• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jeff Fitzgerald Running For US Senate - Torpedo this sell out

oak1971

They all stink to high heaven. Neuman needs to get a real job and stop running for office for a living. Fitzgerald is just another statist wanting to control the unwashed masses. It is a rotten shame that we have to choose from those two and Tommy Thomson who is a progressive Republican who never saw a tax dollar he didn't want to spend on public do goodery. :cuss:

cheezhed

I think that the focus on the economy by the republicans is great but I don't know why there can't be a focus on civil liberties also. Will we end up like Singapore where they have a better than average economy but live with a lot less liberty than we do? Why can't the economic recovery coincide with a resurgence in civil liberties? I think that they go hand in hand. Many of our economic problems come from over regulation just as many of the infringements of our freedoms do.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I think that the focus on the economy by the republicans is great but I don't know why there can't be a focus on civil liberties also. Will we end up like Singapore where they have a better than average economy but live with a lot less liberty than we do? Why can't the economic recovery coincide with a resurgence in civil liberties? I think that they go hand in hand. Many of our economic problems come from over regulation just as many of the infringements of our freedoms do.
Gave us #Occupy Wall Street et alii.

Enjoying civil liberties depends essentially on discipline that is utterly non-existent in Gen Wannabe. Don't trust anyone under thirty.

HandyHamlet

It's been said by others, and dismissed, but we need to acknowledge, WE LOST! The Repubs. had 19 seats, now they have 17.

And yet the Republicants seem oblivious to the message that was sent. Nope. Business as usual for the professional politicians. In fact now one of them wants to be rewarded for his general asshatery with a seat in the US Senate...

Enjoying civil liberties depends essentially on discipline that is utterly non-existent in Gen Wannabe. Don't trust anyone under thirty.

Sarcasm?

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

The Republican platform (2010, and 2011) was for no permit carry for WI. The Fitz brothers and Walker went against the platform. Now WI may face mandated training for OC, something that has never been required in state history.
The Republican leadership put the union bargaining thing through with 100,000 people protesting against, but could put Constitutional Carry through without a single protester. That in and of it's self screams HYPOCRITE like nothing else.

A doctor or a banker kills somebody drunk driving, do we say gee, they did so much good, we shouldn't crucify them for just one mistake, right? Maybe if we actually started holding our elected officials responsible for their actions, we would be better off.

Cite....????[/COLOR]

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

The Republican platform (2010, and 2011) was for no permit carry for WI. The Fitz brothers and Walker went against the platform. Now WI may face mandated training for OC, something that has never been required in state history.
The Republican leadership put the union bargaining thing through with 100,000 people protesting against, but could put Constitutional Carry through without a single protester. That in and of it's self screams HYPOCRITE like nothing else.

A doctor or a banker kills somebody drunk driving, do we say gee, they did so much good, we shouldn't crucify them for just one mistake, right? Maybe if we actually started holding our elected officials responsible for their actions, we would be better off.

Cite...?????

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil piss on that, I'll be voting outside the box...

+1

It was weird because I kept getting this dirty feeling that wouldn't wash off and I finally figured out what it was. Voting for the lesser of two d-bags all the way down the ticket in 2010. I figured out what was causing it when I was able to check the box next to a libertarian and immediately felt better. Now that I've figured it out, I can at least walk away with a clean conscience and feel clean again after a shower. I'm only voting for true liberty minded candidates from now on, and if they aren't on the ticket, I'll write them in.

Last edited:

Kc.38

+1

It was weird because I kept getting this dirty feeling that wouldn't wash off and I finally figured out what it was. Voting for the lesser of two d-bags all the way down the ticket in 2010. I figured out what was causing it when I was able to check the box next to a libertarian and immediately felt better. Now that I've figured it out, I can at least walk away with a clean conscience and feel clean again after a shower. I'm only voting for true liberty minded candidates from now on, and if they aren't on the ticket, I'll write them in.

I could not agree more however, a vote for a person without a ghost of a chance to win is the same as not voting at all. The results are that in reality you just voted for the least desireable of the two main candidates by not casting a vote against them. Each vote cast has the weight of two votes, one vote for a candidate and one vote against the other candidate. A non-vote only counts for one vote. I will agree that this is kind of fuzzy math. :uhoh:

HandyHamlet

I could not agree more however, a vote for a person without a ghost of a chance to win is the same as not voting at all.

Bullsh*t.

If everyone started voting with their brains instead of insisting on maintaining the status quo we would not be in the sh*t storm we are enjoying now.

Eventually we as voters are either going to grow a pair.... or learn Chinese. Those are the options.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Handy; mei guan xi. Ta men shen jing bing......wo cao....
Gun kai! Ni zui le! An unprincipled vote is an unprincipled vote. To be sure, the Chinese is "Roll open" and "you're crazy drunk" in two different dialects.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Handy; mei guan xi. Ta men shen jing bing......wo cao....

Gun kai! Ni zui le! An unprincipled vote is an unprincipled vote. To be sure, the Chinese is "Roll open" and "you're crazy drunk" in two different dialects.

LOL, Literally yes, but pretty much G*T*F*O* Want it in one dialect? I believe it would be something like:

Gun Kai! ni shi ge sa jiu feng! Or Ni shi ge feng jiu gui! (I might be a little off)

I don't claim to know too much Chinese, but I've nearly mastered the bad stuff. I bet that I can get slapped in under 5 seconds. :p

In the mean time, Handy is still googling....LOL

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Cite...?????

Outdoorsman1

I believe he was refereing to a news article, where the writer expressed the opinion that there should be the same mandated training for OC. Just an opinion of a journalist. Most legislators know that Constitutions would have to be changed before contemplating that.

tomm1963

It's been said by others, and dismissed, but we need to acknowledge, WE LOST! The Repubs. had 19 seats, now they have 17.

The Progressive Machine is up and running in WI, not the conservative one. There are 72 counties, let me know how many are posting their buildings. The counties that do have county boards run by the Progressives. The Progressive machine intends to not only recall Walker, but EVERY Republican Senator they can. They already have "their" candidates selected for the Assembly elections in 2012, the Repubs. cannot even field a viable candidates.

My prediction is the recall will be 100% successful, we will go far far left/blue and we already have Senators and Assembly people stating they will introduce modifications to CCW to require 8 hours training for both CC and OC.

If we would have gotten Constitutional Carry, just REPEAL the damned prohibited places and move on, we would have been better off.

As to not having the votes, it was in the GOP platform two years in a row, how could they not have the votes???
There was 100,000 people protesting the "tools" they RAMMED it through anyway. There wasn't anybody protesting against Constitutional Carry, and they didn't have the votes??? NOPE, they didn't have the votes because of RINOs. Everybody sees them for what they are. They voted for smaller government, and then voted to create a new bureaucracy. When you go to the poles and have to hold your nose, many simply won't go to the poles, meaning the progressives win.

This is nothing new. Republicans vowing to be conservative, then going squishy as soon as the left shrieks. Gingrich and the contract with America, the early Bush years. Once the RINO's disenchant the conservative base, the base stays home on election day. We end up with Obama, Doyle and the like. This is why being active in the primaries is so important. Get rid of the RINO while you still have a choice.

One thing the Democraps are much better at is slamming through garbage legislation even when they know the fat lady has begun to sing. The Doyle administration was passing bill after lousy bill when it was clear they were toast. As the were dragging Diamond Jim from the governors mansion he was still trying to get his signature onto any bill he could.

But what have the Republicans done since the fall session convened? Nada, Zip, Zilch, Worried about losing power so now they are floating ideas of becoming more centrist. They should be passing legislation as fast and as much as they can so IF they lose power it would take many years for the Dems to undo it all.