• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone want to picket the shooting park and Appleseed?

Vegassteve

Went to the gunshow today and ran into the Appleseed folks. The wife and I have been to a couple the shoots and enjoyed it. They recognized me right away. I asked when the next shoot was and it's this coming sat sun at the park. I let them know that we wouldn't be shooting then and once again implored them to not as well. He said he had seen my email and post I put on their forum and Facebook page asking them not to hold any more shoots at the park and why. He said he understood the issue and asked me lots of questions about it. At first he said the reason they still used the park was that it came down from the top of the national organization . Then I may have caught him in a bit of tall tale though. As he said we just can't give up that great facility.

Now if you have ever been to one of these shoots they are heavy on the history and defense of the second amendment. Telling stories of how folks did all sorts of big and small deeds to stand up for our rights. So I told them this is a great chance to put all that in acton.

No movement though from them. So I wonder if we shouldn't spend just about 2 hours with some signs and flyers as they arrive next week. I can't Saturday but I can Sunday. They get in around 7:30 am.I would be happy to pay for all signs and flyers as well.

Vegassteve

I talked to Dont tread on me yesterday. He is pretty sure he is in as well. I will send you a PM with my number so that we can discuss times, signs etc. I think we should have 2 or 3 well done signs and maybe some handouts. Like I said I am willing to pay for them. I cant be there on Sat but I think Dave can.

Vegassteve

Here is a response I just got from Appleseed.

We understand why this is an issue, and we are glad that you are the freethinking individuals that our forefathers would admire. However, this is not a decision made by the individuals of the SNVAppleseed team. As individuals, we promote and represent the ranges of our own choosing, and at this time are not at liberty to turn down venues that allow us to spread our message. We are always looking for new venues and new ranges to hold our events at. If you are a member of any range in town that would like to sponsor an Appleseed event, get in contact with us and we can set up an event at your range. Until then, CCSP has to stay on the roster, despite individual objections.

The Big Guy

Here is a response I just got from Appleseed.

We understand why this is an issue, and we are glad that you are the freethinking individuals that our forefathers would admire. However, this is not a decision made by the individuals of the SNVAppleseed team. As individuals, we promote and represent the ranges of our own choosing, and at this time are not at liberty to turn down venues that allow us to spread our message. We are always looking for new venues and new ranges to hold our events at. If you are a member of any range in town that would like to sponsor an Appleseed event, get in contact with us and we can set up an event at your range. Until then, CCSP has to stay on the roster, despite individual objections.

Guess I won't be hooking up wtih Appleseed anytime soon.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

My then 13 year old son looked at me from across the pickup, grabbed my hand and said "Pop, that was the best day of my life" I will never forget, we were, driving back from Boulder City, where we had are first of many Apleseeds. I also care about the environment that my son, now sixteen grows up in. I will be there, to protest. and he may be too. I will leave that up to him.

If anyone can make some flyers, I will put them on cars etc. (got slammed this week.)

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I will pay for the flyers. We probably only need about 50. Anyone good at writing short clear paragraphs? Along the lines of the county is anti 2nd and breaking state law, and why we shouldn't support the park/range.

Vegassteve

That response I posted was from the so nev Appleseed Facebook wall. I posted asking them to not shoot there this week. I did respond to what they said by pointing out what the mission statement of the orginization said, which contradicts what they said.

Have not seen a reply yet.

Vegassteve

And here is the latest response. Couple of issues here. 1 they do talk about current politics at the events.I was told by them they would bring it up at the lunchtime talk. Plus they discuss current politics as well, I have heard them first hand. 2 They ask for civic involvement but dont want to be active. 3 They are sheep. Nevada will go the way of cali if people dont stand up.

Appleseed is a non profit 501(c)3 which precludes us from getting involved in politics. That's why we only talk about politics of 200 years ago. Our mission is to teach rifle marksmanship, American heritage and civic responsibility. The Clark County is one of the finest shooting venues in the country. To not use it would be waste. Particularly since it is popular with our students. Appleseed's have been held in 50 states this year. A whole bunch have been held in California, which has worse gun restrictions than here. One was even held in Downtown Manhattan. Following your logic those events should not have been held. I disagree, that's exactly where they needed to be held. Which is why cancelling Appleseeds at CCSP would be counter productive.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

And here is the latest response. Couple of issues here. 1 they do talk about current politics at the events.I was told by them they would bring it up at the lunchtime talk. Plus they discuss current politics as well, I have heard them first hand. 2 They ask for civic involvement but dont want to be active. 3 They are sheep. Nevada will go the way of cali if people dont stand up.

Appleseed is a non profit 501(c)3 which precludes us from getting involved in politics. That's why we only talk about politics of 200 years ago. Our mission is to teach rifle marksmanship, American heritage and civic responsibility. The Clark County is one of the finest shooting venues in the country. To not use it would be waste. Particularly since it is popular with our students. Appleseed's have been held in 50 states this year. A whole bunch have been held in California, which has worse gun restrictions than here. One was even held in Downtown Manhattan. Following your logic those events should not have been held. I disagree, that's exactly where they needed to be held. Which is why cancelling Appleseeds at CCSP would be counter productive.

As usual, this guy just doesn't get it. Wonder how many government owned rages they use across the country? He only cares about what affects him in the here and now, screw the future.

TBG

varminter22

Actually, a non-profit 501(c)3 can get involved, discuss issues, and educate the public. They simply cannot endorse candidates for political office.

Correct?

Vegassteve

Actually, a non-profit 501(c)3 can get involved, discuss issues, and educate the public. They simply cannot endorse candidates for political office.

Correct?

Thats what I thought as well. More than me even my wife is really steamed as these guys. She loves the shoots as it helps her with her CMP competition. She is livid that they wont stand up for whats right. She actually had 5 of the guys that work for her wanting to go out this weekend and shoot. Along with a couple of the wives. So appleseed is also missing out on the money they collect from the men as women shoot free.

The Big Guy

Thats what I thought as well. More than me even my wife is really steamed as these guys. She loves the shoots as it helps her with her CMP competition. She is livid that they wont stand up for whats right. She actually had 5 of the guys that work for her wanting to go out this weekend and shoot. Along with a couple of the wives. So appleseed is also missing out on the money they collect from the men as women shoot free.

If they can't shoot, they might as well come out and protest with us.

TBG

wrightme

More to the point, they are hypocrites, and only choosing what they think is "the right way to 'get involved.'"
Vegassteve said:

On the one hand, they try to claim that they cannot "get involved in politics." Then they go forth and describe WHY they did exactly that. Yet they don't agree that the methods someone else speaks of are valid.

Vegassteve

As it stands now, we will be active Sunday morning. Feel free to go Saturday, but after speaking with the big guy we think Sunday will be better. We will try for around 7:30 am and stay for a couple of hours.

The Big Guy

Vegassteve steve and I talked it over and as he said we thought we would just do Sunday as kind of a test to see how it goes. We hope to do it more in the future as well. A good turnout would be great however as there is strength in numbers. Any pressure we can put on the county helps in the longrun. I see absolutely no difference in not doing business with a private store for not respecting your rights or not doing biz with the county for the same reason. Come to think about it, the county is worse because it belong to us.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME