Thread: Zombie Ammo

Zombie Ammo

"The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

That's just awesome!

Nice marketing ploy.. I wonder how it performs?

Great company with an even better sense of humor.

How long until their October marketing idea is vilified by someone supposedly on our side?

Love it!
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Looks like they just repackaged Critical Defense.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Trent91 View Post
    Nice marketing ploy.. I wonder how it performs?
    It's the same as their other ammo with the red polymer insert, just changed to green. I'm going to get some for fun, it will probably be a short production and be collectable.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

here is the ad for them.

awesome!

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    too bad they dont make it for .357 SIG. i would buy a few boxes just for fun :-D
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Might have to buy some of their 9mm luger SD rounds for the heck of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Their disclaimer is funny:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Their disclaimer is funny:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

drug addicts can easily be mistaken for a zombie depending on how much they have in their system.................just saying :-D
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    drug addicts can easily be mistaken for a zombie depending on how much they have in their system.................just saying :-D
    Haha! Very true! Half the people I work with are always high, and I can't tell the difference =P

made this just for the ammo..........remind yourself!.........noone is safe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc7e8c0b-3835-4d82-94ca-55db10d28a8b.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	7155  

I hope no one uses that ammo in a defensive gun use....the Prosecution is going to be instructing the Jury, that the Defendant was using ZOMBIE ammo..the Jury is not going to think highly of the shooter... he was using ZOMBIE ammo he must have been crazy... GUILTY

Use only store bought Home defense / personal defense ammunition...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-19-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Someone pleas tell me how this ammo is better for zed then regular ammo? How is it different than normal JHP? Would it make a good SD (from zed) round?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta9mm (army) View Post
    Someone pleas tell me how this ammo is better for zed then regular ammo? How is it different than normal JHP? Would it make a good SD (from zed) round?
    when the zombies come marching ( that should be any time now, just look at Wall street ) a cci blazer target FMJ round to the head will drop em just as good as anything else...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I'm just woundering how this round differs from normal JHP? What makes it differen?

I'm just woundering how this round differs from normal JHP? What makes it differen?
    Maybe if you read the thread, you would have seen where I said that is the same as their other ammo. Just a changed box, and green instead of red polymer insert. I'll just assume you pulled a 24 hour shift, and was too tired to catch that. I definitely want some for the heck of it. Stay safe over there!
    SFC (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    I hope no one uses that ammo in a defensive gun use....the Prosecution is going to be instructing the Jury, that the Defendant was using ZOMBIE ammo..the Jury is not going to think highly of the shooter... he was using ZOMBIE ammo he must have been crazy... GUILTY

Use only store bought Home defense / personal defense ammunition...
    I think this is a bit of a stretch. I do agree that you'd probably have a tough time explaining it though.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Who or what is zed?
    Last edited by Daylen; 10-21-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Who or what is zed?
    zed=zombies
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Someone pleas tell me how this ammo is better for zed then regular ammo?
    Different <> better.

How is it different than normal JHP?
    It's labeled "zombie" as opposed to "personal and home defense."

Would it make a good SD (from zed) round?
    I believe it's a poor choice, not because of the physical characteristics of the ammunition itself, but because of its being labeled "zombie" renders it less defensible in court. Recall, if you will, the horrible problems Winchester had with it's Black Talon ammo. With its "lubalox" coating, it earned an undeserved reputation as "cop-killer" or "armor-piercing" round.

Wonder what reputation zombie ammunition will earn?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Different <> better.

It's labeled "zombie" as opposed to "personal and home defense."

I believe it's a poor choice, not because of the physical characteristics of the ammunition itself, but because of its being labeled "zombie" renders it less defensible in court. Recall, if you will, the horrible problems Winchester had with it's Black Talon ammo. With its "lubalox" coating, it earned an undeserved reputation as "cop-killer" or "armor-piercing" round.

Wonder what reputation zombie ammunition will earn?
    Flavor of the times, racist.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.