Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah non resident concealed firearms permits

Utah non resident concealed firearms permits

Next month whole sale sport in Silverdale is holding two two Utah non resident CPL classes honored in 30 sates. Fee is $75.00 classes will be held Thursday November 3rd 1515-2000 and Saturday November 5th 1515-2000. I have to try and take one of theses days off from work so I can get mine I would be great to be able to go on a car trip and not worry when I cross the boarder
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Remember on your road trips Nevada, Oregon and Colorado do not honor Washington or Utah.

Well,,,,

What orphan said!!^^^^^

The closest western state that wont honor your washington permit is Wyoming.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

The closest western state that wont honor your washington permit is Wyoming.
    Actually Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Remember on your road trips Nevada, Oregon and Colorado do not honor Washington or Utah.
    According to the peace of paper I got with it its good in Idaho, Montana and north and south Dakota so I figure it's good for going over
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

yeh, well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    According to the peace of paper I got with it its good in Idaho, Montana and north and south Dakota so I figure it's good for going over
    the only state the utah permit adds is north dakota,, the rest are covered by washington.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Who knows, maybe Congress will bless us with a National Reciprocity bill this year. In a year where the Dem's are going to try and preserve any vote they can the bill currently in the mill might just pass and Obama may get the "word" to sign it or loose even more votes next November.

If it does pass no need to play the "I need this permit to give me two more States where I can carry" game.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I currently maintain 4 permits WA, OR, NV, and UT they cover me most every where my travels take me. I will let UT expire now that I have NV. The cost to maintain all these permits is in the hundreds per year when you take in to account you have to show up in person to renew NV and OR.

An ironic thing is when I went to Illinois this last summer I had to lock it up and there was a gang shoot out less than a block from where we happened to be. One of my wife's HS friends was in the drive thru and the cross fire and got her car shot up flat tires etc. We were on our way there to get a snack, glad we were not in a hurry that night.

I currently maintain 4 permits WA, OR, NV, and UT they cover me most every where my travels take me. I will let UT expire now that I have NV. The cost to maintain all these permits is in the hundreds per year when you take in to account you have to show up in person to renew NV and OR.

An ironic thing is when I went to Illinois this last summer I had to lock it up and there was a gang shoot out less than a block from where we happened to be. One of my wife's HS friends was in the drive thru and the cross fire and got her car shot up flat tires etc. We were on our way there to get a snack, glad we were not in a hurry that night.
    You must be mistaken, sir. Handguns are illegal in Ill. Clearly those economically disadvantaged underprivileged youths were only engaging in civil disobedience against the iniquitous capitalist system that enslaves them. They certainly could not have been "shooting," as there are no guns in Ill, since it's against the law. Obviously what happened is your own evil oppressive firearm loaded and discharged its self and damaged your wife's friend's car. That's just what they get for patronizing an evil corporate conglomerate restaurant serving non-organic, murdered meat... and not driving a Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Who knows, maybe Congress will bless us with a National Reciprocity bill this year. In a year where the Dem's are going to try and preserve any vote they can the bill currently in the mill might just pass and Obama may get the "word" to sign it or loose even more votes next November.

If it does pass no need to play the "I need this permit to give me two more States where I can carry" game.
    IIRC that bill is even sponsored Dem, isn't it?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Have you looked at AZ? That will get you NV and can be had thru the mail.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

The instructor at Champion Arms is now certified for teaching Arizona classes. With the AZ permit you gain Nevada & New Mexico but loose Minnesota (Utah).
    AZ requires shooting as part of their requirement. I'll find out cost and post it ASAP.

[QUOTE=Metalhead47;1629540]You must be mistaken, sir. Handguns are illegal in Ill. Clearly those economically disadvantaged underprivileged youths were only engaging in civil disobedience against the iniquitous capitalist system that enslaves them. They certainly could not have been "shooting," as there are no guns in Ill, since it's against the law. Obviously what happened is your own evil oppressive firearm loaded and discharged its self and damaged your wife's friend's car. That's just what they get for patronizing an evil corporate conglomerate restaurant serving non-organic, murdered meat... and not driving a Prius.

Thanks Metalhead47 I needed that. ROTFLMAO

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    The instructor at Champion Arms is now certified for teaching Arizona classes. With the AZ permit you gain Nevada & New Mexico but loose Minnesota (Utah).
    AZ requires shooting as part of their requirement. I'll find out cost and post it ASAP.

the Arizona permit gets you nevada, new mexico and kansas!
    it can be got by mail.
    a DD214 or a permit from a training state, hunter safety coarse and many shooting safety coarses will satisfy training requirement.

