• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah non resident concealed firearms permits

fire suppressor

Next month whole sale sport in Silverdale is holding two two Utah non resident CPL classes honored in 30 sates. Fee is $75.00 classes will be held Thursday November 3rd 1515-2000 and Saturday November 5th 1515-2000. I have to try and take one of theses days off from work so I can get mine I would be great to be able to go on a car trip and not worry when I cross the boarder

amlevin

Who knows, maybe Congress will bless us with a National Reciprocity bill this year. In a year where the Dem's are going to try and preserve any vote they can the bill currently in the mill might just pass and Obama may get the "word" to sign it or loose even more votes next November.

If it does pass no need to play the "I need this permit to give me two more States where I can carry" game.

Jeff Hayes

I currently maintain 4 permits WA, OR, NV, and UT they cover me most every where my travels take me. I will let UT expire now that I have NV. The cost to maintain all these permits is in the hundreds per year when you take in to account you have to show up in person to renew NV and OR.

An ironic thing is when I went to Illinois this last summer I had to lock it up and there was a gang shoot out less than a block from where we happened to be. One of my wife's HS friends was in the drive thru and the cross fire and got her car shot up flat tires etc. We were on our way there to get a snack, glad we were not in a hurry that night.

Metalhead47

I currently maintain 4 permits WA, OR, NV, and UT they cover me most every where my travels take me. I will let UT expire now that I have NV. The cost to maintain all these permits is in the hundreds per year when you take in to account you have to show up in person to renew NV and OR.

An ironic thing is when I went to Illinois this last summer I had to lock it up and there was a gang shoot out less than a block from where we happened to be. One of my wife's HS friends was in the drive thru and the cross fire and got her car shot up flat tires etc. We were on our way there to get a snack, glad we were not in a hurry that night.

You must be mistaken, sir. Handguns are illegal in Ill. Clearly those economically disadvantaged underprivileged youths were only engaging in civil disobedience against the iniquitous capitalist system that enslaves them. They certainly could not have been "shooting," as there are no guns in Ill, since it's against the law. Obviously what happened is your own evil oppressive firearm loaded and discharged its self and damaged your wife's friend's car. That's just what they get for patronizing an evil corporate conglomerate restaurant serving non-organic, murdered meat... and not driving a Prius.

:p;)

Who knows, maybe Congress will bless us with a National Reciprocity bill this year. In a year where the Dem's are going to try and preserve any vote they can the bill currently in the mill might just pass and Obama may get the "word" to sign it or loose even more votes next November.

If it does pass no need to play the "I need this permit to give me two more States where I can carry" game.

IIRC that bill is even sponsored Dem, isn't it?

mrjam2jab

Have you looked at AZ? That will get you NV and can be had thru the mail.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
The instructor at Champion Arms is now certified for teaching Arizona classes. With the AZ permit you gain Nevada & New Mexico but loose Minnesota (Utah).
AZ requires shooting as part of their requirement. I'll find out cost and post it ASAP.

Jeff Hayes

You must be mistaken, sir. Handguns are illegal in Ill. Clearly those economically disadvantaged underprivileged youths were only engaging in civil disobedience against the iniquitous capitalist system that enslaves them. They certainly could not have been "shooting," as there are no guns in Ill, since it's against the law. Obviously what happened is your own evil oppressive firearm loaded and discharged its self and damaged your wife's friend's car. That's just what they get for patronizing an evil corporate conglomerate restaurant serving non-organic, murdered meat... and not driving a Prius.

Thanks Metalhead47 I needed that. ROTFLMAO

1245A Defender

Well,,,

The instructor at Champion Arms is now certified for teaching Arizona classes. With the AZ permit you gain Nevada & New Mexico but loose Minnesota (Utah).
AZ requires shooting as part of their requirement. I'll find out cost and post it ASAP.

the Arizona permit gets you nevada, new mexico and kansas!
it can be got by mail.
a DD214 or a permit from a training state, hunter safety coarse and many shooting safety coarses will satisfy training requirement.

mrjam2jab

FWIW....the class doesn't have to be AZ-specific...it can be any NRA instructor led class.

Lovenox

For Olympia, Lacey, Tacoma residents

Next month whole sale sport in Silverdale is holding two two Utah non resident CPL classes honored in 30 sates. Fee is $75.00 classes will be held Thursday November 3rd 1515-2000 and Saturday November 5th 1515-2000. I have to try and take one of theses days off from work so I can get mine I would be great to be able to go on a car trip and not worry when I cross the boarder

Wholesale Sports in Lacey (459-5800) will be sponsoring the same class on 04 Nov . She appeared to give me two different costs 75.00 and another 65.00 for state fees. 10.00 off if you are military. It covers 10 states but she couldnt tell me because of "liability".... Contact info is: ASCENDTRAINING@GMAIL.COM

Lammo

Does anyone know if something like this comes to the Tri-Cities? I know there were a couple a year or so ago.

Don't know about Tri-Cities but Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho, has regular Utah classes. That one is nice because he has a notary on site and also does the required fingerprints right there as well. With a small additional charge for the training certificate required to get the Oregon permit it's probably worth the trip. Go here and click on the Idaho tab: http://www.cfputah.com/

PS - - I don't have any financial interest in Cabela's or cfputah, just a satisfied customer and Utah permit holder.

Last edited:

WSUCougarAlum

Don't know about Tri-Cities but Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho, has regular Utah classes. That one is nice because he has a notary on site and also does the required fingerprints right there as well. With a small additional charge for the training certificate required to get the Oregon permit it's probably worth the trip. Go here and click on the Idaho tab: http://www.cfputah.com/

PS - - I don't have any financial interest in Cabela's or cfputah, just a satisfied customer and Utah permit holder.

Very cool site; thank you for the resource. I head to Portland and Boise quite a bit and will hold out for one of those.

1245A Defender

Wow!!!

Very cool site; thank you for the resource. I head to Portland and Boise quite a bit and will hold out for one of those.

You dont seem to be Getting It!
your washington permit is good in Idaho!
Oregon wont honor ANY state permit, ANY!
Portland is a banned city.
if you want to carry in portland, get an Oregon non resident permit.