• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zombie Ammo

since9

Campaign Veteran
Someone pleas tell me how this ammo is better for zed then regular ammo?

Different <> better.

How is it different than normal JHP?

It's labeled "zombie" as opposed to "personal and home defense."

Would it make a good SD (from zed) round?

I believe it's a poor choice, not because of the physical characteristics of the ammunition itself, but because of its being labeled "zombie" renders it less defensible in court. Recall, if you will, the horrible problems Winchester had with it's Black Talon ammo. With its "lubalox" coating, it earned an undeserved reputation as "cop-killer" or "armor-piercing" round.

Wonder what reputation zombie ammunition will earn?

Daylen

Different <> better.

It's labeled "zombie" as opposed to "personal and home defense."

I believe it's a poor choice, not because of the physical characteristics of the ammunition itself, but because of its being labeled "zombie" renders it less defensible in court. Recall, if you will, the horrible problems Winchester had with it's Black Talon ammo. With its "lubalox" coating, it earned an undeserved reputation as "cop-killer" or "armor-piercing" round.

Wonder what reputation zombie ammunition will earn?

Flavor of the times, racist.