• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Criminals spy on club members to steal guns.

Haz.

Criminals spy on club members to steal guns.

Criminals spy on club members to steal guns
BY DAN PROUDMAN
15 Oct, 2011 04:00 AM
ORGANISED criminals appear to be using surveillance to target gun club members to help fill their growing quotas on the black market.
Nearly 50 firearms have been stolen in a series of raids across the Hunter since April, with many thefts involving rifles and shotguns ready-made to be used in violent crime.

Read More:

<http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/criminals-spy-on-club-members-to-steal-guns/2324529.aspx>

Haz.

If it wasnt so serious it would be funny.

I found this interesting. Police Down Under, were issued with firearms in 1894 to place them on equal footing with criminals.
Haz.

NSW Police Timeline,

1894 - The Bridge Street Affray: a savage attack by three criminals on city police. Henceforth all police are permanently issued with firearms to place them on equal footing with criminals.

Link, <http://ten.com.au/recruits-the-police.htm>

The common people are prohibited to be on equal footing with criminals. That makes no sense at all. Cheers Haz.

Last edited:

Jack House

Of course it does, Haz! The only "common person" is the police officer, everyone else is clearly a criminal. :rolleyes:

Haz.

Safe keeping of firearms.

Now that you know...

Work with your local PD to set traps for these jerks.

Theres much talk among licenced firearm owners that there may be a leak at the firearms registry. The recent spat of home invasions involving firearms theft, these crims seem to know exactly the addresses where firearms and stored, and they always arrive armed with the EXACT tools required to break open the PARTICULAR gun safes they expect to find there, and always when the owners are away, and they leave with nothing but the firearms. I was recently informed that the owner of a large security firm overheard on a scanner, police officers reporting back to base on their police radio, the addresses of firearms owners they had attended to do safe keeping checks. A target pistol club member recently said he had a safe keeping check done on a friday evening at 8, 8-30pm. he said he thought the police had better things to do at that time on a Friday evening when all the weekend drunken violence and muggings begin down under?

Cheers, Haz.

Last edited:

carry for myself

let em try to steal my guns. i have a HUGE 1,800lb safe. cant cut it with a blowtorch, cant pry it open and i live on the 3rd floor. would take 15 or so guys to remove it and my neighbors would definately notice :p so let em try. the fact that people target gun clubs as a means to find out who has the guns........is sad. but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them.

Haz.

let em try to steal my guns. i have a HUGE 1,800lb safe. cant cut it with a blowtorch, cant pry it open and i live on the 3rd floor. would take 15 or so guys to remove it and my neighbors would definately notice :p so let em try. the fact that people target gun clubs as a means to find out who has the guns........is sad. but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them.

Not everyone has an 1,800 lb safe, or lives on the third floor.

"but its also the responsibility of the firearm owner themselves to take the appropriate percautions to make sure that their firearm and or firearms are safely secure when they are not in direct control of them."

With respect, Down Under, one cannot even get a firearms licence, buy and register a firearm unless one has installed an approved, safe keeping firearms storage safe, which is inspected by police, so your above comment is meaningless. Every safe that was broken into more that complied with the rules set down by the government for the safe keeping of firearms. You should understand that criminals could break into Fort Knox if the set their minds to it. Cheers, Haz.

tombrewster421

Theres much talk among licenced firearm owners that there may be a leak at the firearms registry. The recent spat of home invasions involving firearms theft, these crims seem to know exactly the addresses where firearms and stored, and they always arrive armed with the EXACT tools required to break open the PARTICULAR gun safes they expect to find there, and always when the owners are away, and they leave with nothing but the firearms. I was recently informed that the owner of a large security firm overheard on a scanner, police officers reporting back to base on their police radio, the addresses of firearms owners they had attended to do safe keeping checks. A target pistol club member recently said he had a safe keeping check done on a friday evening at 8, 8-30pm. he said he thought the police had better things to do at that time on a Friday evening when all the weekend drunken violence and muggings begin down under?

Cheers, Haz.

If we didn't know any better, it would seem that the police are corrupt and using safe keeping checks to find out exactly what they need to take the guns. Or sell the information to someone else.