Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flood of permits for concealed carry likely in Wisconsin

Flood of permits for concealed carry likely in Wisconsin

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...86&located=rss

An initial influx of about 100,000 to 250,000 applications are expected, said Dana Brueck, state DOJ spokeswoman.
    I'd be surprised if there were that many.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

applications that are submitted in person should be processed on the spot...so that they don't fall too far behind.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    applications that are submitted in person should be processed on the spot...so that they don't fall too far behind.
    I'm going to hold my breathe on that one. The DOJ has been dragging its feet the entire time. The permits are supposed to be done already, but we cannot even apply for a permit until Nov 1. What's the point of having them available if we cannot even apply for one?!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

By "flood of permits" someone at the DOJ heard a few of us were planning on coming in first thing Nov !. And than outdoorsman1 was going to squat overnight.

I guess "flood" is anything over three for the DOJ.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I'm going to hold my breathe on that one. The DOJ has been dragging its feet the entire time. The permits are supposed to be done already, but we cannot even apply for a permit until Nov 1. What's the point of having them available if we cannot even apply for one?!
    Oh, don't get me wrong...I'm not saying they WILL do it on the spot...I'm saying if they were smart they would do it on the spot.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

The Honerable Mr. Hamlet wrote...

By "flood of permits" someone at the DOJ heard a few of us were planning on coming in first thing Nov !. And than outdoorsman1 was going to squat overnight.
    Damn... Now that the word is out... Maybe I will "squat" in Nija or Stealth Mode as to give the misconceptitve (hows that for a word) appearence that I am not really there, when in fact I will be there.... or maybe not there, but over this-a-way, or wait... I might be over that-a-way.... but I most definetley will not be here...

Again, this ALL depends on availability of the applications and now the "form" that has to be signed to confirm non-revocation of my permit that I got last month....

If one or the other are not available, I will delay my adventure until they are...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...86&located=rss

I'd be surprised if there were that many.
    like I was saying in another similar post , we can all expect an instant 3-4 month Backlog, they don't have the staffing to process those numbers expeditiously. so the legal 21 + 45 day time frame is not going to happen..for Many of the first applicants it will mean you might get your permit February or March maybe even later. I won't hold my breath on getting my permit that I will apply for on Nov 1st before mid Feb to late March... if I do get it earlier than that I will consider myself one of the lucky ones.. with all the media hype this has gotten over the last year, I would not be shocked to see 100,000 - 250,000 applications flood the DOJ on the first day or two, with thousands more coming in each day for at least the first month...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    The Honerable Mr. Hamlet wrote...

Damn... Now that the word is out... Maybe I will "squat" in Nija or Stealth Mode as to give the misconceptitve (hows that for a word) appearence that I am not really there, when in fact I will be there.... or maybe not there, but over this-a-way, or wait... I might be over that-a-way.... but I most definetley will not be here...

Again, this ALL depends on availability of the applications and now the "form" that has to be signed to confirm non-revocation of my permit that I got last month....

If one or the other are not available, I will delay my adventure until they are...

Outdoorsman1
    im going to wear my cloak of invisibility
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    like I was saying in another similar post , we can all expect an instant 3-4 month Backlog, they don't have the staffing to process those numbers expeditiously. so the legal 21 + 45 day time frame is not going to happen..for Many of the first applicants it will mean you might get your permit February or March maybe even later. I won't hold my breath on getting my permit that I will apply for on Nov 1st before mid Feb to late March... if I do get it earlier than that I will consider myself one of the lucky ones.. with all the media hype this has gotten over the last year, I would not be shocked to see 100,000 - 250,000 applications flood the DOJ on the first day or two, with thousands more coming in each day for at least the first month...
    i agree with you on this one i think 250,000 will be a little on the light side
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    im going to wear my cloak of invisibility
    Ahhhhhhh..... The Cloak of Invisibility..... now that's what I'm talkin about....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

I'm going to wear MY cloak of invisibility.

