for a positive side to this.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I have a bridge. It's a nice bridge. I can give you a deal. The deal of a lifetime actually. PM me.
    Sarcastic Pessimistic poster is Sarcastic and Pessimistic....

Hunter safety

Just to confirm, hunter's safety satisfies this requirement?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apet View Post
    Just to confirm, hunter's safety satisfies this requirement?
    Yes.

Screw this. I'm signing the recall petition.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    So, mayor barrett would of done better?

This particular problem is Van Hollen's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Sarcastic Pessimistic poster is Sarcastic and Pessimistic....
    When we quit getting stabbed in the back and have Constitutional Carry with optional permits I'll give you an extra 35% off my bridge. Because I like you.

Until then I call it the way it is playing out. Politics as usual with our input being the least of our elected employees' concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

Walker wanted a permit system and he got it. And no one forced him to sign off on the DOJ's rules today. We have spoken and he has flipped us the bird twice now.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-14-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Why so a liberal can get in? I'm no fan of the Republicans over this, no fan at all, but remember, it could be far, far worse. I still need to do some research on the other proposals (like if you get denied, your name goes on a publicly available list on the DOJ site).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Why so a liberal can get in?
    Newsflash. This little political theater everyone subscribes to is not working.

Question:
    How is it working out for us so far?
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Walker sent a strong message to DOJ to get there **** straight for the premanent rule-making process. If you would sign a recall petition at this point in the game, I would say you are a union demcrat. Several school districts have reported referrendums to bring property taxes back down. Wisconsin job growth has been more than half the national.

If we keep Walker in the Governors mansion and keep the majorities in the House and the Senate in the 2012 elections, we will see Constititional Carry in 2013. Several legislators have sworn to keep fighting for it. I have heard it said that is was the goal get Constitutional CArry before ORR lawsuits make it thorugh the courts and licensees information could be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

Walker needs to be sent a message loud and clear.

First he said he'd sign any CC bill that came to his desk, so we got the Constitutional Carry bill...then he said he'd like training, so we got a permit system with training....then he signs these "emergency" rules, THEN says he doesn't want the training time limits. Now we can face up to 9 months of these rules before anything definitive happens, including permenant "emergency" rules that become law. That the DOJ would be unprepared for Nov 1st if he rejected them is total and utter BS. Even if that were true, I'd rather wait then be saddled with something that turns CCW into a joke.
    Last edited by rcav8r; 10-14-2011 at 09:47 PM.

When we quit getting stabbed in the back and have Constitutional Carry with optional permits I'll give you an extra 35% off my bridge. Because I like you.

Until then I call it the way it is playing out. Politics as usual with our input being the least of our elected employees' concerns.

Walker wanted a permit system and he got it. And no one forced him to sign off on the DOJ's rules today. We have spoken and he has flipped us the bird twice now.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Word.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

I read act 35 and it all made sense. 20 pages, ok, doable.

I read the "emergency rules". 41 pages? wtf? All confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Walker sent a strong message to DOJ to get there **** straight for the premanent rule-making process. If you would sign a recall petition at this point in the game, I would say you are a union demcrat. Several school districts have reported referrendums to bring property taxes back down. Wisconsin job growth has been more than half the national.

If we keep Walker in the Governors mansion and keep the majorities in the House and the Senate in the 2012 elections, we will see Constititional Carry in 2013. Several legislators have sworn to keep fighting for it. I have heard it said that is was the goal get Constitutional CArry before ORR lawsuits make it thorugh the courts and licensees information could be made public.
    +1 This.

Unless you have a viable electable Republican replacement, it is far better to keep Walker in place. I can't imagine the Stupid Libtard Tricks which would happen at this point with a Democrat in the Governor's office, especially Barrett or one of his ilk..
    Walker has all but guaranteed only a single term as it is. At least let's get all we can out of him until the next general election. He has heard the outrage and I believe will do what he can to straighten out the DOJ proposed rules.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-15-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    +1 This.

Unless you have a viable electable Republican replacement...
    Why on earth does it have to be a Republicant?????

We have been willing participants in their (both parties) political theater for long enough.

Take a look around. It ain't working anymore.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

This is truly sad. This is like a bunch of subservient, pathetic beggars coming to the head thief in charge, asking; "Please Sir, may I have another bowl of gruel...?" The rat bast...s screwed us. Right where the sun don't shine and we got all giggly, like we actually got something. What we got was government intervention where it clearly is not needed, inconvenience in the extreme, exclusion for a large part of the population, more taxes, more government control and the 2nd amendment still reads "shall not be infringed."

There are only a few here who know how I feel 'cause they feel the same way. This is all BS. We should be running these Pieces of excrement out of town on a rail. Instead, we're begging them for crumbs. Do what you want. Just don't play like we don't know what really happened here. None of it was good. I don't compare the tyranny that I live under to anyone else. I compare it to the Constitution of the United States of America. We had constitutional carry. Pretty well sorted out. Just needed the ban on car carry lifted and a few other inconveniences.

Now, we've got big brother in our business and our wallets. Why, because we did not stand as one and make our will the law of the land. In my opinion, Walker did more damage then any liberal could have. Thanks for nuthin'!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    This is truly sad. This is like a bunch of subservient, pathetic beggars coming to the head thief in charge, asking; "Please Sir, may I have another bowl of gruel...?" The rat bast...s screwed us. Right where the sun don't shine and we got all giggly, like we actually got something. What we got was government intervention where it clearly is not needed, inconvenience in the extreme, exclusion for a large part of the population, more taxes, more government control and the 2nd amendment still reads "shall not be infringed."

There are only a few here who know how I feel 'cause they feel the same way. This is all BS. We should be running these Pieces of excrement out of town on a rail. Instead, we're begging them for crumbs. Do what you want. Just don't play like we don't know what really happened here. None of it was good. I don't compare the tyranny that I live under to anyone else. I compare it to the Constitution of the United States of America. We had constitutional carry. Pretty well sorted out. Just needed the ban on car carry lifted and a few other inconveniences.

Now, we've got big brother in our business and our wallets. Why, because we did not stand as one and make our will the law of the land. In my opinion, Walker did more damage then any liberal could have. Thanks for nuthin'!
    THIS. Thank you Hardballer. Well said.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    There's an old saying in Tennessee... Well, we got it in Texas, maybe it's in Tennessee..... Fool me once, shame on..... shame on you...... Fool me....... Got fooled can't get fooled again!.

I fixed it for ya.

http://youtu.be/eKgPY1adc0A
    Last edited by bluehighways; 10-15-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Newsflash. This little political theater everyone subscribes to is not working.

Question:
    How is it working out for us so far?
    We have CCW in Wis Nov.1st not perfect my any means. A huge step forward I surppose we could have are last governor back and have nothing. Look at the history of the CCW movement it is going in steps not one huge jump.

Yes consitutional carry would have been great and the way to go. But it didn't happen. Act 35 is a huge win. I guess the gov could have vetoed the rules then where would millions of gun owners be who are allready trained be. Right now millions of people in Wis are going to be able to get permits if they want hunters safety , vets ect.

I guess we should go back the way it was before.

Yes we have to work to change it for the better but it sure beats not haviing any.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast