• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jeff Fitzgerald Running For US Senate - Torpedo this sell out

bmwguy11

Here's the opportunity to slap this RINO down for obstructing Constitutional Carry. Do all you can to make sure he has an ice-cubes chance in he!! of getting to the US Senate. Fund and support other candidates, make sure he knows gun rights people are working hard against him.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/wis-gop-speaker-jeff-fitzgerald-running-for-senate.php

He is not a RINO. And he has done a great job. I'm not going to "torpedo" him just cuz we didn't get CC. That's something liberals do. Temper tantrums, fits, recalls just because they didn't get their way on one issue. So right now you sound like a democrat.

Wihunter

He is not a RINO. And he has done a great job. I'm not going to "torpedo" him just cuz we didn't get CC. That's something liberals do. Temper tantrums, fits, recalls just because they didn't get their way on one issue. So right now you sound like a democrat.

A nice, common sense post, thank you.

Support The 2nd

I AGREE, Fitzgerald does NOT deserve anyone's support.

The Republican platform (2010, and 2011) was for no permit carry for WI. The Fitz brothers and Walker went against the platform. Now WI may face mandated training for OC, something that has never been required in state history.

The Republican leadership put the union bargaining thing through with 100,000 people protesting against, but could put Constitutional Carry through without a single protester. That in and of it's self screams HYPOCRITE like nothing else.

A doctor or a banker kills somebody drunk driving, do we say gee, they did so much good, we shouldn't crucify them for just one mistake, right? Maybe if we actually started holding our elected officials responsible for their actions, we would be better off.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Now WI may face mandated training for OC, something that has never been required in state history.
How do you arrive at this conclusion given the content of 2011 Act 35 and DoJ emergency rule JUS 17 - indeed from any public debate?

BROKENSPROKET

The Republican platform (2010, and 2011) was for no permit carry for WI. The Fitz brothers and Walker went against the platform. Now WI may face mandated training for OC, something that has never been required in state history.

The Republican leadership put the union bargaining thing through with 100,000 people protesting against, but could put Constitutional Carry through without a single protester. That in and of it's self screams HYPOCRITE like nothing else.

A doctor or a banker kills somebody drunk driving, do we say gee, they did so much good, we shouldn't crucify them for just one mistake, right? Maybe if we actually started holding our elected officials responsible for their actions, we would be better off.

For what the GOP has accomplished in Wiscosin this year so far, I stand firm that the deserve our support.

Let Jeff Fitzgerald run to keep the seat he has now.

I do agree that he should not get the nomination for the US Senate seat.

Kc.38

We have to remember that with this scenerio ^ it would be like replacing the doctor or banker with a mass murderer and rapist and an all around BG. If these people are voted out of office you can bet that they will be replaced with someone far worse like Doyle. Do you divorce your wife because she makes one meal you don't like?
We have to look at the big picture, If we are willing to vote someone out of office because of just one item, we need to get a life as there are a lot of other problems in our state other then not getting Constitutional Carry. I too do not like what has happened, but I believe that our best hope of improving things is to stay with the people that have gotten us this far. Remember, we weren't doing so good without them. IMHO,"Dance with the girl that brung ya"

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil piss on that, I'll be voting outside the box.

We had the winning hand, They bluffed we folded , The best we were going to get my a$$ , For Lena Taylor to have supported the conceal carry bill she had to have been in the know as to how things were really going to be.
i'm with support the 2nd on this.

BROKENSPROKET

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil piss on that, I'll be voting outside the box.

We had the winning hand, They bluffed we folded , The best we were going to get my a$$ , For Lena Taylor to have supported the conceal carry bill she had to have been in the know as to how things were really going to be.
i'm with support the 2nd on this.
Lena had to support it, just ask her mother.

BROKENSPROKET

We have to remember that with this scenerio ^ it would be like replacing the doctor or banker with a mass murderer and rapist and an all around BG. If these people are voted out of office you can bet that they will be replaced with someone far worse like Doyle. Do you divorce your wife because she makes one meal you don't like?
We have to look at the big picture, If we are willing to vote someone out of office because of just one item, we need to get a life as there are a lot of other problems in our state other then not getting Constitutional Carry. I too do not like what has happened, but I believe that our best hope of improving things is to stay with the people that have gotten us this far. Remember, we weren't doing so good without them. IMHO,"Dance with the girl that brung ya"

I thoroughly get your point and aggree with you, but I wouldn't equate a bad meal with constitutional right. She could screw up many meals, and I would eat everyone of them with a smile on my face if we had the same values and goals. I may marry a woman that can cook, but that is not what I would marry her for.

