• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Money where the mouth is

jonjon_jon

Shane posted this the other day but recieved no attention.

We want to get chapters going in every community, but we need a strong central organization to do that. First thing's first, we HAVE to become a government recognized organiztion, see: 501c(4) not-for-profit. This way we can take in money, unfortunately we cannot do much without it. We can only get this thing going if people begin to put their money where their mouth is and allow us to file the paperwork. After the paperwork is filed and we have a fair membership, board of directors etc. we can talk about opening up new chapters with their own BOD, who will hold their own events and meetings.

I have had couple private PM with Shane and we MOCA needs about thousand dollars.

I will pledge $100.00 which leaves us we 9 more pledges. No checks to be cashed until we have full amount. (fair to all)?
Please no pledges of less then 50/100 it will just confuse the issue if we really want to get this done.

(Shane I took the liberty of this post without your knowledge if you find issue with it I will gladly retract my post and pledge).

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

Thank you

Jonjon I LIKE IT. I got $200 to pledge as of now. Possibly more in a few weeks

I would say $200 is quite enough. This is supposed to be a group effort. If we can't find $1000 bucks between our members to get this of the ground, maybe this isn't the time for there to be a MOCA.

crdonov

well i cant afford to donate any money. Mortgage, daycare, heating oil, comes first! why not have a fundraser, your even a bottledrive! if i happen to win the lottery i will let MOCA know!!! for know i cant afford it!!! Remember i will always be a member of MOCA and always support them!

XD-Over

carry for myself

well i cant afford to donate any money. Mortgage, daycare, heating oil, comes first! why not have a fundraser, your even a bottledrive! if i happen to win the lottery i will let MOCA know!!! for know i cant afford it!!! Remember i will always be a member of MOCA and always support them!

XD-Over

fundraiser is a great idea. i've seen a couple elemetary kids raise $10,000 in a few months. im sure we can raise $1,000 easily. Maybe Cabelas could help us host? hasnt MOCA had events there before? just an idea :)

crdonov

fundraiser is a great idea. i've seen a couple elemetary kids raise $10,000 in a few months. im sure we can raise $1,000 easily. Maybe Cabelas could help us host? hasnt MOCA had events there before? just an idea :)

cabelas wont help!!! i brought MOCA flyers there to advertise the get together in Acadia National Park, last year! they didnt really give MOCA the time of day!!! the only thing they have done for us is to let people open carry in there store!!!

XD-over

jonjon_jon

XD-Over

If you don't have it then you don't. I understand that and most people do but notice there have been 90 views since morning and country chick and myself are the only two that have pledged any money. There will be no MOCA if things don't start to happen with the membership soon. XD, you were p***** at me the other day cause I stated that I had lost interest in it. This is the reason why. We need help on all fronts. To me it seems out of 90 views there must have been at least 70 that could but won't put up a 100 bucks with no family issue. Seems to me most of the people here have money for shells and guns. Money is tight for most that's why I suggested $50 if for those that are having trouble. You have time enough. I be suprised if we raise it but I'll make good on my pledge if we do. I don't think our membership has what it takes to get this of the ground.

Last edited:

thacountyhick

If you don't have it then you don't. I understand that and most people do but notice there have been 90 views since morning and country chick and myself are the only two that have pledged any money. There will be no MOCA if things don't start to happen with the membership soon. XD, you were pissed at me the other day cause I stated that I had lost interest in it. This is the reason why. We need help on all fronts. To me it seems out of 90 views there must have been at least 70 that could but won't put up a 100 bucks with no family issue. Seems to me most of the people here have money for shells and guns. Money is tight for most that's why I suggested $50 if for those that are having trouble. You have time enough. I be suprised if we raise it but I'll make good on my pledge if we do. I don't think our membership has what it takes to get this of the ground.

Ok first of all jonjon its COUNTY HICK lol not CHICK. But anyhow I'm kinda wondering if we have membership that will put enough effort to get the ball roling myself, and if we don't then I think the current members could help by "recruiting" more people, or at least spread the word of who we are and telling them about the website /fourms. Just my opinion!

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I believe that we have the numbers to make 1,000 easily and honestly, it just takes one. So now, we have the one person who has stepped out from the line and stated that they will offer up what they can. A few moments later we had another come forward. This I feel is the beginning. Honestly, you don't have to give much money even five or ten dollars will add up so fast it would make your head spin. I know this for a fact. One of the major issues we will face is that people don't check the forums very often, you have a few that do and a lot that don't. So I believe that we will need to supplement with an event or fundraiser that we PUBLICIZE the crap out of with flyers and by word of mouth. What kind of event we have not figured out yet. What I do know is this: we do have the means and numbers, we simply need to get people active and organized we can begin doing this much better if we have the startup money to get the paperwork done.

crdonov

if you don't have it then you don't. I understand that and most people do but notice there have been 90 views since morning and country chick and myself are the only two that have pledged any money. There will be no moca if things don't start to happen with the membership soon. Xd, you were pissed at me the other day cause i stated that i had lost interest in it. This is the reason why. We need help on all fronts. To me it seems out of 90 views there must have been at least 70 that could but won't put up a 100 bucks with no family issue. Seems to me most of the people here have money for shells and guns. Money is tight for most that's why i suggested $50 if for those that are having trouble. You have time enough. I be suprised if we raise it but i'll make good on my pledge if we do. I don't think our membership has what it takes to get this of the ground.

if i had 50 bucks i would give it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty funny you finally came out of the wood works!!! I remember last year when you basicaly said im all done with moca because of your age group!!! Im gonna stop here!!! Ill remember the next portland function!!! You wont be there!!!

Xd-over

jonjon_jon

Ok first of all jonjon its COUNTY HICK lol not CHICK. But anyhow I'm kinda wondering if we have the membership to get the ball roling myself, and if we don't then I think the current members could help by "recruiting" more people, or at least spread the word of who we are and telling them about the website /fourms. Just my opinion!

Sorry about the country chick.....lol. I've followed MOCA for some time. And yes in my opinion it's been falling off. We get less and less active members. That is why our pledge is so important to the cause. With a 501c we'll be a non profit able to ask the general public for funds and also be able to go to public events like guns shows and such and ask for money and support. (sign up members).

Shane please correct me if I'm wrong I don't want to mislead anyone while asking for funding.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
if i had 50 bucks i would give it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty funny you finally came out of the wood works!!! I remember last year when you basicaly said im all done with moca because of your age group!!! Im gonna stop here!!! Ill remember the next portland function!!! You wont be there!!!

Xd-over

Unnecessary. Yes, you have been to almost all of the events and you are supporting in every way you can, and we appreciate that Donovan. Everyone just needs to give what they can, for some what they can give is simply time. That is enough for the movement to happen. What we don't need to do is get in an argument, we all need to work together we're all working for the same cause!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry about the country chick.....lol. I've followed MOCA for some time. And yes in my opinion it's been falling off. We get less and less active members. That is why our pledge is so important to the cause. With a 501c we'll be a non profit able to ask the general public for funds and also be able to go to public events like guns shows and such and ask for money and support. (sign up members).

Shane please correct me if I'm wrong I don't want to mislead anyone while asking for funding.

I found that everyone was extremely excited and into MOCA at the beginning when it was new and interesting. Now people don't understand why we need a MOCA but the reason they don't understand why they need a MOCA is because we haven't been able to take an active role in actually fixing the broken regulations in Maine. If we have 501c status and were not for profit, we could garner funds, get more interactive website, keep up the mailing list better. We could actually have established meetings, be a central focus at gun shows and above all else HELP THE PEOPLE OF MAINE. So yes, you hit the nail on the head.

jonjon_jon

Xd-over

Unnecessary and counterproductive....We are friends brother fighting for the cause.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What's involved in the process to get designated as a non-profit organization in Maine? What are the fees? Do you all have an attorney as a member that is willing to donate time to make sure all the paperwork is correct?

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
What's involved in the process to get designated as a non-profit organization in Maine? What are the fees? Do you all have an attorney as a member that is willing to donate time to make sure all the paperwork is correct?

The attorney i spoke with said that it would take right around a thousand dollars to get non-profit status. He is an extremely well known attorney, although I will withhold his name.

jonjon_jon

How about a homerun

Okay people I took a swing at bat and took us to first base. I'm having money issues like alot of people the job front has been back and forth for me the last year. Well County Hick to his credit took us to second base with a double. (200 bucks wow)! There has been close to 300 views now. You folks are right now making a decision for Shane. I haven't spoke to him about this but I know he's watching us. You can't lead if no one will follow. If you (I'm not saying someone for a reason) don't step up to the plate and hit a homer there will be no MOCA!

Your friend and brother in arms for a voice in Augusta.

John

PS. Work has been back and forth as I stated so I'm doing little painting around the house thinking about this situation and my life and involvement with this movement. It may suprise some of you that I'm doing this cause I believe in your rights. I'm old enough so my time is limited. I'm a hunter and a handgun owner and have permit to carry, but I don't carry as a rule. I believe in our founding fathers vision for our nation and want to help protect that right for future generations. MOCA is just one small thing I could do to try to help and even that's falling apart cause of lack of support. To sum it up the hundred bucks I put on the table is for you, cause I don't carry or shoot as rule. I do deer hunt quite often but that's with rifle and I don't see Augusta taking that right away anytime soon.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

Open letter to Shane

Hi Shane, sorry things have gone so badly with this post was really hoping other members would see the light and step up to the plate. Even if they didn't have the money they could have called hunting/shooting friend and ask if they could match them a few bucks to get this of the ground. At this time there have been 345 views and only one pledge besides myself. I haven't done the math but not even 1 percent support for MOCA. I don't know what else to do I'm at a loss. If we can't get support with the base how will we ever get support with the public? Maybe it's just not meant to be and you should move on to bigger and better things with your life. ( I'm sure you have better things to do). Well we'll see if things change. I'll stand by my pledge for a while if some miracle happens and people decide MOCA means something to them.