Thread: Had a "Stink Eye" hurled at me Saturday.

Had a "Stink Eye" hurled at me Saturday.

After leaving LGS, I stopped at "Beyond Bread" on Speedway for a late lunch. Beyond Bread is a trendy sandwich shop inhabited by mostly liberal minded folks who surf the free Internet, drink coffee and jabber to each other and as a bonus they leave me and my handgun alone. The food is good, inexpensive and I've OC there for past few years without incident.

Today, an Asian couple took special interest in my LCR holstered in cross draw fashion. Male Asian walked up to me from behind and glanced at the Ruger. I quickly put my elbow against the holster and he scurried off.

Went to my table with food, coffee and turned on my netbook to check email.

For next 20-30 minutes both gave me the "Stink Eye" until they left.

I'm guessing they were from California.

Quote Originally Posted by gwbiker View Post
    i'm guessing they were from california.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by GWbiker View Post
    After leaving LGS, I stopped at "Beyond Bread" on Speedway for a late lunch
    I visit the Beyond Bread on Campbell regularly. I prefer their sandwich bread to the grocery store stuff. I usually have lunch when I'm there to pick up a couple of loaves of my favorite bread.

The Campbell location is closer to the University and packed with hard core snooty lefties eating sandwiches and sipping lattes while praising Dear Leader 0bama.

I always open carry when I'm there. So far, no "stink eye." I carry a Model 21 Glock (the full sized .45 ACP pistol) "balanced" by a spare magazine on my support side.

As an FYI, awhile back an "open carry" dinner was held at one of the Beyond Bread locations. They may lean left but they don't post a "no firearms" sign and their food is very good.

Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 10-16-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    I visit the Beyond Bread on Campbell regularly. I prefer their sandwich bread to the grocery store stuff. I usually have lunch when I'm there to pick up a couple of loaves of my favorite bread.

The Campbell location is closer to the University and packed with hard core snooty lefties eating sandwiches and sipping lattes while praising Dear Leader 0bama.

I alway open carry when I'm there. So far, no "stink eye." I carry a Model 21 Glock (the full sized .45 ACP pistol) "balanced" by a spare magazine on my support side.

As an FYI, awhile back an "open carry" dinner was held at one of the Beyond Bread locations. They may lean left but they don't post a "no firearms" sign and their food is very good.

Fred
    I attended that OC dinner, too. As I recall, some woman at the "Italian Spoken Here" sign table later threw a snit within a letter to the editor in Daily Star.
    Fortunately, nothing progressed further. Some weeks later, I spoke with BB manager (young female) about the newspaper article and she suggested we keep OC meets in her restaurant to smaller group. Probably to satisfy Obama worshipers?

Late edit: I received word that new IHOP in Sierra Vista is posted. Female manager claims it's "Corporate Policy"....which is BS.
    Last edited by GWbiker; 10-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.

The title of this tread makes me think of Indiana Jones running down a tunnel with a giant eyeball rolling behind him...

Run for your lives, here comes the hairy eyeball!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Just out of curiosity, were they East Asian (what we used to call "Oriental") or South Asian?

Quote Originally Posted by me812 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, were they East Asian (what we used to call "Oriental") or South Asian?
    I have no idea. As I recall they were well dressed, so I'm guessing one or both were UOA faculty members or they were tourists from Kommyforynia.

As I recall they were well dressed
    There ya go. I've never had a positive, respectful conversation or encounter with anyone who was 'well dressed.'
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

For next 20-30 minutes both gave me the "Stink Eye" until they left.
    I hope you smiled and winked, maybe gave a wave.

It really messes with their hateful heads when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

It is even better to learn a foreign language and go talk to them with it... Act like you're offering them money for something, never specify what...

I love screwing with degenerates. Especially well-dressed degenerates.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

When I get flipped off for not speeding enough I just blow the other driver a kiss.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Kalifornians......

Sucks to hear you got the stink eye. being Asian and all, they should've known better; it's not polite to stare. Haven't been to beyond bread yet. I OC to Safeway about 3x a week. Never have a problem. As for college kids go. I never pay them much mind. It's hard to entertain someone's opinion about life who's barely lived theirs. It worries me sometime that the voting age is 18 though.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M