I wonder if Hardballer and others would accept higher unemployment, higher income taxes, higher property taxes, bigger goverment and regulations and fees in trade for Constitutional Carry. Unfringed 2A Rights and the beginning of zombie season. For some that may be a dream.

Under Scott Walkers leadership, Wisconsin in moving in the right direction in many areas. The budget was balanced without raising income or property taxes and Wisconsin has the highest job growth in the nation. In some of those school districts that used the 'tools', property taxes are coming down. Wisconsin Government is getting reigned in. The Dept. of Commerce was reinvented and the DNR is being changed to be much more customer oriented. Walker has even come out and said that the DOJ does not have the right to do what they did with CCW rules.

We got one of the best CCW laws in the nation, but to some, that is absolutely phuking garbage, because its not what they wanted. It's not what I wanted, but I accept it, and continue to fight. Many Constitutional Carry activists are unaware of how they work against their own agenda. Act like a spoiled brat and see just how receptive your legislator will be in listening to you in the future. I am not saying that we don't have a right to be discontent, but how we communicate that can have a negative impact.

As far as CCW, Walker kept his promise, he did sign what got to his desk. IF Ed Flynn and Chief of Police Assoc. and conservative talkshow hosts in Milwaukee did not come out against Constitutional Carry the way they did, it would have been a better chance. Regardless of all that, I still don't think there was enough consensus in the GOP Senate to pass it anyway.

Mark my words, if we keep the majorities, Constitutional Carry will be reintroduced in 2013 along with Stand Your Ground legislation. We have to keep educating our legislators. These issues will be brought up in the 2012 elections.

Last edited:

tomm1963

really hmm... the official republican party platform is for constitutional carry, yet Fitzgerald was instrumental in stopping it for a permit system. Sounds RINO to me. The DOJ nonsense we are now dealing with all hangs on him. And yes his stance should have consequences. That's not a tantrum. Its accountability. If he wants to be a squishy middle kind of guy I will not support him. I will work against him. And working against him doesn't mean I support l Leana Taylor or some other liberal-anti. See there is this thing called a primary election where I still have choices. I am not stuck with the lesser of two evils, yet.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Here's the opportunity to slap this RINO down for obstructing Constitutional Carry. Do all you can to make sure he has an ice-cubes chance in he!! of getting to the US Senate. Fund and support other candidates, make sure he knows gun rights people are working hard against him.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/wis-gop-speaker-jeff-fitzgerald-running-for-senate.php

In the primary, I will most likely vote for Neuman. In the general election, I will vote Republican, whomever it is.

BROKENSPROKET

In the primary, I will most likely vote for Neuman. In the general election, I will vote Republican, whomever it is.

I got a huge smile on my face the day he announced he was running. I am a big Walker fan now, but I did not vote for him in the primary. I voted Nueman.

We have to do everything we can to keep Thompson and Fitzgerald away from the GOP nomination. Mark Nueman would be a great ally for Ron Johnson.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I got a huge smile on my face the day he announced he was running. I am a big Walker fan now, but I did not vote for him in the primary. I voted Nueman.

We have to do everything we can to keep Thompson and Fitzgerald away from the GOP nomination. Mark Nueman would be a great ally for Ron Johnson.

I second this !

bluehighways

I third this. Neuman AND Johnson. That would be great!

Support The 2nd

How do you arrive at this conclusion given the content of 2011 Act 35 and DoJ emergency rule JUS 17 - indeed from any public debate?

It's been said by others, and dismissed, but we need to acknowledge, WE LOST! The Repubs. had 19 seats, now they have 17.

The Progressive Machine is up and running in WI, not the conservative one. There are 72 counties, let me know how many are posting their buildings. The counties that do have county boards run by the Progressives. The Progressive machine intends to not only recall Walker, but EVERY Republican Senator they can. They already have "their" candidates selected for the Assembly elections in 2012, the Repubs. cannot even field a viable candidates.

My prediction is the recall will be 100% successful, we will go far far left/blue and we already have Senators and Assembly people stating they will introduce modifications to CCW to require 8 hours training for both CC and OC.

If we would have gotten Constitutional Carry, just REPEAL the damned prohibited places and move on, we would have been better off.

As to not having the votes, it was in the GOP platform two years in a row, how could they not have the votes???
There was 100,000 people protesting the "tools" they RAMMED it through anyway. There wasn't anybody protesting against Constitutional Carry, and they didn't have the votes??? NOPE, they didn't have the votes because of RINOs. Everybody sees them for what they are. They voted for smaller government, and then voted to create a new bureaucracy. When you go to the poles and have to hold your nose, many simply won't go to the poles, meaning the progressives win.