• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a nice little live chat with Petco.com

Sabotage70

I stopped at Petco on my way home from work yesterday to get some crickets for my gecko. Shortly after entering the store the GM gets my attention and tells me I cannot carry in the store. I offered to cover it with my work uniform and and he didn't go for that either. Told him I'll just take my business elsewhere and left.

After looking through the websight I seen that they had live chat but was unavailable at the moment. Checked it out today and they where live.

The bottom of the first pic was her asking me my info. I suck at MS paint, crop, copy and paste attempt. And bottom is the first post after I gave her my info. The only thing missing from the conversation is my info and telling her "nope". And I am aware of my some of my grammatical errors. :rolleyes:

petco12.jpg

petcochatpart3.jpg

gmijackso

I found it interesting that "Petco follows state laws" but that "I don't know the rules. Only the GM can make rules". This seems to imply that they allow the GM to make rules that supersede corporate policy? That's just unbelievable to me.

I pretty much only shop at PetSmart anyway, I like their prices better, their service has been better for me, and they're closer to my home. But, I too will not support Petco with what business they used to get from me unless this is resolved. I have a dog, three sugar gliders, and 150 gallons of freshwater fish tanks.

Sabotage70

I posted this on Nevada Shooters. They pointed out that it's a bot. And looking back and rereading it I have come to the realization that it is indeed a bot. I'm a little embarrassed now.:p

Contrarian

petco

I posted this on Nevada Shooters. They pointed out that it's a bot. And looking back and rereading it I have come to the realization that it is indeed a bot. I'm a little embarrassed now.:p

Hey ! Bots need love, too. :)

Let us know if you hear back from the store.

28kfps

Well Sabotage you apparently do not have the same ability as me. I have been an expert at embarrassing myself on this form to the point I am use to it. I have been in several petcos with no problems. Hopefully you will get an reply from a real person. A good indication is it saying the stores do follow the state laws including the carrying of firearms.

The Big Guy

Since I had already been hasseled at Costco, and Petco is nearby, I decided to try my luck there. No problem. The guy at the checkout gave my belt the once over but did not say a word.

TBG