• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bench Rest Rifle Club Wright City MO

mechanicworkman

Anyone been to this range how is it! Rifle season coming up and looking for a good place to sight in the deer rifle! I head this mentioned before in a form not sure if its here or another form but figured i would ask! Also if you know whats the cost for this range per hr or how does it work there?

mechanicworkman

I have found some site for them but it talks about being a vested member and that is like 250 bucks I am looking for somewhere more to really site in my rifle! I know wright city is a small drive from florissant and looking for somewhere to sight in the rifle! I have been out to bushwildlife but thats 45 min from my house i am really looking for somewhere close as i can get thats got a 100 yrds is all i really need to sight in at! I used to go to the range on mo bottom there right off 370 but it seems like they are rarely open and i didnt see them open at all last year! any help would be appreciated in other ranges in the immediate area that anyone knows about as well.

mspgunner

Bench Rest

I'm a member of Bench Rest, it is privare range with membership fee and annual fee. It is one of the best shooting facilities in the country. As far as fee goes.... There are Conservation ranges free and open to the public. See the Missouri Dept. of Conservation web site. They wil be crowded this time of year.

mechanicworkman

I'm a member of Bench Rest, it is privare range with membership fee and annual fee. It is one of the best shooting facilities in the country. As far as fee goes.... There are Conservation ranges free and open to the public. See the Missouri Dept. of Conservation web site. They wil be crowded this time of year.

Ok I very much appreciate the info! Yea I am trying to stay away from bush wildlife it was packed BAD this time of year when i went! I dont mind paying a little up to 20 bucks or something but its the waiting in line an hour once i am there and then if i didnt get all the way sighted in then i have to wait another hour! I jsut am not trying to turn it into an all day event!

I will check on the conservation website again and see if i can find a place other than bush wildlife to site in thank you for the help!

mspgunner

Ok I very much appreciate the info! Yea I am trying to stay away from bush wildlife it was packed BAD this time of year when i went! I dont mind paying a little up to 20 bucks or something but its the waiting in line an hour once i am there and then if i didnt get all the way sighted in then i have to wait another hour! I jsut am not trying to turn it into an all day event!

I will check on the conservation website again and see if i can find a place other than bush wildlife to site in thank you for the help!

Two I'm familiar with are:
The Huzzah Wildlife Area (Just south of Onondaga Cave State Park
Little Indian Creek Conservation area ( South of Sullivan off 185 Hwy A or AA)

Morpheus97

As mspgunner said, BenchRest is a great facility. I live in Florissant and go there as often as my schedule allows. It's about an hour drive each way. You are right, it is a little expensive when you first join because of the additional $250 fee to become a vested member, but after that it is only $200 per year with no hourly fees. Also, you shoot your own ammo as they do not sell anything except memberships. For your situation it may not be worthwhile right now but if you start range shooting more often I highly recommend it.

mspgunner

As mspgunner said, BenchRest is a great facility. I live in Florissant and go there as often as my schedule allows. It's about an hour drive each way. You are right, it is a little expensive when you first join because of the additional $250 fee to become a vested member, but after that it is only $200 per year with no hourly fees. Also, you shoot your own ammo as they do not sell anything except memberships. For your situation it may not be worthwhile right now but if you start range shooting more often I highly recommend it.

You can go as a "guest", free with a member. I went several times with members before I joined. It is more than just "A RIFLE RANGE", much more!
The vesting gives you equal rights at the facility as well as a share of ownership.

KevinHarris

That is, at least our small federation does. We also promote and compete in 50m and 100m outdoors. Especially 100m can be tricky if there is wind and you only have a 10J rifle. We are strill strugling to find good proper targets for 50m and 100m. For 100m you don't want a target with a large black center, very difficult to see your hits on such a target. gun safety course is also a good choics.

Last edited: