Thread: Criminals spy on club members to steal guns.

Criminals spy on club members to steal guns.

Criminals spy on club members to steal guns
    BY DAN PROUDMAN
    15 Oct, 2011 04:00 AM
    ORGANISED criminals appear to be using surveillance to target gun club members to help fill their growing quotas on the black market.
    Nearly 50 firearms have been stolen in a series of raids across the Hunter since April, with many thefts involving rifles and shotguns ready-made to be used in violent crime.

Read More:

<http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/criminals-spy-on-club-members-to-steal-guns/2324529.aspx>
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

rifles and shotguns ready-made to be used in violent crime.
    barf!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    barf!
    If it wasnt so serious it would be funny.

I found this interesting. Police Down Under, were issued with firearms in 1894 to place them on equal footing with criminals.
    Haz.

NSW Police Timeline,

1894 - The Bridge Street Affray: a savage attack by three criminals on city police. Henceforth all police are permanently issued with firearms to place them on equal footing with criminals.

Link, <http://ten.com.au/recruits-the-police.htm>

************************************************** *************************

The common people are prohibited to be on equal footing with criminals. That makes no sense at all. Cheers Haz.
    Last edited by Haz.; 10-15-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Of course it does, Haz! The only "common person" is the police officer, everyone else is clearly a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Now that you know...

Nearly 50 firearms have been stolen in a series of raids across the Hunter since April, with many thefts involving rifles and shotguns ready-made to be used in violent crime.
    Work with your local PD to set traps for these jerks.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Safe keeping of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Now that you know...

Work with your local PD to set traps for these jerks.
    Theres much talk among licenced firearm owners that there may be a leak at the firearms registry. The recent spat of home invasions involving firearms theft, these crims seem to know exactly the addresses where firearms and stored, and they always arrive armed with the EXACT tools required to break open the PARTICULAR gun safes they expect to find there, and always when the owners are away, and they leave with nothing but the firearms. I was recently informed that the owner of a large security firm overheard on a scanner, police officers reporting back to base on their police radio, the addresses of firearms owners they had attended to do safe keeping checks. A target pistol club member recently said he had a safe keeping check done on a friday evening at 8, 8-30pm. he said he thought the police had better things to do at that time on a Friday evening when all the weekend drunken violence and muggings begin down under?

Cheers, Haz.
    Last edited by Haz.; 10-16-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    let em try to steal my guns. i have a HUGE 1,800lb safe. cant cut it with a blowtorch, cant pry it open and i live on the 3rd floor. would take 15 or so guys to remove it and my neighbors would definately notice :-p so let em try. the fact that people target gun clubs as a means to find out who has the guns........is sad. but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    let em try to steal my guns. i have a HUGE 1,800lb safe. cant cut it with a blowtorch, cant pry it open and i live on the 3rd floor. would take 15 or so guys to remove it and my neighbors would definately notice :-p so let em try. the fact that people target gun clubs as a means to find out who has the guns........is sad. but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them.
    Not everyone has an 1,800 lb safe, or lives on the third floor.

"but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them."

With respect, Down Under, one cannot even get a firearms licence, buy and register a firearm unless one has installed an approved, safe keeping firearms storage safe, which is inspected by police, so your above comment is meaningless. Every safe that was broken into more that complied with the rules set down by the government for the safe keeping of firearms. You should understand that criminals could break into Fort Knox if the set their minds to it. Cheers, Haz.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Theres much talk among licenced firearm owners that there may be a leak at the firearms registry. The recent spat of home invasions involving firearms theft, these crims seem to know exactly the addresses where firearms and stored, and they always arrive armed with the EXACT tools required to break open the PARTICULAR gun safes they expect to find there, and always when the owners are away, and they leave with nothing but the firearms. I was recently informed that the owner of a large security firm overheard on a scanner, police officers reporting back to base on their police radio, the addresses of firearms owners they had attended to do safe keeping checks. A target pistol club member recently said he had a safe keeping check done on a friday evening at 8, 8-30pm. he said he thought the police had better things to do at that time on a Friday evening when all the weekend drunken violence and muggings begin down under?

Cheers, Haz.
    If we didn't know any better, it would seem that the police are corrupt and using safe keeping checks to find out exactly what they need to take the guns. Or sell the information to someone else.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!