• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah non resident concealed firearms permits

WSUCougarAlum

You dont seem to be Getting It!
your washington permit is good in Idaho!
Oregon wont honor ANY state permit, ANY!
Portland is a banned city.
if you want to carry in portland, get an Oregon non resident permit.

I am talking about the class being offered to do just that. They offer the class in Portland and Boise from time to time so you can get the Oregon permit.

oldkim

Non Resident permits/licenses

Wholesale Sports in Lacey (459-5800) will be sponsoring the same class on 04 Nov . She appeared to give me two different costs 75.00 and another 65.00 for state fees. 10.00 off if you are military. It covers 10 states but she couldnt tell me because of "liability".... Contact info is: ASCENDTRAINING@GMAIL.COM

The $75 is to cover the class. The $65 is the cost for the Utah permit application fee. You or the instructor sends it into Utah to be processed. The instructor should take a picture (passport style) and finger print you. Those with the Utah application and certificate and instructor signature and the $65 application fee is sent off for processing by Utah.

The $10 is off the class not the Utah application fee.

I have WA, Utah and Oregon.

Do know that most Utah instructors will also do an Oregon specific class (only adds about 15-30 minutes) to the Utah class - you get two! Most will charge a few bucks if they offer this or can do it so check and ask.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Who knows, maybe Congress will bless us with a National Reciprocity bill this year. In a year where the Dem's are going to try and preserve any vote they can the bill currently in the mill might just pass and Obama may get the "word" to sign it or loose even more votes next November.

If it does pass no need to play the "I need this permit to give me two more States where I can carry" game.

Ditto, this would make all the multi state non-resident license obsolete.

Last edited:

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
Next month whole sale sport in Silverdale is holding two two Utah non resident CPL classes honored in 30 sates. Fee is $75.00 classes will be held Thursday November 3rd 1515-2000 and Saturday November 5th 1515-2000. I have to try and take one of theses days off from work so I can get mine I would be great to be able to go on a car trip and not worry when I cross the boarder

Cabelas in Lacy holds the same class quite regularly:

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit
Dates Vary, s
5:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Steelhead Classroom next to Cascades Grill Restaurant
Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah
Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed
Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI., @ A Moments Notice LLC.
Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive
your concealed handgun permit… class instruction, fingerprinting, notary,
passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah.
Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com or
$90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is
submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application
and receive Utah CFP. For state residents, this is not a substitute for the
Washington License to Carry Concealed Pistol permit.

September 29 / October 11 or 25 / November 8 or 22 /
December 13

Last edited:

amlevin

Something to remember, some states may honor a Utah permit but ONLY if the holder is a resident of Utah. If I read correctly, Colorado is one such state. If you hold a Utah permit, but are a resident of WA, the Utah permit is NG.

mrjam2jab

Something to remember, some states may honor a Utah permit but ONLY if the holder is a resident of Utah. If I read correctly, Colorado is one such state. If you hold a Utah permit, but are a resident of WA, the Utah permit is NG.

Correct...CO, FL, ME, MI, NH and SC only honor resident permits fo the permits they recognize.