I'm going to be naked underneath. I will have thousands of CC applications printed up. I plan on running around the Capitol screaming "The British are coming! The British are coming!" on the top of my lungs while throwing the applications into the air like confetti. They will rain down like snow upon the Capitol lawn. Maybe someone should Tee-Pee the trees?

I will not stop till I am out of applications or beer.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Ahhhhhhh..... The Cloak of Invisibility..... now that's what I'm talkin about....

Outdoorsman1
    cloaking devices? you guys have been hanging around with the Klingons again huh?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

I'm going to be naked underneath. I will have thousands of CC applications printed up. I plan on running around the Capitol screaming "The British are coming! The British are coming!" on the top of my lungs while throwing the applications into the air like confetti. They will rain down like snow upon the Capitol lawn. Maybe someone should Tee-Pee the trees?

I will not stop till I am out of applications or beer.
    Ding Ding DIng.... We have a winner...

You Sir have outdone yourself.....

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Thank you Sir. And a happy Monday to you as well!

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    cloaking devices? you guys have been hanging around with the Klingons again huh?
    That reminds me.... I will have to make sure my van's "Cloaking Devise" is in working order.... and when I arrive, engage my "Preditor" Camo-Suit to maintain my un-detected personna.

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    If you wear slippers of spider climbing you can walk on the ceiling to the front of the line. Better yet sneak into the office and rubber stamp your own permit first.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I will be shocked if the number of applicants exceeds 100,000. Of those, no more than 80,000 will be approved as no one has a clue if their training will stand up to the ever shifting requirements of doj.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    That reminds me.... I will have to make sure my van's "Cloaking Devise" is in working order.... and when I arrive, engage my "Preditor" Camo-Suit to maintain my un-detected personna.

Outdoorsman1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVARmq5ik64

In year 2004 of the 43 states that had concealed carry the mean average percentage of the adult population holding concealed carry permits was about 3.4%.

In the 2010 census the total population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986. The percentage of population of adults over 21 was about 75% or 4,265,239. 3.4% of that figure is 145,018. The table lists 18 as the breakpoint so I adjusted the figure to age 21.
    http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/27000.html
    http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/55000.html
    http://www.kc3.com/CCWSTATS.html
    http://www.madfi.org/permitcount.asp

I think the calculations for MN and MI are more applicable than the federal numbers when trying to calculate the WI permit population.

The percentage figure for minnesota in the CCWSTATS is incorrect the figure as of 9/30/2011 is 2.2%. There are 87,755 permit to carry holders in MN.
    The percentage of adults holding carry permits in MI is 1.7%.
    If we use 2% as a good rule of thumb for WI. Then 2% of the 4,265,239(adult population) will calculate to 85,304 permit holders. Certainly not all applied for on the first day.

If you don't like my figures check them out. My sources are cited above.

Don't ask me where the DoJ gets figures as high as 250,000. I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity.
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 10-17-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post

Don't ask me where the DoJ gets figures as high as 250,000.
    Dana Brueck.

DOJ spokeswoman and stooge.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Is it not possible that the numbers are inflated to ask for an increase in their funding or hire new friends/employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc.38 View Post
    Is it not possible that the numbers are inflated to ask for an increase in their funding or hire new friends/employees?
    Anything is possible! Just like it's possible only 50,000 apply the first day or two it's also possible 500,000 permit applications get mailed in on Nov 1st. I guess it's a BIG wait & see. We are all just guessing at this point. The high numbers are very possible with the amount of gun owners in this state
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Will be interesting to see them SOOOO underwhelmed that they get all the permits done in a week to 10 days...or quicker! maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Will be interesting to see them SOOOO underwhelmed that they get all the permits done in a week to 10 days...or quicker! maybe not...
    You know if they had nothing to do, they'll still take the full amount of time to do it. I mean, these are government workers...

You know if they had nothing to do, they'll still take the full amount of time to do it. I mean, these are government workers...
    Besides she even was quoted as follows:

"As far as processing applications, again we have no historical experience to draw off, but certainly we will do everything in our power to meet or exceed the processing time limits imposed by the Legislature," Brueck said.

Perhaps it depends on what the meaing of "exceeding a time limit" means to the DoJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast