• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon homeowner opens fire on burglar

Verd

Campaign Veteran
[url]http://www.kval.com/news/local/131485368.html[/url] said:
WARREN, Ore. - Columbia County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for a suspect after a Warren, Oregon homeowner opened fire when he was awakened by an intruder trying to get into his house.

Warren is located along the Columbia River between Scappoose and St. Helens, Ore.

Deputies said the unidentified man opened fire at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday and they do not know if the suspect was hit by the gunfire. The intruder fled the scene and no suspect information has been released.

Monday morning, deputies sent out a press release saying the homeowner is a federal law enforcement officer With the Federal Protective Service in Portland. His name was not released.

The federal officer also had two police dogs at his residence.

"I was surprised they picked that house to bother," said neighbor Tom Clason.

"I'm glad they picked a house where somebody was able to defend themselves rather than turning out badly for the innocent people," said Mike Loeks, who also lives nearby.

The federal officer's wife and two kids were also home at the time, investigators said. No one was hurt.

Wonder if the burglar did in fact know who he was attempting to go after and if it was only a burglary that he had in mind, seeing as to who owned the home and that there were two police dogs there. Either way, good job for the officer, too bad it is unsure of if any of his shots landed.

carry for myself

"yo dawg lets rob this guy"..............probably what they were thinking before the FED light them up like the 4th of july. talk about casing the wrong joint lol

since9

Campaign Veteran
Wonder if the burglar did in fact know who he was attempting to go after and if it was only a burglary that he had in mind, seeing as to who owned the home and that there were two police dogs there. Either way, good job for the officer, too bad it is unsure of if any of his shots landed.

How could anyone be unsure if their shots landed? Was he blind? Was he shooting a handgun at a great distance, like more than 25 yards? Did he see a shape and simple blast away, unconcerned about the identity of his target or where stray bullets might land?

The article said his wife and two daughters live in the house. Good thing one of them wasn't merely coming back from the fridge...