• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone want to picket the shooting park and Appleseed?

The Big Guy

Well the truth hurst I guess. Appleseed has taken all my posts off the facebook wall. Yet left the ones they posted. This happened after another person wanted clarification on what the county was doing. I answered and told them. I guess this confirms they only talk the talk and will not walk it. Cowards.

http://www.facebook.com/snvappleseed/posts/260526330657259?notif_t=feed_comment

I just looked at the URRL above and noticed there is at least 1 guy on there that says because of what he has now learned he will not be attending Appleseed. I hope he can come out to join our little protest.

TBG

Last edited:

The Big Guy

You know that I am dedicated to this cause when I'm up at this hour on a Sunday morning. I'm on my way...

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

So we showed up at Apleseed, their turnout was minimal, we talked to a few people, they seemed to make the connection between Clark County and gun registration.

We went down to the pistol/ rifle complex, and handed out more flyers, talking to more people. I was pleasently surprised at the response. on the way out I went through the shotgun center, (couldn't help it) I talked with a larger group of older fellas 10-12 of em. they said that they just started coming to the park, becauase the county had shut down the Tule (sp) Springs facility, when they opened the ccsp, and they were "hacked off about it. one of them said he was friends with a CC Commissioner, and would give him an ear-full. All in all, a good morning.

jdholmes

Being new to the area I am not 100% on what exactly you are protesting...is it the fact that they have a gun registry here and the range is owned by the county?

In regards to the non-profit statement, that was absolute verbal diarrhea. I pastor a church. Let them try telling me I cannot speak on current politics.

The Big Guy

Being new to the area I am not 100% on what exactly you are protesting...is it the fact that they have a gun registry here and the range is owned by the county?

In regards to the non-profit statement, that was absolute verbal diarrhea. I pastor a church. Let them try telling me I cannot speak on current politics.

This all started some time ago. I suggested that we boycott the county shooting park as it is wholly owned by Clark County and the county does not respect our rights and liberties. We are the only location in the state that has gun resistration, codified by NV statutes. This makes each of us living in CC less of a citizen than anyone living in any other part of the state. Also, Clark County refuses to obey state pre-emption with regard to firearm law. The County Commissioners, the Sheriff and the DA all have told us they don't care they will do what they want. They twist the meaning of the clear language in the law to suite them. Why should we financially support the CCSR (formally CCSP) when they don't support our rights?

Vegassteve picked up the ball and planned the initial outing to the park. We simply talked to people and gave handouts and put them on windshields. The response from the people I talked to was very positive with respect to our position.

Just a side note. As Tread mentioned the turnout for Appleseed was very low. There really was not much use of the park on a beautiful Sunday morning. Another outing may be planned in the future perhaps during a large event. We will need some to talk to people, and others to just put flyers on windshields or hold signs. Whatever you comfort level there will be a spot for you in the effort.

TBG