• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting encounter at Reifsnider State Forest yesterday

Tony4310

Me and a buddy went to Reifsnider yesterday so he could site in his rifle for hunting season and I went to shoot at 50 yards for the heck of it ( did pretty good too ). I was openly carrying because I refuse to leave my pistol alone at the range and plus because it's legal. Anyways, 2 guys showed up later with rifles and started siting in. One noticed me openly carrying and my buddy tapped me and said " LOOK AT THAT GUY. HE SEEN YOU OPENLY CARRY AND NOW HE IS SUDDENLY OPENLY CARRYING ".

As the day went on I noticed he kept watching me like a hawk. Every time I'd move from the 25 yard to the 50 he'd step back. Mind you, I never made any threatening moves and always maintained weapon safety so the guy had no reason to be concerned. After we left, we were debating on if the guy decided if I was doing he could, he felt that threatened or if he was an off duty officer. It was interesting to say the least. No one else minded me doing it but him.

Just thought I'd share that.

Last edited:

mechanicworkman

Where is Reifsnider State Forest in relation to florissant?

I noticed you were from Florissant and so am I. Where is that and how far from florissant?

mechanicworkman

About an hours drive that's what i was wondering thanks Yea i found a pamphlet on conservation website on it! I am debating that or the place that is down off 44