Does anyone know if something like this comes to the Tri-Cities? I know there were a couple a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post

FWIW....the class doesn't have to be AZ-specific...it can be any NRA instructor led class.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

For Olympia, Lacey, Tacoma residents

Next month whole sale sport in Silverdale is holding two two Utah non resident CPL classes honored in 30 sates. Fee is $75.00 classes will be held Thursday November 3rd 1515-2000 and Saturday November 5th 1515-2000. I have to try and take one of theses days off from work so I can get mine I would be great to be able to go on a car trip and not worry when I cross the boarder

Wholesale Sports in Lacey (459-5800) will be sponsoring the same class on 04 Nov . She appeared to give me two different costs 75.00 and another 65.00 for state fees. 10.00 off if you are military. It covers 10 states but she couldnt tell me because of "liability".... Contact info is: ASCENDTRAINING@GMAIL.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WSUCougarAlum View Post
    Does anyone know if something like this comes to the Tri-Cities? I know there were a couple a year or so ago.
    Don't know about Tri-Cities but Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho, has regular Utah classes. That one is nice because he has a notary on site and also does the required fingerprints right there as well. With a small additional charge for the training certificate required to get the Oregon permit it's probably worth the trip. Go here and click on the Idaho tab: http://www.cfputah.com/

PS - - I don't have any financial interest in Cabela's or cfputah, just a satisfied customer and Utah permit holder.
    Last edited by Lammo; 10-17-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: clarity
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Don't know about Tri-Cities but Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho, has regular Utah classes. That one is nice because he has a notary on site and also does the required fingerprints right there as well. With a small additional charge for the training certificate required to get the Oregon permit it's probably worth the trip. Go here and click on the Idaho tab: http://www.cfputah.com/

PS - - I don't have any financial interest in Cabela's or cfputah, just a satisfied customer and Utah permit holder.
    Very cool site; thank you for the resource. I head to Portland and Boise quite a bit and will hold out for one of those.

http://utahweaponspermit.com/gun_cla...p?q=Washington I found this site for my area, the Tri-Cities. Looks like a good deal. I sent them an email to get more details.

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WSUCougarAlum View Post
    Very cool site; thank you for the resource. I head to Portland and Boise quite a bit and will hold out for one of those.
    You dont seem to be Getting It!
    your washington permit is good in Idaho!
    Oregon wont honor ANY state permit, ANY!
    Portland is a banned city.
    if you want to carry in portland, get an Oregon non resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    You dont seem to be Getting It!
    your washington permit is good in Idaho!
    Oregon wont honor ANY state permit, ANY!
    Portland is a banned city.
    if you want to carry in portland, get an Oregon non resident permit.
    I am talking about the class being offered to do just that. They offer the class in Portland and Boise from time to time so you can get the Oregon permit.

Non Resident permits/licenses

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Wholesale Sports in Lacey (459-5800) will be sponsoring the same class on 04 Nov . She appeared to give me two different costs 75.00 and another 65.00 for state fees. 10.00 off if you are military. It covers 10 states but she couldnt tell me because of "liability".... Contact info is: ASCENDTRAINING@GMAIL.COM
    The $75 is to cover the class. The $65 is the cost for the Utah permit application fee. You or the instructor sends it into Utah to be processed. The instructor should take a picture (passport style) and finger print you. Those with the Utah application and certificate and instructor signature and the $65 application fee is sent off for processing by Utah.

The $10 is off the class not the Utah application fee.

I have WA, Utah and Oregon.

Do know that most Utah instructors will also do an Oregon specific class (only adds about 15-30 minutes) to the Utah class - you get two! Most will charge a few bucks if they offer this or can do it so check and ask.
    Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

Ditto, this would make all the multi state non-resident license obsolete.
    Last edited by BigDave; 10-18-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Cabelas in Lacy holds the same class quite regularly:

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Dates Vary, s 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Steelhead Classroom next to Cascades Grill Restaurant
    Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah
    Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed
    Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI., @ A Moments Notice LLC.
    Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive
    your concealed handgun permit… class instruction, fingerprinting, notary,
    passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah.
    Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com or
    $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is
    submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application
    and receive Utah CFP. For state residents, this is not a substitute for the
    Washington License to Carry Concealed Pistol permit.

September 29 / October 11 or 25 / November 8 or 22 /
    December 13
    Last edited by Right Wing Wacko; 10-18-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Something to remember, some states may honor a Utah permit but ONLY if the holder is a resident of Utah. If I read correctly, Colorado is one such state. If you hold a Utah permit, but are a resident of WA, the Utah permit is NG.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast