• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a chance for open carry demonstration?

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Mitchell

Good morning,

I would think that a march in to Warren, in a show of support would be something to consider.

TheSzerdi

Personally I have no desire to tempt any of those crazies into making me shoot them in self-defense. So unless my security company sends me down there, I will happily stay away.

autosurgeon

I will have nothing to do with the loons and baffoons that cannot even articulate what they are protesting about. To be perfectly honest the interviews sound like they went to a mental hospital. These nuts are just looking for a fight and several have said they want a Kent State type confrontation. I would recomend staying far away.

Sent from my Inspire 4G via Tapatalk flying mail monkeys

Evil Creamsicle

hahaha... OK so the very first person quoted in the article is someone I went to school with and is friends with some people I still know from high school...

So I can say confidently from personal experience... this would not be a welcoming crowd for OCers... we'll probably wanna stay away from this one.

HKcarrier

I will have nothing to do with the loons and baffoons that cannot even articulate what they are protesting about. To be perfectly honest the interviews sound like they went to a mental hospital. These nuts are just looking for a fight and several have said they want a Kent State type confrontation. I would recomend staying far away.

Sent from my Inspire 4G via Tapatalk flying mail monkeys

Saw this pic on a friend's FB page... had a good laugh..

08Hmp.jpg

Glad to see some young people poking a bit of fun at the protesters as well...

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
We should be very careful about criticizing others....

We (OCers) do not like being called names such as zealots, nutts, gun whacko's etc... yet some of us are willing to poke fun at these folks? Now they may not make a lot of sense to some of us but, remember we don't make a lot of sense to most Americans yet. My understanding of this group is they take issue (however disorganized) with the 1% of US corporations and Uber wealthy that get special breaks, benefits etc... I don't have a dog in this fight. The way I see it is we should make it very clear that we support all constitutional rights, especially those such as the 1A, that benefit directly from the 2A and vice versa. Whether we agree with them or not, we should avoid publicly demeaning them. If we take the high road and state we support their right to peacefully assemble and air their grievances, they may see us as the good guys/gals we are, and not the gun nuts they thought we were.

As with many things in life you will find that, often there are more things to bind us together than to divide us. Just saying sugar & spice works far better than urine & vinegar in most cases.

Last edited:

WCrawford

We (OCers) do not like being called names such as zealots, nutts, gun whacko's etc... yet some of us are willing to poke fun at these folks? Now they may not make a lot of sense to some of us but, remember we don't make a lot of sense to most Americans yet. My understanding of this group is they take issue (however disorganized) with the 1% of US corporations and Uber wealthy that get special breaks, benefits etc... I don't have a dog in this fight. The way I see it is we should make it very clear that we support all constitutional rights, especially those such as the 1A, that benefit directly from the 2A and vice versa. Whether we agree with them or not, we should avoid publicly demeaning them. If we take the high road and state we support their right to peacefully assemble and air their grievances, they may see us as the good guys/gals we are, and not the gun nuts they thought we were.

As with many things in life you will find that, often there are more things to bind us together than to divide us. Just saying sugar & spice works far better than urine & vinegar in most cases.

Most of the interviews with the OWS people show that they have no clue to why they are protesting beyond their hatred of the rich.

I do share the dislike (as a very few have articulated) of crony capitalism, but I would not dare associate with the union thugs or Communist sympathizers joining the ranks of the clueless.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Most of the interviews with the OWS people show that they have no clue to why they are protesting beyond their hatred of the rich.

I do share the dislike (as a very few have articulated) of crony capitalism, but I would not dare associate with the union thugs or Communist sympathizers joining the ranks of the clueless.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Wasn't suggesting anyone associate with them, was just trying to stop the bash fest going on here; as we are smarter than that in my opinion ;) Nothing worse than being labeled gun nuts that do not support the bill of rights :eek:

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

You are absolutely right, we should be careful with RIGHTS.

The Protesters for OWS have RIGHTS - Peacefully Assemble and Freedom of Expression. On this point we agree - we should support those RIGHTS.

The Posters on OCDO have RIGHTS - Freedom of Association and Freedom of Expression (as allowed by Forum Rules). On this point we disagree - I support the RIGHTS of OCDO Members to EXPRESS THEMSELVES FREELY, whereas you do not. One CAN Support the Rights of OWS Protesters WHILE Freely Expressing Themselves, whether they AGREE with the Message or Not.

Personally, I would rather others see us for what we are - Supportive Of Rights.

HKcarrier

Sure they have rights... no one here said they didn't. Absolutely 1,000% they should beable to protest.. I believe the KKK should beable to hold their protests and I would stand up for their right to do as such... evne though I know they are complete morons and their way of thinking is worthy of ridicule. Even the westboro idiots... they have the right to protest... and I support that. Though I wish everyone would just ignore them.. they crave the attention.

As far as comments of treat them nice so they will see what great guys we are... well good luck with that..

I can agree with treat them nice because we're good people and we follow the golden rule.. but we likely will NEVER see any return from our behavior.

I think the protesters are misguided and ill informed. Corporations don't pay taxes. They pass the tax cost along to the end consumer.

I agree whole heartedly with the person that referenced cronie capatalism, and there definately needs to be steps taken to keep people on the up and up, but the people crying about "redistribution of wealth" apparently don't realize what a EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT is.

40-50% of the people don't pay fed. taxes. Many of them get the earned income tax credit that is REFUNDABLE, so they end up getting FREE MONEY.

Mystifies me why they think they should get MORE and PAY LESS... huh?

I like this speech from one of my fav. movies though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ8imPmQ0js

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
You are absolutely right, we should be careful with RIGHTS.

The Protesters for OWS have RIGHTS - Peacefully Assemble and Freedom of Expression. On this point we agree - we should support those RIGHTS.

The Posters on OCDO have RIGHTS - Freedom of Association and Freedom of Expression (as allowed by Forum Rules). On this point we disagree - I support the RIGHTS of OCDO Members to EXPRESS THEMSELVES FREELY, whereas you do not. One CAN Support the Rights of OWS Protesters WHILE Freely Expressing Themselves, whether they AGREE with the Message or Not.

Personally, I would rather others see us for what we are - Supportive Of Rights.

Really, you think that? I support ALL OF "OUR" rights. The problem is your "OUR" is the OC community or anyone else you agree with. My "OUR" is all US citizens, regardless if I agree with them or not. I was simply pointing out that "we" get upset when others rip on us for our legal activities, so to do this to others who are exercising their rights lawfully is hypocritical at best. WORDSMITH AWAY PD....

PDinDetroit

Really, you think that? I support ALL OF "OUR" rights. The problem is your "OUR" is the OC community or anyone else you agree with. My "OUR" is all US citizens, regardless if I agree with them or not. I was simply pointing out that "we" get upset when others rip on us for our legal activities, so to do this to others who are exercising their rights lawfully is hypocritical at best. WORDSMITH AWAY PD....

Will do!

Glock9mmOldStyle said:

Important part bolded above for emphasis. Telling others to "avoid" certain postings is against Freedom of Expression.