• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a chance for open carry demonstration?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
my personal feeling in suggesting open carry at an occupy protest is not that open carry would necessarily support the specific message. more that it would support the right of those to bring their message without harassment. a first and second amendment hand in hand situation.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Will do!

Important part bolded above for emphasis. Telling others to "avoid" certain postings is against Freedom of Expression.

So saying we should avoid demeaning a group of people (regardless if we like them or not) is not stripping anyone of their freedom of expression - PLEASE - that's the best argument you have PD? You would cowardly suggest I shrug off my right to voice my concern with how negative the thread was becoming? Isn't that the very thing you are accusing me of? It's my opinion, that is all. Hey flame away at any large group or individuals you want, that is your right. Now is that helping how we are perceived by the general public who may read this forum? Probably not.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
my personal feeling in suggesting open carry at an occupy protest is not that open carry would necessarily support the specific message. more that it would support the right of those to bring their message without harassment. a first and second amendment hand in hand situation.

I like your passion Sir. I would happily stand with you in support of all civil liberties. From the tone of this thread I don't think many others feel the same here....? I guess some peoples freedoms are off limits, but go ahead and trample the rights of anyone else outside of the 2A "circle of trust".

PDinDetroit

So saying we should avoid demeaning a group of people (regardless if we like them or not) is not stripping anyone of their freedom of expression - PLEASE - that's the best argument you have PD? You would cowardly suggest I shrug off my right to voice my concern with how negative the thread was becoming? Isn't that the very thing you are accusing me of? It's my opinion, that is all. Hey flame away at any large group or individuals you want, that is your right. Now is that helping how we are perceived by the general public who may read this forum? Probably not.

You suggested that people here on OCDO should not express Negative Expressions towards these OWS People. To me, that is not supporting Freedom of Expression and I pointed that out which apparently you take issue with. Whether or not it "helps our cause", I did not address whatsoever.

To date, I have not expressed ANY POSITION HERE ON OCDO TOWARDS OWS.

I thought you were better that to attempt to engage in Personal Attacks, but these threads and others have shown you different that I believed you to be.

HKcarrier

As far as comments of treat them nice so they will see what great guys we are... well good luck with that..

I can agree with treat them nice because we're good people and we follow the golden rule.. but we likely will NEVER see any return from our behavior. .

Doing unto others isnt about what they might do for you, its about doing it out of kindness or simply character.

They might follow your lead.

You must not read very well. Obviously following the golden rule is about treating others how you would like to be treated... and for that reason only.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
You suggested that people here on OCDO should not express Negative Expressions towards these OWS People. To me, that is not supporting Freedom of Expression and I pointed that out which apparently you take issue with. Whether or not it "helps our cause", I did not address whatsoever.

To date, I have not expressed ANY POSITION HERE ON OCDO TOWARDS OWS.

I thought you were better that to attempt to engage in Personal Attacks, but these threads and others have shown you different that I believed you to be.

With all your attempts to wordsmith, twist, spin, etc... My "opinion" as some type of edict to the OC movement - you have shown your true self here PD, You fixate on one word or sentence and throw the context of the entire post out the window?. I wish you all the best regardless of your views. It seems that if someone doesn't post what you like, then you begin a character assassination campaign?

Maybe this is a simple case of type vs. in person communication (it is easy to read too much or too little into things typed) I would be happy to discuss any of this with you in person, if you would like? Give me a call, you have my phone number.

Last edited:

rvd4now

With all your attempts to wordsmith, twist, spin, etc... My "opinion" as some type of edict to the OC movement - you have shown your true self here PD, You fixate on one word or sentence and throw the context of the entire post out the window?. I wish you all the best regardless of your views. It seems that if someone doesn't post what you like, then you begin a character assassination campaign?

Maybe this is a simple case of type vs. in person communication (it is easy to read too much or too little into things typed) I would be happy to discuss any of this with you in person, if you would like? Give me a call, you have my phone number.

dame...

PDinDetroit

I invite you to find here in this thread where I did a "character assassination campaign" and post it back for all to see. I purposefully stayed away from Personal Attacks, but I did challenge you on the substance of your post. Instead of staying with the Substance, you got Personal and call me a Hypocrite and a Coward.

I find it ironic that you advise others to refrain from Personal Attacks against the OWS Protesters but yet you freely engage in Personal Attacks against fellow OCDO Members.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I invite you to find here in this thread where I did a "character assassination campaign" and post it back for all to see. I purposefully stayed away from Personal Attacks, but I did challenge you on the substance of your post. Instead of staying with the Substance, you got Personal and call me a Hypocrite and a Coward.

I find it ironic that you advise others to refrain from Personal Attacks against the OWS Protesters but yet you freely engage in Personal Attacks against fellow OCDO Members.

Read through your posts please. YOU made assumptions, and assertions to my intent/message. I KNOW WHAT I MEANT. It is clear you are simply nit picking and prodding here. If you feel that you have been personally attacked contact the mods. I'll wait to here from them. Continue your circular conversation.

PDinDetroit

Read through your posts please. YOU made assumptions, and assertions to my intent/message. I KNOW WHAT I MEANT. It is clear you are simply nit picking and prodding here. If you feel that you have been personally attacked contact the mods. I'll wait to here from them. Continue your circular conversation.

Making assumptions and assertions as to your intent/message is not the same as "character assassination campaign" to which you have accused me of. Since you have not posted any evidence of such, I will now assume that you have none.

BTW - I did not report your posts, I simply called you out on them.

At this point, I simply agree to disagree with you and bid you good luck in all that you do.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Making assumptions and assertions as to your intent/message is not the same as "character assassination campaign" to which you have accused me of. Since you have not posted any evidence of such, I will now assume that you have none.

BTW - I did not report your posts, I simply called you out on them.

At this point, I simply agree to disagree with you and bid you good luck in all that you do.

Ditto, ditto Sir.

Evil Creamsicle

Check out what happened at the Californistan one...
The LA Times is reporting that Occupy Oakland Protester and veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Scott Olsen will need brain surgery to alleviate the swelling caused by the police crackdown last night in the bay city. Olsen cannot speak at this point but has shown the ability to write a little.

lapeer20m

HKcarrier

Even though I think the occupy idiots are... well idiots... I VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE with the way they are being cracked down on.